Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 01:58 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,861,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Let me guess. You're one of the lucky ones His word was sent out to save. Right? Congratulations. Try not to worry too much about all those other unlucky souls. OK? It might steal your joy.
I can't help but worry...I do not know who the Elected are...Therefore I must spread the Gospel...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
The letter is telling believers that God will have all men to be saved.

He is talking to believers about all men.
I don't think so...

Old 09-15-2011, 02:04 AM

Quote:
When God is "ready to" He will save all mankind.

God’s purposes are not completed in this current age, but worked out in successive ages. (Eph. 2:7) The message of God’s saving work through Christ is glorious, and it is not limited to this lifetime as the “orthodox” church would have us believe. It is not in God’s plan “to save as many as He can before this life ends” only to throw the rest of His precious creation in the dumper for all eternity.

Jesus did not pray for the world, but for those whom the Father gave Him (the disciples). (John 17) Those who are Calvinists will twist this prayer of Jesus to say that God only has intentions to save the elect, while the rest are reserved for never-ending punishment, but they make the same critical mistake that most of Christendom does in that they do not see that God’s purposes for mankind do not end with this life.
GOD’S PLAN FOR THE AGES OF TIME
THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

Everything will be accomplished in GOD’S TIME, not ours. God’s purpose in this age is to bring a people to Himself (elect) in order to reach the non-elect in the ages to come. He is calling US in order to show forth His kindness to OTHERS in the ages to come. Once you see this truth, you will then understand why most people will never come to Christ in this age.

This does not mean God has forsaken the many and given them up to suffer never-ending punishments. The mercy, love, and compassion of our God will never fail and the Good Shepherd will keep on seeking and saving until everyone is saved.

The following link is a good exposition on what the Bible teaches about this subject.
REDEMPTION IN TWO PARTS
God, All in All!
God's Plan Of The Ages; The Purpose Of God In This Age; Redemption In Two Parts; As In Adam - So In Christ; Every Man In His Own Order; All Things In Subjection; God All In All
Sound like you might be talking about the 144 thousand Jewish male virgins...

Old 09-15-2011, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Why would I need someone else to tell me what the Scripture teach?...I can read the Scriptures for myself...Being lazy and allowing someone else to tell me what the Scriptures mean is how I got into a spiritually depressed place for the eight years I spent in Pentacostalism and Assembly of God Church...I no longer read 'christian' books...I read the Bible...I've caught too many authors twisting and/or delibrately omitting Scriptures in order to guide you to where they want you...

Old 09-15-2011, 02:58 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,387,835 times
Post The true gospel (good news)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Why would I need someone else to tell me what the Scripture teach?...I can read the Scriptures for myself...Being lazy and allowing someone else to tell me what the Scriptures mean is how I got into a spiritually depressed place for the eight years I spent in Pentacostalism and Assembly of God Church...I no longer read 'christian' books...I read the Bible...I've caught too many authors twisting and/or delibrately omitting Scriptures in order to guide you to where they want you...
You read the versions of the Bible approved by you.
Here are the ones I approve of.

Fifteen literally translated (not interpretively translated) Bibles that reveal what God will do with the sinners in Matthew 25:41&46
Concordant Literal, Young’s literal, Wilson’s Emphatic Diaglott, Rotherham’s Emphasized, Scarlett’s, J.W. Hanson’s New Covenant, Twentieth Century, Ferrar Fenton, The Western New Testament, Weymouth’s (unedited), Clementson’s, The New Testament of our Lord and Savior Jesus Anointed, The Restoration of Original Sacred Name Bible, Bullinger’s Companion Bible margins, Jonathan Mitchell’s translation (2010).
Literal translation – "age-during corrective chastisement"

The true gospel (good news)

God’s purposes are not completed in this current age, but worked out in successive ages. (Eph. 2:7) The message of God’s saving work through Christ is glorious, and it is not limited to this lifetime as the “orthodox” church would have us believe. It is not in God’s plan “to save as many as He can before this life ends” only to throw the rest of His precious creation in the dumper for all eternity.

Jesus did not pray for the world, but for those whom the Father gave Him (the disciples). (John 17) Those who are Calvinists will twist this prayer of Jesus to say that God only has intentions to save the elect, while the rest are reserved for never-ending punishment, but they make the same critical mistake that most of Christendom does in that they do not see that God’s purposes for mankind do not end with this life.
GOD’S PLAN FOR THE AGES OF TIME
THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

Everything will be accomplished in GOD’S TIME, not ours. God’s purpose in this age is to bring a people to Himself (elect) in order to reach the non-elect in the ages to come. He is calling US in order to show forth His kindness to OTHERS in the ages to come. Once you see this truth, you will then understand why most people will never come to Christ in this age.

This does not mean God has forsaken the many and given them up to suffer never-ending punishments. The mercy, love, and compassion of our God will never fail and the Good Shepherd will keep on seeking and saving until everyone is saved.

The following link is a great exposition on what the Bible teaches about this subject.
REDEMPTION IN TWO PARTS
God, All in All!
http://www.godfire.net/eby/allinall.html

Old 09-15-2011, 03:14 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,387,835 times
Post the greatest of all manifestations of God's grace in action

Quote:
So that is your testimony.
Mine is very different.

IMO, one of the greatest of all manifestations of God's grace in action on this earth is that Calvinists do not get into a spiritually depressed place, because they have a god who seems to say

"Since there is nothing you can do about it because you are totally depraved and you are not one of the elect, it is obvious that I created most of you for the purpose of torturing you forever. However, I am going to choose a few of you to go to heaven where you will be happy forever."

In my case, that was the concept that helped cause my horrific nervous breakdown 1966-79 (I'm 72 now).
It was only by examining the evidence for UR that I was able to gradually escape from that breakdown. e.g.
UNIVERSAL SALVATION UNIVERSITY
Universal Salvation University

Old 09-15-2011, 11:30 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,720,712 times
Quote:
Kinda' like how you omit the part about God being the savior of all people, and the part about how Christ died not only for our sin but also for the sin of the whole world ... Right?

"That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe."

"He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world."

Yeah that kinda' throws a wrench in the gears of the Calvinist paradigm ... No wonder you don't believe or teach it.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:06 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,102,328 times
Quote:
I can't help but worry...I do not know who the Elected are...Therefore I must spread the Gospel...
The Elected are the ones He knit together in the womb, so by all means, spread the "good news!"

Psalm 139:
13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;[b]
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
So that is your testimony.
Mine is very different.

IMO, one of the greatest of all manifestations of God's grace in action on this earth is that Calvinists do not get into a spiritually depressed place, because they have a god who seems to say

"Since there is nothing you can do about it because you are totally depraved and you are not one of the elect, it is obvious that I created most of you for the purpose of torturing you forever. However, I am going to choose a few of you to go to heaven where you will be happy forever."

In my case, that was the concept that helped cause my horrific nervous breakdown 1966-79 (I'm 72 now).
It was only by examining the evidence for UR that I was able to gradually escape from that breakdown. e.g.
UNIVERSAL SALVATION UNIVERSITY
Universal Salvation University
You have been led astray due to your inability to accept Hawyaw as He is...A non-Believer would not care if he were not one of the Elect...Because he does not believe in the first place...Because if UR were true, you could have found that out for yourself by reading the Bible instead of allowing people to lead you into UR....

Old 09-15-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Kinda' like how you omit the part about God being the savior of all people, and the part about how Christ died not only for our sin but also for the sin of the whole world ... Right?

"That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe."

"He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world."

Yeah that kinda' throws a wrench in the gears of the Calvinist paradigm ... No wonder you don't believe or teach it.
Temporal Salvation and Eternal Salvation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity