Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 06:06 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I think of it as a loving smack...

God says, "Just love each other for MY sake!"
Actually, UR is an un-truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
What makes you think man made religions idea of "holiness" is what God is?

Sin/Ignorance is dealt with by the LAW OF REAPING WHAT YOU SOW/CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR ACTIONS/KARMA...it's been around for as long as we have. Until one stops sinning/being ignorant and becomes consciously aware of who they truly are and their part in the big picture...the law will remain to pay back in kind.
What is your source for your beliefs, other than just your own opinion? You know what my source is, and I know you dismiss it.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Jimmiej, are you saying you don't believe that God has already dealt with sin?

"on the morrow John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, `Lo, the Lamb of God, who is taking away the sin of the world;"
No, not at all. I'm saying UR is a lie from Satan.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Not completely...but I'm actually working on it and I don't teach others that it is not their responsibility to WORK AT overcoming...this WORK is required to actually SEE & EXPERIENCE THE KINGDOM OF GOD...it is not optional.
So, on what grounds would you gain eternal life (salvation) if you die before you achieve sinlessness?

Old 09-09-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
You couldn't be more mistaken. One will not enter the Kingdom of God until one PUTS ON THE MIND OF CHRIST...and one cannot put on the mind of Christ until one WORKS WITHIN TO DO IT.

Easy "Believeism" will get one nowhere and that is evidenced completely by the current state of Christians and Christianity.
On that (bolded), we agree (James 2). The difference is, you believe faith/belief has nothing to do with it. Is that correct?

Old 09-09-2011, 06:40 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So, on what grounds would you gain eternal life (salvation) if you die before you achieve sinlessness?
You don't "gain" eternal life...we already HAVE eternal life...which has even been proven scientifically. We are energy and energy cannot be destroyed...it just changes form. Our consciousness is energy and when our physical form dies...our consciousness (which is who we truly are anyway) lives on.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:44 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
On that (bolded), we agree (James 2). The difference is, you believe faith/belief has nothing to do with it. Is that correct?
Faith & belief is fine...we must actually believe first what Jesus teaches if we are to follow the path he laid out correct? My point was, one just can't stop at belief and call it done...there is inner work that needs to be accomplished in order to put on the mind of Christ...believing in Jesus alone will never accomplish that...we actually have to follow the path he laid out for us and taught us to follow.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
You don't "gain" eternal life...we already HAVE eternal life...which has even been proven scientifically. We are energy and energy cannot be destroyed...it just changes form. Our consciousness is energy and when our physical form dies...our consciousness (which is who we truly are anyway) lives on.
OK, let me rephrase.

So, on what grounds would you gain the Kingdom of God (salvation) if you die before you achieve sinlessness?

Old 09-09-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Faith & belief is fine...we must actually believe first what Jesus teaches if we are to follow the path he laid out correct? My point was, one just can't stop at belief and call it done...there is inner work that needs to be accomplished in order to put on the mind of Christ...believing in Jesus alone will never accomplish that...we actually have to follow the path he laid out for us and taught us to follow.
Faith & belief (in Christ's redemptive work) comes first. Then, a changed life is the result (if the faith & belief was genuine). The Holy Spirit then indwells believers, guiding & directing him/her to spiritual maturity.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:01 PM

697 posts, read 1,072,123 times
Matthew 19:
"And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.” The disciples said to him, “If such is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry.” But he said to them, “Not everyone can receive this saying, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.”

What is Jesus saying here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity