U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:41 AM

2,705 posts, read 1,355,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Retaining the ancient ignorance of our primitive ancestors and rejecting modern knowledge and understanding of the origins of negative human emotions like hate is the epitome of foolishness. Promoting this Luddite mentality is a major sin of religious leadership . . . and ALL who have participated in it have a huge burden of souls to account for. God forgive them . . . they remained ignorant deliberately.
Get over yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 11:05 AM

9,502 posts, read 5,149,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am not sure I see the point in your post, but again, He will forgive everyone who wants to be forgiven, but many do not want to be forgiven.
I see the point of his post....he has a problem with God being just.
So what else can be done than to make hypothetical accusational questions to prove that position.

True to their nature they call:
  • "what is good.. evil" (God's justice)
  • "what is evil .. good" (homosexuality and those who approve of such)
God says people who expect that “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them”... are wearisome to Him.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:12 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,205,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The Bible is not clear on the issue, despite your obvious lack of knowledge on the subject. Quoting random english Biblical verses from Leviticus or Romans does not solve the issue. The Bible also clearly declares that wearing cotton/polyester blends and working on the Sabbath are abominations. Both of which you are quite guilty of and have not repented.

In other words, conservative Christians are giant hypocrites who cherry pick which Biblical laws they wish to follow, and those that they personally don't have to deal with (i.e. homosexuality) they can then use to demonize others and maintain a sense of superiority.
Thank you Fiyero for that wonderful observation...which is completely TRUE!!!!

Old 09-07-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Yes, one can dislike Christianity but not all Christians. Christianity is an organized religion, which today seems to have become nothing more than a corrupt power driven institution bent on control and money.

Not all Christians are the same way.

EXACTLY...some of us ACTUALLY FOLLOW THE PATH JESUS LAID OUT FOR US TO FOLLOW. Sadly, the majority of "Christians" don't.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:16 AM

9,502 posts, read 5,149,366 times
Originally Posted by Fiyero
The Bible is not clear on the issue, despite your obvious lack of knowledge on the subject. Quoting random english Biblical verses from Leviticus or Romans does not solve the issue. The Bible also clearly declares that wearing cotton/polyester blends and working on the Sabbath are abominations. Both of which you are quite guilty of and have not repented.

In other words, conservative Christians are giant hypocrites who cherry pick which Biblical laws they wish to follow, and those that they personally don't have to deal with (i.e. homosexuality) they can then use to demonize others and maintain a sense of superiority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Thank you Fiyero for that wonderful observation...which is completely TRUE!!!!
From one hater of God to another that would be wonderful ....wouldn't it?

Old 09-07-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

It is acutally a quote from Mamatha Gandi.
No...actually it is a corrupted quote of Mahatma Gandhi...the actual quote is:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

It seems he hit the nail on the head.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:22 AM

7,067 posts, read 2,881,624 times
Quote:

That law was given to the Jews, not Christians. Please educate yourself on the difference between Law and Grace.

Do Christians have to obey the Old Testament law?

Old 09-07-2011, 11:28 AM

35,856 posts, read 12,984,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I see the point of his post....he has a problem with God being just.
So what else can be done than to make hypothetical accusational questions to prove that position.

True to their nature they call:
  • "what is good.. evil" (God's justice)
  • "what is evil .. good" (homosexuality and those who approve of such)
God says people who expect that “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them”... are wearisome to Him.
The message sounded like this:

If you are a thief, keep stealing, because God forgives
If you are a liar, keep lying because God forgives
If you are a murderer, keep killing, because God forgives
If you are sexually immoral, keep at it, because God forgives

That's what it sounded like, but I wanted him to verify it.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:31 AM

35,856 posts, read 12,984,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
No...actually it is a corrupted quote of Mahatma Gandhi...the actual quote is:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

It seems he hit the nail on the head.
That one might hit you like a 'two by four', but it is a different quote. It has absolutely nothing to do with the one we spoke about.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Homosexual was not added to that verse until 1958 A.D. Perhaps you should actually do some research on the subject. Paul was condemning Greco-Roman pagan prostitution and pederasty. The concept of gay people did not exist in that time period.
You are correct Fiyero...it was temple prostitution and pedophelia that was condemned in the NT. Actually, same sex unions between adults did exist and have always existed...the difference is it was a completely accepted union at that time in history.

BTW...same sex attraction it is not something a person can change unless they choose to become celibate...it is the way they are born and anyone who states otherwise is completely IGNORANT of the scientific, physiological and psychological knowledge we've gained on this issue.

It is the way God made them...and you should be LOVING THEM AS YOUR NEIGHBORS AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF. The last time I checked Jesus didn't say LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORS AS YOURSELF...EXCEPT FOR THOSE HOMOSEXUALS. If one truly had PUT ON THE MIND OF CHRIST like we are told to do...one wouldn't see a homosexual or any kind of sin...one would see God in that person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity