Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 05:39 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,597,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
No religion saves anyone. I know this may be a shock to some of you Christians who believe that by being a member of the JWs, Church of Christ, 7th Day Adventist, Mormon, United Church of God, Catholic church and countless other cult like christian denominations that believe that they are in the truth, and that God is sending them a direct channel of communication that no other religion receives that some how makes them righteous over other Christian organizations that don't agree with your beliefs. That's a tactic of the devil to keep us all divided, and God allows this to happen so that those of us who have been blessed by God to question all beliefs OVER WHAT THE BIBLE ACTUALLY TEACHES ABOUT TOPICS IN CONTEXT can truly study to show ourselves approved unto God, who needth not be ashamed, but RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH. 2TIM 2:15.
Seriously? Um, rightly dividing? What does that mean exactly? Dividing truth from fable? There is no truth in the bible, it's all man-made, man-written nonsense and what exactly makes you think that YOU are rightly dividing anything? What are your qualifications to claim you have the only and absolute truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 05:41 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I thought perhaps a soul calling out to God, asking for help, guidance and mercy; would be 'foremost' in spiritual growth.

We are all sinners to begin with.
Why would you think God would hear a pure heart cry out for help, guidance and mercy...and give it ?

Old 12-27-2011, 05:43 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Seriously? Um, rightly dividing? What does that mean exactly? Dividing truth from fable? There is no truth in the bible, it's all man-made, man-written nonsense and what exactly makes you think that YOU are rightly dividing anything? What are your qualifications to claim you have the only and absolute truth?
...oh boy......

Old 12-27-2011, 06:38 PM

299 posts, read 262,313 times
Quote:
I do not support any church that has hirelings.

Our congregation does not pay a salary to anyone.

Ministers are either called of God, or else they are pursuing a 'career' and following after money.

The love of money is ...
Forest. Is the unpaid minister teaching you the same thing that the paid minister taught?

Old 12-27-2011, 07:29 PM

37,331 posts, read 61,154,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxjonz View Post
Forest. Is the unpaid minister teaching you the same thing that the paid minister taught?
In the words of Jesus: "The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep" [John 10:13]

Be aware of itching ears for they draw to themselves preachers that forsake good doctrine [2 Tim 4:3]

A man hired to do a job, does the job in the manner that his employer specifies else he risks losing his job.

I should certainly expect the teachings to be slightly different.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
In the words of Jesus: "The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep" [John 10:13]

Be aware of itching ears for they draw to themselves preachers that forsake good doctrine [2 Tim 4:3]

A man hired to do a job, does the job in the manner that his employer specifies else he risks losing his job.

I should certainly expect the teachings to be slightly different.
But Forest is there a difference from what the paid hireling has taught you compared to what the unpaid hireling is teaching you?

Old 12-27-2011, 07:39 PM

37,331 posts, read 61,154,439 times
Quote:
But Forest is there a difference from what the paid hireling has taught you compared to what the unpaid hireling is teaching you?
I said this already once before.

YES.

And thank God for the difference

Jesus warned us, and Jesus was right.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I said this already once before.

YES.

And thank God for the difference

Jesus warned us, and Jesus was right.
Ok Forest. What is the difference between the two?

Old 12-27-2011, 08:47 PM

33,068 posts, read 26,267,471 times
Quote:
So then it is your opinion that you are right and the apostle Paul is wrong!?
Read what I said and make an effort to comprehend it. You do not understand what Paul was saying. Since it is in print, I will not repeat what I have already said.

Readers can refer to post #43.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Read what I said and make an effort to comprehend it. You do not understand what Paul was saying. Since it is in print, I will not repeat what I have already said.

Readers can refer to post #43.
"It is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13
It seems very clear to me that "those who obey the law will be declared righteous" according to Paul. And it seems to me that it is your opinion that that Paul has not meant what he has said. Do you suppose he might be referring to an law that has been added to the law? The law of the Spirit, perhaps? That if a Jew or a Gentile has the faith to obey this one God will declare both of them righteous?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity