U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in UR, ET, annihilation
UR - Universal Reconciliation 24 57.14%
ET - Eternal Torment 7 16.67%
Annihilation 4 9.52%
other (please explain by post) 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 02:04 PM

3,576 posts, read 452,553 times

Advertisements

Not intended as a debate thread --- but if any want to debate here feel free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 03:12 PM

7,858 posts, read 6,662,302 times
In Hebrews 12: 2.....The writer of these Scriptures says ....``Looking to Jesus the author and the finisher of our faith. who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right side of the throne of God``........ So all the Scriptures Jesus said literally and spiritually about the subject of His judgment is what I will believe ......

Old 09-09-2011, 03:15 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
Since it is good and acceptable to the Lord that he wills all men to be saved, then I will also believe that which is good and acceptable to the Lord. I do not think believing what the Lord says is good and acceptable is something a person can go wrong about.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:40 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,384,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Since it is good and acceptable to the Lord that he wills all men to be saved, then I will also believe that which is good and acceptable to the Lord. I do not think believing what the Lord says is good and acceptable is something a person can go wrong about.
Ya... That's how I view it.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:08 PM

15,139 posts, read 8,226,063 times
I believe the Bible-God's Holy Word! John 3 is a good place to start.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:16 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,567,956 times
I definitely don't believe in ET.

I am inclined to believe in UR (it's supported by scripture and the fact that God is light and love and there is no darkness in Him)

Some days, however, I think annihilation might be a possibility for people who seem to lack a soul, but I've reached the point to where I don't feel I have to know. The main thing I had to see was that God was incapable of torturing any beings forever - that was just a doctrine I could not accept.

I distinctly recall once while meditating on these things a voice inside me said , "Nothing that is good will pass away or be lost". I believe that. As for that which is not good, I am happy to see it disappear forever.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:25 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,580,552 times
Which brings absolute and complete glory to God..?
If even ONE were lost forever....then there is something more powerful than love, more powerful than God (for God IS love)... I say to that: IMPOSSIBLE!

There is nothing more powerful than love.
NOTHING.

GOD IS LOVE.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:36 PM

15,139 posts, read 8,226,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Which brings absolute and complete glory to God..?
If even ONE were lost forever....then there is something more powerful than love, more powerful than God (for God IS love)... I say to that: IMPOSSIBLE!

There is nothing more powerful than love.
NOTHING.

GOD IS LOVE.
That all sounds nice & pretty, but it contradicts Holy Scripture.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:54 PM

6,457 posts, read 7,553,239 times
I lean towards annihilation. I severely doubt that a loving God would damn the majority of people to eternal torment. To me, annihilation is mercyful. When you die, you die. That's the end. Dust to dust, ashes, blackness, no memory, like before you were born. We live on this earth for what, 80 years? NO MECIFUL GOD would allow eternal torment to follow this pathetic life on earth. Does anyone know how long eternity is???

What's pathetic is this......

To the UR crowd, that's not good enough. EVERYONE will see the pearly gates, whether they were a murderer, rapist, child molester, ect.... SORRY, don't see that happening.

To the ET crowd, annihilation is WAY too merciful. Let all those evil people that don't agree with our fundamental views burn in hell for eternity!!!

Sorry, I just see a little more than either of these restricted views. If I burn in hell, whatever. If I see the pearly gates, cool. If I just cease to exist, awesome! I'll find out when I die.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:24 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,580,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That all sounds nice & pretty, but it contradicts Holy Scripture.

"nice and pretty"??

Kind of an odd way to describe the power of God, but ok..

And this message DOES contradict MOST folks interpretation of scripture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity