U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-17-2011, 11:32 AM

18,940 posts, read 8,713,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA2310 View Post
I tremble to think about it. It reminds me too much of when Satan said to Eve in the Garden of Eden, "...hath God said...?"

Sometimes it doesn't take much arm-twisting to get someone to go the way of sin.

On the other hand, we have Christ...who, when Satan tried to tempt Him, appealed to the Scriptures, "It is written...". This must be our example, indeed.
The example is not quoting scripture,it's the reality of the Life we believe on in our own individual lives.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 11:34 AM

34,265 posts, read 11,573,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Since when as it been about becoming anything other than knowing Jesus Christ?. It's Jesus Christ who sets a man free,belief in eternal torment or universal reconciliation doesn't set a man free,but belief in either will mostly definitely shape how we see.
Belief in partial truth mixed with lies sets no one free.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:34 AM

2,976 posts, read 1,491,029 times
Post Many people have been set free by the truth of universalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it is not the preaching of hell, it is the fact that THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE. Unbelivers never become universalists, because it is not the truth, and therefore utterly powerless to set anyone free.
Many people have been set free by the truth of universalism.
THE CONSEQUENSES OF ETERNAL TORMENT TEACHING
Fruit from the Teaching of Hell

Note that the victims of this theology found no consolation in the Christian gospel. This was my problem too! The question I kept asking myself was, “How can I find comfort in the Christian Gospel when I can’t even love or respect it’s God?”

WILL JESUS LET BILLIONS OF PEOPLE SUFFER FOREVER IN HELL?
The Law of Circularity: Will Jesus Torture Billions Forever? How Men Are Saved
Not according to a literally translated Bible.

Fifteen literally translated (not interpretively translated) Bibles that reveal what God will do with the sinners in Matthew 25:41&46
Concordant Literal, Young’s literal, Wilson’s Emphatic Diaglott, Rotherham’s Emphasized, Scarlett’s, J.W. Hanson’s New Covenant, Twentieth Century, Ferrar Fenton, The Western New Testament, Weymouth’s (unedited), Clementson’s, The New Testament of our Lord and Savior Jesus Anointed, The Restoration of Original Sacred Name Bible, Bullinger’s Companion Bible margins, Jonathan Mitchell’s translation (2010).
Literal translation – age-during corrective chastisement

Here is a snippet from the book
THE UNIVERSAL RESTORATION – ELHANAN WINCHESTER

“The reason why I do not conceive that “forever and ever” doth intend endless duration is because I find the words as often used for times and periods that must have an end, as you find them used for the misery of the wicked.

You bring three passages which are all that are to be found in the whole Bible where they are used in that sense; I shall now invalidate those evidences for endless damnation by bringing an equal number of texts where you will allow the words are used in a limited sense. Is. 30:8; Jer. 7:7; Jer. 35:5.

These passages are as many and as strongly expressed as those which you brought to prove endless misery; and yet nothing can be more evident than that they cannot intend endless duration. The words do not imply that the wicked shall never be delivered from their sins and consequent suffering."

Old 09-17-2011, 11:39 AM

1,263 posts, read 476,352 times
If you do not have a relationship with God the Father through the savior Jesus Christ, His Son, you will not be saved.

Matthew 7
23Then I [Jesus] will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Old 09-17-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
There is no Universalist religion, Finn. Universalism is a belief of Christianity.
No, it isn't. It is a belief in partial truth mixed with lies. It is not the whole truth. For example, universalists ignore some 200 verses which stress the importance of faith in Christ. They insist that everyone is saved with or without faith.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Belief in partial truth mixed with lies sets no one free.
You cannot mix Truth(Jesus Christ) with anything, we are called to believe on Jesus Christ, not a belief in heaven or hell,listen to what you are saying.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you believe the teaching of eternal torment is truth or not ?,it's a simple question.
If you want to discuss eternal torment, then you'll just have to open another thread about it. You are desparately trying to steer the conversation to ET and hell, but I am not interested in going off topic with you.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
No, it isn't. It is a belief in partial truth mixed with lies. It is not the whole truth. For example, universalists ignore some 200 verses which stress the importance of faith in Christ. They insist that everyone is saved with or without faith.
No it does not ignore those 200 verses at all,this is you misrepresenting UR. No one who believes in UR says you can be saved without faith. Unfortunately mental consent to a man and 66 books is classified as faith by most of Christendom.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
If you want to discuss eternal torment, then you'll just have to open another thread about it. You are desparately trying to steer the conversation to ET and hell, but I am not interested in going off topic with you.

I think you need to look back at your own posts on this thread before saying someone is off topic about talking about hell.Also read the OP it's all about eternal torment.

The teaching of eternal torment is not truth,because Jesus Christ said he is the Truth.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:53 AM

2,976 posts, read 1,491,029 times
Post Salvation out of the lake of fire which is the 2nd death

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
If you do not have a relationship with God the Father through the savior Jesus Christ, His Son, you will not be saved.

Matthew 7
23Then I [Jesus] will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
They will be thrown into the lake of fire which is the second death.

But everyone will be saved out of the lake of fire which is the second death because God will have (wants) all men to be saved.
And “God is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will” (Ephesians 1:11)

Change it to read “in accord with the counsel of what He wants" if you like.
Because God says
"My counsel shall stand.
I will do all my pleasure
(the saving of all mankind is part of the pleasure that God wants)
Yea I have spoken it.
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it.
I will also do it."
Isaiah 46:10,11

Job 23:13 “But he stands alone, and who can oppose him?
He does whatever he pleases.
(the saving of all mankind is part of what He wants that pleases Him)

Isaiah 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
(the salvation of all mankind is part of all of which God desires or wants)

So we see God does all His pleasure, He does whatever He pleases, and His word accomplishes that which He desires.
His pleasure, that which He desires and pleases Him is what He wants.

His will = What He wants
What does He want?
THE SALVATION OF ALL WHO BELIEVE
Why will it happen?
Because God Himself will see to it that it gets done.

NEW TESTAMENT GREEK LEXICON

thelo

to will, have in mind, intend
to be resolved or determined
to purpose
to desire, to wish
to love
to like to do a thing, be fond of doing
to take delight in, have pleasure [/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity