Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 01:42 PM

817 posts, read 734,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
(Forever - #165 in Strongs Concordance)

Not so fast

g165

Mat 12:32 And whoever may speak a word against the Son of Man it shall be forgiven to him, but whoever may speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this age, nor in that which is coming.

Mat 13:22 `And that sown toward the thorns, this is he who is hearing the word, and the anxiety of this age, and the deceitfulness of the riches, do choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

Mat 13:39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil, and the harvest is a full end of the age, and the reapers are messengers.
Mat 13:40 `As, then, the darnel is gathered up, and is burned with fire, so shall it be in the full end of this age,

Mat 13:49 so shall it be in the full end of the age, the messengers shall come forth and separate the evil out of the midst of the righteous,

Mat 24:3 And when he is sitting on the mount of the Olives, the disciples came near to him by himself, saying, `Tell us, when shall these be? and what is the sign of thy presence, and of the full end of the age?'

Mat 28:20 teaching them to observe all, whatever I did command you,) and lo, I am with you all the days--till the full end of the age.'

Luk 1:70 As He spake by the mouth of His holy prophets, Which have been from the age;

Luk 20:34 And Jesus answering said to them, `The sons of this age do marry and are given in marriage,
Luk 20:35 but those accounted worthy to obtain that age, and the rising again that is out of the dead, neither marry, nor are they given in marriage;
Very good post.

My take on the "blaspheming the Holy Spirit part" and that being unforgivable, is that it relates to those who do black magic and witchcraft...and/or sorcery against God. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
An appropriate snippet IMO from
SOONER OR LATER GOD ALL IN ALL - ANTHONY J. BORRELLO

“As hostile and objectionable our dear brethren may be, there are answers and explanations for every argument and/or insinuation presented against the undeniable fact, That God indeed is a God ‘Who will have all men to be saved, and come into a knowledge of the truth (1Tim. 2:4). As greatly as man and their religious attempt to fight this utterly dynamic evangel (good news), God shall eventually be All in all (1Cor. 15:28).

But God is in no hurry. He has specific eons, and administrations within the eons, to fulfill His universal purpose and intention of universal reconciliation. All came out of Christ, including Adam. Consequently all shall be restored by and through Christ, ‘yet each in his own class’ (1Cor. 15:23).

Annihilation is only one step from its false associate ‘eternal torment.’ When clouds of confusion gather regarding God’s plan for mankind, and despair comes showering down upon our studies, turn to God’s word originally rendered, then, like a searchlight in the darkness of night, His love, and His light of understanding will surely beam forth. God will not allow any to be eternally lost. He is a loving Creator, working out His purpose for the universe, Who will get love from all in return, so that He can and will be ‘ALL in all,’ to all, ‘later.’”
I do believe all souls will have a chance at reconciliation, ultimately, but from there...there will eventually be many new challenges and wonderful journeys, on various levels.

Also, I do believe that new souls are eventually created, so that at any one time, there will always be some unreconciled (unsaved) entities...but it is just part of their development. It helps them to be able to appreciate and fully enjoy what is good, to understand the difference between the two. Just a theory on soul development, however....since soul and memory are inexplicably connected.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:19 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,949,575 times
Well, I'm probably done with this thread since I've posted the truth and since it's so depressing to know that this just goes right over people's heads and he majority just refuses I think I'll just forget about it. I've done what Yahua required of me.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:36 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,384,411 times
Exclamation Let me tell you what is really depressing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Well, I'm probably done with this thread since I've posted the truth and since it's so depressing to know that this just goes right over people's heads and he majority just refuses I think I'll just forget about it. I've done what Yahua required of me.
Let me tell you what is really depressing to me.
Both the Arminian ET belief and the Calvinist ET belief are really depressing to me.

ARMINIAN ET BELIEF - It's as if God says
“Unless you are lucky enough to find out about my son during this lifetime, and even if you are that lucky, if you don’t have the good sense to cooperate with my son properly before you die, then I am going to raise you from the dead and I will sustain you alive in an inescapable state of eternal torment forever.”

CALVINIST ET BELIEF - It's as if God says
"Since there is nothing you can do about it because you are totally depraved and you are not one of the elect, it is obvious that I created most of you for the purpose of torturing you forever. However, I am going to choose a few of you to go to heaven where you will be happy forever."

Now those two ET beliefs are really depressing to me.

So what is the opposite of depressing to me?
That would be the information contained in this link.
UNIVERSAL SALVATION UNIVERSITY
Universal Salvation University

Old 09-12-2011, 03:41 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,078,454 times
Quote:
O-Ducky, I'm sorry your depressed, maybe it is the first step on you waking up to what the scriptures really say.

But do you really think a verse like Matt 5:22 proves there is a place of eternal torture in hell just because some bible translations put the word hell in there?

Old 09-12-2011, 03:43 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,078,454 times
Regarding Matt 5:29 & 5:30, do you think perhaps they are figurative or a metaphor?

Old 09-12-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Bro...before you do that, could you answer my question about 1 Peter 3:18-20?

Hell is not completely eternal...because these verses show that Christ preached to "those in prison...who were for sometime disobedient" to God.

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

A different translation reads:

"because also Christ once for sin did suffer -- righteous for unrighteous -- that he might lead us to God, having been put to death indeed, in the flesh, and having been made alive in the spirit,

in which also to the spirits in prison having gone he did preach, who sometime disbelieved, when once the long-suffering of God did wait, in days of Noah -- an ark being preparing -- in which few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water;"

So hell is likened to both a spiritual prison here, and a garbage dump (gehenna)

Old 09-14-2011, 04:30 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,384,411 times
Post "the conclusion" from a ur point of view

O-Ducky's conclusion of the conclusion:

Quote:
Well, I'm probably done with this thread since I've posted the truth and since it's so depressing to know that this just goes right over people's heads and the majority just refuses I think I'll just forget about it. I've done what Yahua required of me.
O-Ducky started out the debate by writing

"Alright, you want to play? I'm sick and tired of all the foolish debates over whether there is going to be a final judgement on those who refuse to repent, sending them to a place of eternal punishment.

UR's, find your best player and put a quarter in the machine. Get all you scriptures together, run over them together with whomever it is that is your representative and show everyone here why it is that you believe everyone is going to be saved. In return I'll post all the scriptures that I think prove the opposite and then those who aren't sure can judge for themselves on what is truth. After all, your pretty firm in your belief so it's not about trying to convince you. You've already made your choice.

If you can do that then that would show to everyone that your not afraid of the Word of God and in fact you believe God is behind you all the way. If you come on this thread and start bickering and debating then that means your just trying to weasel around twisting scripture in an attempt to bring confusion and therefore distorting the truth.

So what's it going to be. Do you want to play?

I'll even bless you in the name of Yahushua...

...and please, no one comment whatsoever unless your bringing the Word of God with you and it's a final presentation. If you believe the Word of God like I do, then pm me if you want."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CONCLUSION FROM A UR POINT OF VIEW

Bringing the word of God with me, including the writings of Paul, that O-Ducky rejects as being the word of God.

Sooner or later God always gets what he wants.

God will have (wants if you like) all men to be saved (1 Timothy 2:4)
It is God’s “pleasure” that all mankind be saved.
And “God is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will” (Ephesians 1:11)

Change it to read “in accord with the counsel of what He wants if you like.
Because God says
"My counsel shall stand.
I will do all my pleasure
(the saving of all mankind is part of the pleasure that God wants)
Yea I have spoken it.
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it.
I will also do it."
Isaiah 46:10,11

Job 23:13 “But he stands alone, and who can oppose him?
He does whatever he pleases.
(the saving of all mankind is part of what He wants that pleases Him)

Isaiah 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
(the saving of all mankind is part of all of which God desires or wants)

So we see God does all His pleasure, He does whatever He pleases, and His word accomplishes that which He desires.
His pleasure, that which He desires and pleases Him, is what He wants.

His will = What He wants
What does He want?
THE SALVATION OF ALL MANKIND
Why will it happen?
Because God Himself will see to it that it gets done.

NEW TESTAMENT GREEK LEXICON

thelo

to will, have in mind, intend
to be resolved or determined
to purpose
to desire, to wish
to love
to like to do a thing, be fond of doing
to take delight in, have pleasure

Last edited by rodgertutt; 09-14-2011 at 04:42 PM..

Old 09-15-2011, 08:17 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,904,840 times
Quote:
Nothing is going over anyones heads, you just set up the stage for your own problem here.

First you challenge people without having any real authority or sense that a person would take you seriously. Secondly, you declare yourself victorious as if there was ever a contest in the first place.

And lastly, you post your conclusion and because everyone isn;t falling all over you and praising you for it and changing their minds, poor poor o-duckly is now depressed and going to forget about it.

Dude, you set yourself up for this, all you have done is talk past people, you are not truly interested in anything anyone else has to say, and you're so transparent its not even funny.

Get over yourself.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:22 PM

537 posts, read 453,949 times
What would be an example of a UR presentation of the Gospel to a fellow-human being?

If you were bringing the Gospel to someone, what would you tell the individual?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity