Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 03:55 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
No I don't believe what you described above. Yes there is a heaven, what it is exactly is debatable - regardless scripture still shows all will believe when every knee bows and every tongue confesses.
So, you disagree with the URs who say there is no heaven, that "it's a way of thinking & feeling... often influenced by surroundings, but mostly originating mentally"

Because when they put it like that, it means they think heaven and hell are experienced before you die.

Quote:
But you didn't say if you've seen those viewpoints that think people will be set on fire forever.
What about them? If someone has that viewpoint, then what I am supposed to do about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 03:55 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it was not a word game.
No it didn't seem so, and I see no denial of heaven or hell only a different view of it than you have.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:02 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Post There are two "conclusions"

This thread is called THE CONCLUSION.
It is supposed the be the conclusion of the ET versus UR debate disproving UR.
Here is why I don't think it succeeded in doing that.

Snippets from
SOONER OR LATER GOD ALL IN ALL - ANTHONY J. BORRELLO
“As hostile and objectionable our dear brethren may be, there are answers and explanations for every argument and/or insinuation presented against the undeniable fact, That God indeed is a God ‘Who will have all men to be saved, and come into a knowledge of the truth (1Tim. 2:4). As greatly as man and their religious attempt to fight this utterly dynamic evangel (good news), God shall eventually be All in all (1Cor. 15:28)."
EDITOR'S ADDITION:
BIBLE THREATENINGS EXPLAINED
Bible Threatenings Explained

"But God is in no hurry. He has specific eons, and administrations within the eons, to fulfill His universal purpose and intention of universal reconciliation. All came out of Christ, including Adam. Consequently all shall be restored by and through Christ, ‘yet each in his own class’ (1Cor. 15:23)."
EDITOR'S ADDITION:
GOD'S PLAN FOR THE AGES OF TIME
THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

"Annihilation is only one step from its false associate ‘eternal torment.’ When clouds of confusion gather regarding God’s plan for mankind, and despair come showering down upon our studies, turn to God’s word originally rendered, then, like a searchlight in the darkness of night, His love, and His light of understanding will surely beam forth. God will not allow any to be eternally lost. He is a loving Creator, working out His purpose for the universe, Who will get love from all in return, so that He can and will be ‘ALL in all,’ to all, ‘later.’”
EDITOR'S ADDITION:
WILL UNBELIEVERS BE ANNIHILATED? - chapters three and four
Lighthouse Library International - ALL IN ALL, ADOLPH E||&type=&what=author

Old 10-07-2011, 04:08 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:
So, you disagree with the URs who say there is no heaven, that "it's a way of thinking & feeling... often influenced by surroundings, but mostly originating mentally"

Because when they put it like that, it means they think heaven and hell are experienced before you die.
Its debatable what heaven is. I don't think it is the traditional literal "streets of gold" or "in the clouds" view. Scripture speaks of a new heaven and a new earth as well. So "getting to heaven" may not be what is traditionally taught. Its a big topic. There is the kingdom of heaven, the reign with Christ, heavens above, the new heaven, the new earth, the new Jerusalem, all being resurrected, each in their own order - two different resurrections, every knee bowing, and ultimately God being all in all.

Quote:
What about them? If someone has that viewpoint, then what I am supposed to do about it?
Well obviously its to show that there are many out there who do believe that people are set on fire for eternity, which has been BHFT's point. Its fine if you don't believe that, but there are many many who do. But I suppose you are just being difficult. Carry on...

Old 10-07-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Its debatable what heaven is. I don't think it is the traditional literal "streets of gold" or "in the clouds" view. Scripture speaks of a new heaven and a new earth as well. So "getting to heaven" may not be what is traditionally taught. Its a big topic. There is the kingdom of heaven, the reign with Christ, heavens above, the new heaven, the new earth, the new Jerusalem, all being resurrected, each in their own order - two different resurrections, every knee bowing, and ultimately God being all in all.
Well, it is being debated that "it's a way of thinking & feeling... often influenced by surroundings, but mostly originating mentally".

And you seem to disagree with that view.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:33 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
It is as applicable today as it was then.
How so? Are you practicing animal sacrifices to god as a Jew?

Old 10-07-2011, 04:38 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Ok, so you chose to believe Paul and I chose to believe the Messiah (God)

Luke 13:22-27 (The Narrow Door)

22 Yahushua went through the towns and villages, teaching as he went, always pressing on toward Jerusalem. 23 Someone asked him, “Master, will only a few be saved?” He replied, 24 “Work hard to enter the narrow door to God’s Kingdom, for many will try to enter but will fail. 25 When the master of the house has locked the door, it will be too late. You will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Master, open the door for us!’ But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’ 26 Then you will say, ‘But we ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’ 27 And he will reply, ‘I tell you, I don’t know you or where you come from. Get away from me, all you who do evil.’

That's as clear as it gets. What a horrible choice your making.
Well the Messiah Jesus Christ who I believe in,said the " fields are ripe unto harvest"and what was actually few in number was those to gather the harvest.

Don't you think if the harvest( those who are saved) is few, it wouldn't matter
If those gathering it would be few?.

If you think you are a part of a select few,quite frankly you are deceived.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:56 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well the Messiah Jesus Christ who I believe in,said the " fields are ripe unto harvest"and what was actually few in number was those to gather the harvest.

Don't you think if the harvest( those who are saved) is few, it wouldn't matter
If those gathering it would be few?.

If you think you are a part of a select few,quite frankly you are deceived.
You have that backwards. The harvest is those who have not heard the saving gospel of Christ, and the workers are God's disciples spreading same.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:08 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
You have that backwards. The harvest is those who have not heard the saving gospel of Christ, and the workers are God's disciples spreading same.
The harvest is ripe for what saved 33 ?........the workers are few, Jesus' own words. The harvest is the harvest, it just needed to be gathered in.

Anyone who is deceiving themselves by thinking only a few will be saved, needs to consider that God is a God of increase,multitudes healed,multitudes fed,boat load of fish caught,rivers of living water,love beyond measure,abundant life ,the earth shall be filled with knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea,He's the God of good measure pressed down and shaken together and running over,can I get an amen Saved33.

Blessings all mine and 10,000 besides

Last edited by pcamps; 10-07-2011 at 05:30 PM..

Old 10-07-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
How so? Are you practicing animal sacrifices to god as a Jew?
Me a Jew? No, but then again, the verses are not about animal sacrifices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity