U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 09-12-2011, 06:46 PM
 
6,202 posts, read 4,827,403 times
Reputation: 1673
Default How Does One Explain THIS Prosperity Gospel Success Story???

Shortened For Brevity:

Quote:
By age 34, Nasir Siddiki, a successful businessman, had made his first million, but money meant nothing to him on his deathbed. Diagnosed with the worst case of shingles ever admitted to Toronto General Hospital, his immune system shut down and doctors left him to die.

I eventually slipped so close to death that the doctors didn’t know I could hear them when they examined me. “His immune system has simply shut down,” one of them said.

“He’s dying,” the other confirmed.

They left me here to die! I felt like a drowning man going down for the third time. Gathering my strength I whispered a prayer. “God, if you’re real, don’t let me die!”

During the darkest hour of the night, I woke and saw a man at the foot of my bed. Rays of light emanated from him, allowing me to see his outline. I couldn’t see his face, it was too bright. No one had to tell me, I knew it was Jesus.

Without words, he spoke to me. “I Am the God of the Christians. I Am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.”

The next morning, the same two doctors arrived to examine me. “The blisters have stopped growing!”

“We don’t know what happened, but the shingles virus has gone into remission!”
Anyway, to make a long story short, Mr. Siddiki went to Theological School and got a doctorate in Theology. He's now a successful minister who attributes his total healing and conversion to Jesus. That's the good news.

The "bad" news"???

He's a dye-in-the-wool "prosperity gospel" proponent who aligns himself with the likes of Paul & Jan Crouch, Creflo Dollar, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland and Rod Parsley---the entire gang that populates Trinity Broadcast Network.

Now I admit I have never had kind words for the prosperity p*mps over at TBN. But this represents a spectacular endorsement by Jesus of the prosperity philosophy.

Here's what Wiki has to say about him:

Quote:
Nasir Siddiki primarily serves as a motivational speaker at conferences for Christian businessmen, and has also published two books titled Kingdom Principles of Financial Increase in which was released in 1999 and How to Prosper in any Recession which was released in 2009. Siddiki has appeared with and been endorsed by televangelists such as Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn, Rod Parsley, Keith Butler, Bill Winston, Paula White, Creflo Dollar, and Myles Munroe. Similar to these men, Siddiki is identified by scholars, journalists and watchdog organizations as proponents of a theology called "prosperity theology" that states that God will provide virtually unlimited blessings of health and wealth if one has faith, as in trust, in God.
The story of Siddiki being cured of the "worst case of shingles" doctors who attended him have ever seen is either fabricated or Jesus bypassed billions of Christians who could really use His help and singled Siddiki out to work a tremendous miracle on knowing that he'd start preaching the [false?] gospel of wealth and loot as a reward for giving your bucks to prosperity churches.

Or does satan have the power to appear as Jesus and totally heal a human?

I confess I am baffled by this!

Read the entire story here. Scroll down until you see a pic of a man covered in boils.

Pro and Con 1629

Anyone care to venture an explanation for this seemingly colossal gap in logic?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-12-2011, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
6,805 posts, read 4,635,089 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Shortened For Brevity:



Anyway, to make a long story short, Mr. Siddiki went to Theological School and got a doctorate in Theology. He's now a successful minister who attributes his total healing and conversion to Jesus. That's the good news.

The "bad" news"???

He's a dye-in-the-wool "prosperity gospel" proponent who aligns himself with the likes of Paul & Jan Crouch, Creflo Dollar, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland and Rod Parsley---the entire gang that populates Trinity Broadcast Network.

Now I admit I have never had kind words for the prosperity p*mps over at TBN. But this represents a spectacular endorsement by Jesus of the prosperity philosophy.

Here's what Wiki has to say about him:



The story of Siddiki being cured of the "worst case of shingles" doctors who attended him have ever seen is either fabricated or Jesus bypassed billions of Christians who could really use His help and singled Siddiki out to work a tremendous miracle on knowing that he'd start preaching the [false?] gospel of wealth and loot as a reward for giving your bucks to prosperity churches.

Or does satan have the power to appear as Jesus and totally heal a human?

I confess I am baffled by this!

Read the entire story here. Scroll down until you see a pic of a man covered in boils.

Pro and Con 1629

Anyone care to venture an explanation for this seemingly colossal gap in logic?
I think doctors dont understand the human immune system as well as they think.. I also think the law of attraction has something to do with his good fortune both financially and medically. However, it is a shame he's aligned with the prosperity types.... A darn shame.

My 2 cents.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2011, 08:47 PM
 
6,202 posts, read 4,827,403 times
Reputation: 1673
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
My 2 cents.
Worth a good $200,000 far as logic goes, Kat. Just don't don't forget to give 10% of that to TBN so you can turn the $20,000 into 2 million, going by their rules.

Quote:
I also think the law of attraction has something to do with his good fortune both financially and medically.
Please elaborate. The only "law of attraction" I'm familiar with is the one when a man sees a good-looking woman (and vice-versa)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,004,508 times
Reputation: 243
He said, "God, IF you're real....." which isn't faith, but they say you must have faith to get those impossible situations turned around.

Last edited by Bright Hope for Tomorrow; 09-12-2011 at 09:42 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2011, 09:37 PM
 
2,959 posts, read 2,302,843 times
Reputation: 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
The story of Siddiki being cured of the "worst case of shingles" doctors who attended him have ever seen is either fabricated or Jesus bypassed billions of Christians who could really use His help and singled Siddiki out to work a tremendous miracle on knowing that he'd start preaching the [false?] gospel of wealth and loot as a reward for giving your bucks to prosperity churches.

Or does satan have the power to appear as Jesus and totally heal a human?

I confess I am baffled by this!
It's something called a "damn lie".

It's not the first and it won't be the last.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2011, 10:12 PM
 
2,265 posts, read 832,641 times
Reputation: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Shortened For Brevity:



Anyway, to make a long story short, Mr. Siddiki went to Theological School and got a doctorate in Theology. He's now a successful minister who attributes his total healing and conversion to Jesus. That's the good news.

The "bad" news"???

He's a dye-in-the-wool "prosperity gospel" proponent who aligns himself with the likes of Paul & Jan Crouch, Creflo Dollar, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland and Rod Parsley---the entire gang that populates Trinity Broadcast Network.

Now I admit I have never had kind words for the prosperity p*mps over at TBN. But this represents a spectacular endorsement by Jesus of the prosperity philosophy.

Here's what Wiki has to say about him:



The story of Siddiki being cured of the "worst case of shingles" doctors who attended him have ever seen is either fabricated or Jesus bypassed billions of Christians who could really use His help and singled Siddiki out to work a tremendous miracle on knowing that he'd start preaching the [false?] gospel of wealth and loot as a reward for giving your bucks to prosperity churches.

Or does satan have the power to appear as Jesus and totally heal a human?

I confess I am baffled by this!

Read the entire story here. Scroll down until you see a pic of a man covered in boils.

Pro and Con 1629

Anyone care to venture an explanation for this seemingly colossal gap in logic?
I don't think that all that teach the prosperity message are in the wrong but should teach the principle "Seek first the Kingdom of God and then all things [you need and for others] shall be added to you and that wealth is relative to ones need and some receive much more than others to grow the Kingdom. Some prosperity teachers only line thier own pockets, live in million dollar homes, and ride around in hundred thousand dollar cars. I would not support them. It is written, "Know them who labor among you." If you do not know them then do not support them and let God be the judge.

Solomon was rich because he at first Glorified God by Wisdom and by establishing a great nation that was second to none. God owns the cattle of a thousand hills and well able to give much to those who know that wealth given to a Christian is not just for personal need but also for the furtherance of the Kingdom.

God said to Moses that there should be no poor among Israel, but of coarse they did not seek the Kingdom of God first and so many became poor, but in Gods mercy he instructed those who had much to help those who had little. GEN 13:2 And Abram [Abraham] was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold. It is written, 3JN 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers."

Again, I say that prosperity is relative and we should not all expect to be millionaires. I am not the judge of how much God prospers another soul but I do hope they use their wealth for the Kingdom of God sake; for job creation, to help the poor and spread the Gospel. I have known rich Christians who used their wealth in such a way.

The other side of the coin is that many ministers do not encourage much. PROV 10:15 The rich man's wealth is his strong city: the destruction of the poor is their poverty.
PROV 20:13 Love not sleep, lest you come to poverty; open your eyes, and you shall be satisfied with bread.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2011, 10:27 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
6,805 posts, read 4,635,089 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Worth a good $200,000 far as logic goes, Kat. Just don't don't forget to give 10% of that to TBN so you can turn the $20,000 into 2 million, going by their rules.



Please elaborate. The only "law of attraction" I'm familiar with is the one when a man sees a good-looking woman (and vice-versa)
Thats probably a law too....

The Law of Attraction has to do with like attracts like..

Here's a documentary explaining it: Official Web Site of The Secret and The Power

Just like the Law of Gravity, the Law of Attraction is at work whether we know it or want it to be.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2011, 10:30 PM
 
Location: Southern Minnesota
5,992 posts, read 6,950,682 times
Reputation: 2939
The story is probably completely fabricated. Made up. A lie. Jesus does NOT endorse the "prosperity gospel."
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-13-2011, 03:42 AM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
2,705 posts, read 1,276,710 times
Reputation: 809
Quote:
Anyone care to venture an explanation for this seemingly colossal gap in logic?
Colossal gaps in logic will occur from time to time. Maybe we don't know everything, after all.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-13-2011, 03:43 AM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
2,705 posts, read 1,276,710 times
Reputation: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
He said, "God, IF you're real....." which isn't faith, but they say you must have faith to get those impossible situations turned around.
That's true. But not everyone is capable of it.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top