Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 01:56 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,331,087 times

Advertisements

Jesus tells us plainly:

If we don't judge other people, God will not judge us.

If we are merciful to other people, God will be merciful with us.

If we are peacemakers, (not the "peacekeepers" that carry guns and protect imperialist countries), then we will be called God's Children.

If we forgive other people of their mistakes, God will forgive us of ours.

Pretty easy stuff, I'd say!

Blessings!
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 03:24 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,180,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Jesus tells us plainly:

If we are peacemakers, (not the "peacekeepers" that carry guns and protect imperialist countries), then we will be called God's Children.

Blessings!
brian
Amen Brian...it seems so many Christians focus solely on negative things in regards to God instead of focusing on the positive. I sure am thankful that the God I believe in is not an Egomaniacal Tyrant.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:22 PM

461 posts, read 477,637 times
You forget what Jesus and the son of man say;

I do nothing on my own,I judge as I hear and my judgment is just because I'm not seeking my own will but the will of the One who sent me.

Jesus sent His followers to do what He did even though Christians do not follow Him. They are to busy following Paul who did not speak what Jesus said.Jesus said what I have done that's what you must do. As the Father sent me that's how I send you.Scripture says "Judge justly".So if you don't judge you don't follow Him.

"Judgement will again be done with justice and all the upright of heart will follow it".

No one can see the reign of God without being born from above.
No one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit.
Flesh makes flesh ,spirit makes spirit.
Do not be amazed that I told you, You must be born from above.
The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.

My teaching is not my own it comes from the one who sent me.
Whoever chooses to do his will shall know about this teaching namely, whether it comes from God or whether I‘m speaking on my own.
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory, but whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful, and there is no dishonesty in his heart.
Stop judging by appearances, judge justly.
Yet I did not come on my own, the one who is true sent me, Him you do not know.
I know him, because I come from him, he’s the one who sent me.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:51 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,210,658 times
Good luck with that

Old 09-14-2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
You forget what Jesus and the son of man say;

I do nothing on my own,I judge as I hear and my judgment is just because I'm not seeking my own will but the will of the One who sent me.

Jesus sent His followers to do what He did even though Christians do not follow Him. They are to busy following Paul who did not speak what Jesus said.Jesus said what I have done that's what you must do. As the Father sent me that's how I send you.Scripture says "Judge justly".So if you don't judge you don't follow Him.

"Judgement will again be done with justice and all the upright of heart will follow it".

No one can see the reign of God without being born from above.
No one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit.
Flesh makes flesh ,spirit makes spirit.
Do not be amazed that I told you, You must be born from above.
The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.

My teaching is not my own it comes from the one who sent me.
Whoever chooses to do his will shall know about this teaching namely, whether it comes from God or whether I‘m speaking on my own.
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory, but whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful, and there is no dishonesty in his heart.
Stop judging by appearances, judge justly.
Yet I did not come on my own, the one who is true sent me, Him you do not know.
I know him, because I come from him, he’s the one who sent me.
I believe you are confusing 2 different things regarding judgment.

To "judge justly" means to use judgment, and to discern good from evil. Indeed, many Christians are not able to do that yet..

However, when Jesus tells us "judge not, that ye may not be judged," He is telling us to not judge (condemn) other people. That is how we can avoid being judged by God.

Another way Jesus put it is like this: "Condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned."

In other words, our condemnation (or lack thereof) will depend on how we have treated other people.

So now you know.

Blessings!
brian

Old 09-14-2011, 01:19 AM

8,079 posts, read 6,834,891 times
Quote:
Jesus tells us plainly:

Blessings!
brian

Thank you for the uplifting and positive message, Brian.
It's a breath of fresh air.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:54 AM

76,829 posts, read 47,146,947 times
Quote:
Jesus tells us plainly:

Blessings!
brian
You are promoting a works based salvation, but your works can't cave you.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are promoting a works based salvation, but your works can't cave you.
Well, the way I read the Bible, it's pretty clear that if there aren't righteous works being manifested in one's life, heaven will be as far off as it is for the wicked.

Please note, however, that I didn't say that it is the works that save a person. It is not. But if there are no works, the faith alone is useless. (Brother James called it "dead" faith.)

Blessings,
brian

Old 09-14-2011, 08:15 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,105,641 times
Quote:
Well, the way I read the Bible, it's pretty clear that if there aren't righteous works being manifested in one's life, heaven will be as far off as it is for the wicked.

Please note, however, that I didn't say that it is the works that save a person. It is not. But if there are no works, the faith alone is useless. (Brother James called it "dead" faith.)

Blessings,
brian
Faith without works is dead, but works are not equal to faith.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Faith without works is dead, but works are not equal to faith.
No works, no Kingdom. -Jesus

Even those who do works but do not have faith, will be justified by their works, which testify to all that their heart is right with God. The works declare the heart.

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity