Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 04:49 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times

Advertisements

A Story of Outrageous Grace:
Part One:

Outrageous Grace - Grace Fabian - 1/2 - YouTube

Part Two:

Outrageous Grace - Grace Fabian - 2/2 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 11:36 AM

Forgive me this one thread "bump" - but was not one of the 36 who have looked at this thread deeply moved by this story? Perhaps no one had the time or interest to look at the short Youtube videos. In it a woman is confronted with how she will react to someone killing her husband on the mission field. The love, faith, and mercy she taps into through Christ is uncommon. I am astonished that threads that major on these themes go ignored while people argue about endtimes/anti-Christ/ and so many non-edifying topics.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:46 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,511 times
It seems most would prefer to debate the "end" of our physical and spiritual lives in lieu of discussing the manifestations of such while we are here.

Thanks for sharing!

Old 09-22-2011, 03:53 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Glad you bumped it... I don't have time now to watch the video (at work) but thanks for posting it.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:52 AM

987 posts, read 1,118,736 times
I don't have audio on videos so I can't really watch it. I can play real player, I get noises in games, but videos, nada. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 09-23-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
I don't have audio on videos so I can't really watch it. I can play real player, I get noises in games, but videos, nada. Anyone have any suggestions?
I don't know what to advise. I would not enjoy my computer if I could not have audio with videos. Maybe you can get it somehow.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:00 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
I know little to nothing about this kind of thing. The only thing I can tell you is that I have a little itty bitty computer and, although it has audio, I can barely hear anything on it and had given up even trying. I have a pair of old speakers that I just found today though, so now I can plug them into it and that boosts the sound. If you happen to have some speakers, maybe you could see if you can use them on yours?

It was nice to be able to watch the video, Heartsong. Thanks for posting.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:08 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Despite my nearly useless hearing I managed to hear most of the videos because they were women and women's higher tones are easier for me to hear/understand..

Anyway I was very moved by the faith, the love and most of all the forgiveness of this woman..What a wonderful role model..

Thanks so much for sharing that with us, Heartsong..I agree that it would be nice to have more edifying topics like that in this forum that bears the name of Christianity..

Old 09-23-2011, 07:19 PM

987 posts, read 1,118,736 times
I have speakers. The audio is on, the volume is up, as it is on the videos when I play them. My bf knows a little about computers but is stumped on this. For now anyway Thing is, I had dial up forever and buffering just takes too long for what it plays. Now I have high speed, for a time anyway, and I was enjoying watching videos on utube and other places. But all of a sudden, no sound. Sucks.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:26 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
I have speakers. The audio is on, the volume is up, as it is on the videos when I play them. My bf knows a little about computers but is stumped on this. For now anyway Thing is, I had dial up forever and buffering just takes too long for what it plays. Now I have high speed, for a time anyway, and I was enjoying watching videos on utube and other places. But all of a sudden, no sound. Sucks.
some computers depending on the OS and hardware can be stubborn when it comes to streaming video. the best option then is to download the video and play it from the computer using Windows Media Player, MPC Star or most any installable media player. the that seem to have best results are MPC star and quicktime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity