U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-24-2011, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Seward, Alaska
2,739 posts, read 7,659,231 times
Reputation: 1963

Advertisements


Watch close this is real - YouTube


Is it real? Is it phony? What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-24-2011, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,299 posts, read 20,972,532 times
Reputation: 10001
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post

Watch close this is real - YouTube


Is it real? Is it phony? What do you think?
I'm sorry, but I definitely missed something. What was I supposed to see happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2011, 07:33 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,724,847 times
Reputation: 263
This is just silly. Anyone could do that by moving their hip a little, but why would God answer a prayer to deform someone anyway? They should have prayed to heal his blue jeans/white socks/black dress shoes deformity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2011, 11:36 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,389,238 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
This is just silly. Anyone could do that by moving their hip a little, but why would God answer a prayer to deform someone anyway? They should have prayed to heal his blue jeans/white socks/black dress shoes deformity.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2011, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,043 posts, read 30,764,476 times
Reputation: 12223
Great demo for the simple minded, and hey, the guy could have at least worn some clean socks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 12:54 AM
 
Location: Seward, Alaska
2,739 posts, read 7,659,231 times
Reputation: 1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
This is just silly. Anyone could do that by moving their hip a little, but why would God answer a prayer to deform someone anyway? They should have prayed to heal his blue jeans/white socks/black dress shoes deformity.

What prayer? I don't recall the guy asking God to do anything at all, much less ask Him to "deform somebody". He simply commanded the leg(s), in Jesus' name, to move out (or in), and it apparently did. Theoretically, one could use that to heal someone who has one leg shorter than the other. (I have seen many)

Move their hip a little? So you think the guy setting in the chair was working in collusion with the preacher to make up a phony video? To what end? So when the guy in the chair said "yeah it's real", he was lying?

The point of the demonstration was to show (visually) the truth of Jesus' saying, that if you say to a mountain to "move and be cast aside", it will. (providing you have faith that it will. If you don't, then nothing will happen) The "mountain" can be any problem in your life...it's not literally a "mountain".

Matthew 17:20
"If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you".

I expected atheists to scoff and not believe, but am amazed that so few Christians today will believe all of Jesus' teachings.

Last edited by BudinAk; 09-26-2011 at 01:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 01:18 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,938 posts, read 9,697,901 times
Reputation: 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
The point of the demonstration was to show (visually) the truth of Jesus' saying, that if you say to a mountain to "move and be cast aside", it will. (providing you have faith that it will. If you don't, then nothing will happen) The "mountain" can be any problem in your life...it's not literally a "mountain".

Matthew 17:20
"If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you".
So, if you're a believer, why don't you go end the starvation in Africa? Should be easy enough huh? Just ask your Jesus to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 01:22 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,938 posts, read 9,697,901 times
Reputation: 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post

Is it real? Is it phony? What do you think?
What do I think?? I think it's unbelievable that there are people around that actually believe it! You can do it yourself. Just sit on a chair and push your right leg out. Also note at point 1:30 how the guys toe is bent back as he strains to stretch his leg. Wonder why these things are never done under controlled scientific/medical conditions? They are always done in someone's home or some Nigerian village. Odd don't you think?

Last edited by Rafius; 09-26-2011 at 01:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 01:33 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,938 posts, read 9,697,901 times
Reputation: 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I expected atheists to scoff and not believe, but am amazed that so few Christians today will believe all of Jesus' teachings.
Perhaps they have more intelligence than you give them credit for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 01:39 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,938 posts, read 9,697,901 times
Reputation: 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
So you think the guy setting in the chair was working in collusion with the preacher to make up a phony video?
Yes.

Quote:
So when the guy in the chair said "yeah it's real", he was lying?
Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top