U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:49 AM

2,739 posts, read 7,664,198 times

Advertisements

Fascinating testimony:

Miraculous Outcome After a Man is Struck by Lightning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 11:50 AM

6,249 posts, read 9,701,411 times
Visitations and unexplained healings are not unique to only those within the Christian faith. These things are part of a much larger universal truth that is still not accepted by our mainstream sciences. As an atheist, I too have experienced similar things in my life; yet I don't have the religious default setting in my brain, which is why I don't interpret my experiences with a religious slant.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:08 PM

6,824 posts, read 4,902,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
John 9:2-3

"2And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

3Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
"

I believe it. Praise Lord Jesus!

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

John 3

"17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."

John 5

"22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

Old 09-28-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Visitations and unexplained healings are not unique to only those within the Christian faith. These things are part of a much larger universal truth that is still not accepted by our mainstream sciences. As an atheist, I too have experienced similar things in my life; yet I don't have the religious default setting in my brain, which is why I don't interpret my experiences with a religious slant.
"Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe." John 4

"And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet. For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation." Luke 11:29-30

Old 09-28-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
"Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe." John 4

"And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet. For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation." Luke 11:29-30
The problem here is that none of my "visitors" introduced themselves as "Jesus" (or any other religious figure for that matter). From what I can see, the man (in the video) never said that the voice identified itself as "Jesus" either. It was the man's Christian up-bringing that led him to "believe" that it was an encounter with Christ. Remember, the voice only said "Get out of bed, you've been healed". If that had happened to a Hindu, they could have easily said "lord Krishna healed me". That's my point. Still though, a great story; one that science should take notice of.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
The problem here is that none of my "visitors" introduced themselves as "Jesus" (or any other religious figure for that matter). From what I can see, the man (in the video) never said that the voice identified itself as "Jesus" either. It was the man's Christian up-bringing that led him to "believe" that it was an encounter with Christ. Remember, the voice only said "Get out of bed, you've been healed". If that had happened to a Hindu, they could have easily said "lord Krishna healed me". That's my point. Still though, a great story; one that science should take notice of.
Assumption on your part? I think so. What are we brainwashing kids in school with? If you answered the evolution religion you've answered correct.

As testimony you're talking to someone that as of Dec 2010 became a born-again Bible believing Christian. I spent over a decade as a humanist agnostic.

There are plenty of stories like this if you look past your conditioning that all must believe what they were indoctrinated into. If that was true I'd believe in evolution.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:09 PM

13,938 posts, read 9,711,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post

Another video that's about as convincing as the 'dead' baby and 'growing leg' videos.

btw Bud. You didn't answer when I asked you if you also accepted the voodoo video as being true.

How about this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1h-Q...eature=related

Last edited by Rafius; 09-28-2011 at 01:22 PM..

Old 09-28-2011, 01:12 PM

13,938 posts, read 9,711,947 times
Quote:
If that had happened to a Hindu, they could have easily said "lord Krishna healed me". That's my point.
Exactly!

Old 09-28-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Assumption on your part? I think so. What are we brainwashing kids in school with? If you answered the evolution religion you've answered correct.

As testimony you're talking to someone that as of Dec 2010 became a born-again Bible believing Christian. I spent over a decade as a humanist agnostic.

There are plenty of stories like this if you look past your conditioning that all must believe what they were indoctrinated into. If that was true I'd believe in evolution.
I am more interested in truth rather than belief. However, I do "believe" this man's story (especially the part when he pretty much admits that the voice never identified itself as Christ). That is where the man's credibility goes way up IMO. Take it from someone that has had visitors. They usually don't identify themselves; their identity is left up to the visited subject to figure out.

That said, I am open to the fact that this man actually did have a visit. The question for me is "a visit from who". I say this because these stories are not limited to Christianity by no means.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:20 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,734,359 times
The title of this thread alone is amusing. It's like saying, "Mike Tyson patches up gash he inflicted on opponent's jaw."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or