Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2011, 02:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA2310 View Post
Understood. But it is God's purpose that His Word would stand. I have every reason to believe that we are on solid ground with the Bible.

Please keep in mind, there is often an appeal by UR believers to validate their position from Scripture.
JAA .......If all scripture was proved to be erroneous "i would still believe he's the Savior of all men".It's that much of a reality to me, Just like Job hollowed "i know my redeemer lives", from his innermost being, because all said and done, no man taught him that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 02:37 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I disagree JAA2310, the spirit of truth is more than able to teach us. Let's take these 2 scriptures for example....Tell me whether these 2 scriptures were true scriptures were reality before they were written in letter form. Are you saying the believer was not aware of this before it was written in your bible ?.

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.
The Spirit and the written Word agree. The Spirit uses Scripture and other truthfull things to teach: MT 13:51 Jesus said unto them, Have you understood all these things? They said unto him, Yes, Lord.
MT 13:52 Then said He unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which brings forth out of his treasure things new and old.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:41 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
The Spirit and the written Word agree. The Spirit uses Scripture and other truthfull things to teach: MT 13:51 Jesus said unto them, Have you understood all these things? They said unto him, Yes, Lord.
MT 13:52 Then said He unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which brings forth out of his treasure things new and old.
I agree the Spirit and the scriptures agree.

my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer. Psalm 45:1

Old 10-01-2011, 02:48 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWitnesses View Post
Dude, you are so wrong on so many counts it isn't even funny. You have shown that you are the one who is ignorant.

Isaiah 1:11 "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats"

So you are completely wrong...Isaiah did counter the concept of animal sacrifices.

[SIZE=3] 
Bro...you didn't clear anything up. You make assumptions and that is all. The truth is, you back engineer the statement from Jesus based on what you think it supposedly means...and that's all you're doing, and anyone with half a brain can see it. You're just wasting my time.

The explanation about what Jesus said is that the scripture in John 3:13 means something very different than what you think. And the true interpretation of it explains a LOT OF OTHER THINGS HE SAID, but it seems you want to remain completely ignorant.

But like I said...i could show you proof of things, and you will just go on with your insults and other weird indoctrinated behavior.

I'm starting a new job Monday so I won't be online too much. Have a good one man...it's been fun. This will be my last day of posting to you.
[/SIZE]
To the contrary. I am aware that many commentators also take the verse to mean that no one has ever gone into heaven and then come back earth able to reveal divine matters. But no one had access to heaven until the humanity of Jesus, our great high priest died, resurrected, ascended, and was seated at the right hand of the Father.

And no, I don't make assumptions. You can easily research the matter of the animal sacrifices and their significance.

You have said that Jesus sinned. You have said that Jesus was, I think the word you used was Bi-polar. You have accused Paul of being a false prophet. You have implied that the Bible is not reliable. In so doing you have discredited yourself.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:05 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,664 times
Doubt is an enemy to faith because it speaks with a voice that challenges the truth or the reliability of what we should be believing. To overcome doubt we must fill ourselves with the Word of God, meditating deeply and repetitively on it. Doubt is the evidence of an unconsecrated heart and mind. It is the evidence of lack of devotion to God's Word. Doubt, like fear, torments. We must forgive others and give our whole hearts to God. We must stop listening to the voice of demons or the voice of our own carnal mind trained from early days to resist God. This is a decision. It helps to hear the testimonies of others to overcome doubt. However, doubt will never be fully overcome until we treat the Bible as God's voice TO US.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:12 PM

537 posts, read 456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I disagree JAA2310, the spirit of truth is more than able to teach us. Let's take these 2 scriptures for example....Tell me whether these 2 scriptures were true scriptures were reality before they were written in letter form. Are you saying the believer was not aware of this before it was written in your bible ?.

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.
I agree that truth is truth. I also believe it is highly significant that these points you are referring to are in the Bible (for which reason, alone, I believe them to be truth).

I wouldn't know how a believer would come to know these things, or anything else concerning God and the Gospel, if they hadn't been shown him from the Scriptures.

Back in the book of Acts we read how the Bereans would test what they had been taught by whether or not those things were in accord with the Scriptures. I believe this is significant.

Now, even in light of 1 John 2:27, we do have places elsewhere in the Bible that speak about teachers. Notice in Ephesians 4:11-13:

11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

It's just that as we search the Scriptures we may find something else to add to a particular study that may help us in our understanding of the thing being considered.

A friend of mine once taught, "1 John 2:27 has a specific application concerning the true believer knowing the difference between false and true while the gift of teaching helps believers mature in the faith. Two different applications yet they are inextricably tied together".

Old 10-01-2011, 03:24 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Dude, you are so wrong on so many counts it isn't even funny. You have shown that you are the one who is ignorant.

Isaiah 1:11 "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats"

So you are completely wrong...Isaiah did counter the concept of animal sacrifices.

[SIZE=3] 
Bro...you didn't clear anything up. You make assumptions and that is all. The truth is, you back engineer the statement from Jesus based on what you think it supposedly means...and that's all you're doing, and anyone with half a brain can see it. You're just wasting my time.

The explanation about what Jesus said is that the scripture in John 3:13 means something very different than what you think. And the true interpretation of it explains a LOT OF OTHER THINGS HE SAID, but it seems you want to remain completely ignorant.

But like I said...i could show you proof of things, and you will just go on with your insults and other weird indoctrinated behavior.

I'm starting a new job Monday so I won't be online too much. Have a good one man...it's been fun. This will be my last day of posting to you.
[/SIZE]
Since you saw fit to send me a direct message concerning this post, I will repeat here what I said in my reply to the DM.

You can easily research the significance of the animal sacrifices which Israel was commanded to perform.

Paraphrased from 'The Bible Knowledge Commentary, Old Testament, An Exposition of the Scriptures by the Dallas Seminary Faculty,' regarding Isaiah 1:11.

There are those who say that God did not establish the sacrificial system. This is a misunderstanding of Isaiah 1:11. What Isaiah was saying was that the Jews thought that by simply offering sacrifices at the altar they would be ceremonally clean before God. But when the one offering sacrifices is otherwise disobedient to God, his sacrifices are meaningless to God. Observing sacrifices, festivals, feasts and prayer with a sinful heart are meaningless to God.

End Paraphrase.

The sacrifical system which Israel was mandated to observe was a picture or type of the work that Jesus would perform on the cross. The sacrifices were a teaching aide which graphically taught the Jews the doctrines of propitation, redemption, atonement and other doctrines. When Christ went to the cross, the animal sacrifices were to stop. Until then, they were to be observed by Israel.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:40 PM

817 posts, read 739,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Since you saw fit to send me a direct message concerning this post, I will repeat here what I said in my reply to the DM.

You can easily research the significance of the animal sacrifices which Israel was commanded to perform.

Paraphrased from 'The Bible Knowledge Commentary, Old Testament, An Exposition of the Scriptures by the Dallas Seminary Faculty,' regarding Isaiah 1:11.

There are those who say that God did not establish the sacrificial system. This is a misunderstanding of Isaiah 1:11. What Isaiah was saying was that the Jews thought that by simply offering sacrifices at the altar they would be ceremonally clean before God. But when the one offering sacrifices is otherwise disobedient to God, his sacrifices are meaningless to God. Observing sacrifices, festivals, feasts and prayer with a sinful heart are meaningless to God.

End Paraphrase.

The sacrifical system which Israel was mandated to observe was a picture or type of the work that Jesus would perform on the cross. The sacrifices were a teaching aide which graphically taught the Jews the doctrines of propitation, redemption, atonement and other doctrines. When Christ went to the cross, the animal sacrifices were to stop. Until then, they were to be observed by Israel.
Isaiah 1:11 means exactly what it says.

When you study the history you see that the animal sacrifice tradition was from the influence of the Egyptians during the exile there. Jesus showed the TRUE way and tried once again to abolish it. Melchisidek never sacrificed animals. None of the true priests did that. Animal sacrifice came from the Aaronite preisthood, which was fallen and in error. Isaiah wrote his book to give the Israelites hope...and to explain to them why God was punishing them. He was saying that their ways were fallen...and it was no way to please God.

I would never worship a God that would want us to kill animals to make up for our own sin. Evil devil worshippers and pagans do that.

Have fun buddy...I gotta run! Peace!

Old 10-01-2011, 03:42 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,592 times
Quote:
Actually...where it's at is that you are defending indoctrinations that have been given to you...and nothing more.

How is it that I MYSELF HAVE POWER OVER ALL EVIL SPIRITS? I think it is by the power of God. For anyone in possession of the Holy Spirit will have this power...something you yourself have yet to learn. Why include a story like that in Acts..if not to inspire fear? Does it banish fear? No it does not.

LUKE 10: 17-20

"And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

18And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
19Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Christ says all those whose names are written in heaven will have power to cast out evil spirits. I guess you weren't familiar with this passage, and had yet to learn it. It's okay...I forgive you.

Paul contradicting what Christ said...if he in fact did...does not impress me.Those who are filled with the Holy Spirit do not just possess one gift. That is not the way it works. Many people throughout history have had combinations of many, if not all of these gifts at the same time....
Anyone who has Christ, has power over all the power of the enemy for his/her personal salvation but that does not mean everyone has the gift to go into the ministry, discern the enemy in an another and then to cast it out. He gave them power to cast out devils because they were called to that ministry but not every one is called to that ministry. That Scripture is only referring to those who are called to it. Not everyone has that gift.

You need not look down at me to forgive me of anything. I am learned in all that you said that I am not, and I do have a proper understanding of all that I said. I do have the gift of discernment and I am not a novice to the other gifts also and I did not get my understanding from man, but from the Spirit. I never said that a believer has only one gift. I only quoted the Scripture regarding the gifts. You interpreted as you wanted to. Certainly, God can and often gives more than one gift to some.

Perhaps you could write your own letter that will superseed Pauls, so that we might know the Truth finally after these two thousand. I mean, after all it appears that God has short changed us all until you came along. But from what you have written so far, it appears, it is a gift you will never get.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:53 PM

817 posts, read 739,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary. I am aware that many commentators also take the verse to mean that no one has ever gone into heaven and then come back earth able to reveal divine matters. But no one had access to heaven until the humanity of Jesus, our great high priest died, resurrected, ascended, and was seated at the right hand of the Father.

And no, I don't make assumptions. You can easily research the matter of the animal sacrifices and their significance.

You have said that Jesus sinned. You have said that Jesus was, I think the word you used was Bi-polar. You have accused Paul of being a false prophet. You have implied that the Bible is not reliable. In so doing you have discredited yourself.
I did not get my information from other Bible commentators on that matter. That is the kind of information only you rely on apparently.

You can also easily research the Aaronite Priesthood's fallenness with respect to animal sacrifices, but I bet you won't.

And you can easily find many different interpretations of things...but only one truth that really makes sense when it's all fit together.

I said that Jesus sinned momentarily if he really knew that his death would pay for the sins of the world and then prayed against it...knowing that it truly was his father's will for him to die. But I am one of those (and there are many) who know that his death did not actually pay for our sins. If Jesus had really known this...and then prayed against it..then, yeah, that would be a sin against his mission here. Saying "your will be done" doesn't cut it...because IF HE KNEW WHAT GOD'S WILL WAS, it wouldn't make sense to pray this.

I said that the scriptures seem to reflect bi-polar attitudes...not that Jesus had a bi-polar psychological condition. There are many others that I will not bring up here...

Why don't you look into the last 12 lines of Mark...that are not in the earliest manuscripts? I bet you are afraid to really research the other side of it.

OH...and you didn't challenge my claim that Christianity is terribly divided...and that's because it's true. The devil's hands are all over it..and what I and many others know..is that the Gospels had to finally be written (instead of just existing as a verbal tradition) to counteract the bad theology that Paul was spreading.

I don't care if I discredit myself, by the way. I have achieved a state of spiritual bliss by following what Jesus taught, and having a close relationship with God the Father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity