Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:59 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Rotten apples fuel the soil for the next crop. Everything serves a purpose. A human eating the apple would eventually serve the same purpose, if you know what I mean in terms of digestion.

It's the circle of life. Rotten things, even humans, serve a purpose. God loves each one as an individual; something us humans are terrible at.
That's a good point, kat. The rottening apples also serve a purpose for the worm, another part of God's creation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I understood it!
Oh, good! I wondered since there was no response.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:11 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
That's a good point, kat. The rottening apples also serve a purpose for the worm, another part of God's creation.
Yes and the worm aerates the soil. I started a thread about rotten apples.
Thanks Hawkins!!!

Old 10-04-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Yes and the worm aerates the soil. I started a thread about rotten apples.
Thanks Hawkins!!!
And the green grass grows all around, all around, and the green grass grows all around! I might be dating myself with that little tune!

Old 10-04-2011, 10:52 AM

2,594 posts, read 4,655,643 times
Default boredatwork

To the OP your question is a slap in the face of GOD. "he who has seen the son, has seen the father." Jesus personality represented the attitude of GOD the father of all. He said "I love you" because thats God the father's Love he was representing...UNCONDITIONAL, even in the face of certain death. Nobody I will ever know can tell there worst enemies I love you in the face of certain death. He didnt FEAR anything. Especially since he told you they were going to kill him. Did he run? no....Jesus was a GOD in the flesh not a mere man born to a virgin. He was a son of God before Jesus, and now the son of God and son of Man after; something even greater. How long does God love people is a very human question.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:16 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,511 times
How long does God continue to Love HIS People? Into all eternity.

In John 17 Jesus prays to God for Himself, His Disciples and Believers [His People]

In Matthew 7:23 we see what Jesus says to Unbelievers.

He tells the Unbelievers that he never knew them...

Old 10-04-2011, 03:00 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
To the OP your question is a slap in the face of GOD.

Gee, I hope God is alright.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
To the OP your question is a slap in the face of GOD. "he who has seen the son, has seen the father." Jesus personality represented the attitude of GOD the father of all. He said "I love you" because thats God the father's Love he was representing...UNCONDITIONAL, even in the face of certain death. Nobody I will ever know can tell there worst enemies I love you in the face of certain death. He didnt FEAR anything. Especially since he told you they were going to kill him. Did he run? no....Jesus was a GOD in the flesh not a mere man born to a virgin. He was a son of God before Jesus, and now the son of God and son of Man after; something even greater. How long does God love people is a very human question.
How can a question to people asking them what they think, be a slap in the face of God?

A real slap in the face of God would be someone saying He only loves some people forever and stops loving others. Another real slap in the face of God would be for people to say that He continues to love everyone forever, yet He lets some of those he "loves" be thrown into fire forever. That was my point.

If people believe in a literal hell, they have to choose between the two ways mentioned above that they wish to slap God in the face.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:27 AM

Default boredatwork

Quote:
How can a question to people asking them what they think, be a slap in the face of God?

A real slap in the face of God would be someone saying He only loves some people forever and stops loving others. Another real slap in the face of God would be for people to say that He continues to love everyone forever, yet He lets some of those he "loves" be thrown into fire forever. That was my point.

If people believe in a literal hell, they have to choose between the two ways mentioned above that they wish to slap God in the face.
No you need to change you name if thats what you think. God is perfect, how does perfection do the imperfect such as love a few and not others. God cant control a persons free will mind. Thats machine like existence. If you have free-will then you have as much freedom to sin and do evil but it will be at YOUR expense. Its like students starting off with all A's but if you dont do your work you may end up with all F's. Thats nobody's fault but your own. If you DON'T choose the Love of God he wont throw you into damnation of a burning hell. You will no longer have a surviving purpose in the universe and cease to exist mentally, spiritually, and physically. If you didnt choose God then you WISH you had the option of going to hell but you dont. You'll go to extinction and be but a memory of others.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:30 AM

Default boredatwork

Quote:
And the green grass grows all around, all around, and the green grass grows all around! I might be dating myself with that little tune!

Right and thats why Lucifer fell because he was too in love with himself. He didnt need god either so now he is powerless and hopes he may find power in feeble minded ppl who are the same
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity