U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 12:03 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,585,178 times

Advertisements

"In 1974 Dr. Gabriel Nahas of Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, A Pioneer in Marijuana research, discovered that THC exposure diminished the capacity of individual cells to orchestrate life according to the genetic plan built into cellular modules."

That simply means that Marijuana alters your DNA! From a Christian perspective it also means - Marijuana prevents you from becoming who God made you to be. This was proven in 1974. Just think about how much more potent Marijuana is now.

Why am I posting this? lol. I use to be Pro-Marijuana for years and accually believed God was ok with it since it was a peacemaker. Then when I gave my life to God, after I fell back into Marijuana, which would cause a landslide in my life, He showed me this.

So should you sign that petition to legalize it?

Anyway just wanted to share this, for the believer who's for it like I was, and is wondering why they keep having problems in their life, why they can't remember things and God has to keep teaching them over and over.

May Yahua's blessings be upon you. I bless you in the name of Yahushua.

So Be It.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 12:09 PM

58,463 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
"In 1974 Dr. Gabriel Nahas of Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, A Pioneer in Marijuana research, discovered that THC exposure diminished the capacity of individual cells to orchestrate life according to the genetic plan built into cellular modules."

That simply means that Marijuana alters your DNA! From a Christian perspective it also means - Marijuana prevents you from becoming who God made you to be. This was proven in 1974. Just think about how much more potent Marijuana is now.

Why am I posting this? lol. I use to be Pro-Marijuana for years and accually believed God was ok with it since it was a peacemaker. Then when I gave my life to God, after I fell back into Marijuana, which would cause a landslide in my life, He showed me this.

Anyway just wanted to share this, for the believer who's for it like I was, and is wondering why they keep having problems in their life, why they can't remember things and God has to keep teaching them over and over.

So Be It.
I don't think Christians should support the legalization of any mind altering substance. Be drunk with the holy spirit, not with booze or drugs.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:12 PM

817 posts, read 573,482 times
Quote:

So Be It.
Great post Ducky! Thanks for sharing this. This is very interesting.

I haven't smoked now in 2 1/2 months and I can tell you that I feel much more spiritually alive than I did. I had problems in my life too..and a lot of it had to do with not caring how broke I was. I was never lazy, just less motivated. I'm not more materialistic now...just more responsible.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:27 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,585,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWitnesses View Post
Great post Ducky! Thanks for sharing this. This is very interesting.

I haven't smoked now in 2 1/2 months and I can tell you that I feel much more spiritually alive than I did. I had problems in my life too..and a lot of it had to do with not caring how broke I was. I was never lazy, just less motivated. I'm not more materialistic now...just more responsible.
Praise Yah. Glad to hear that. Yeah, I'm sure there are many believers who struggle with the idea of it being right or wrong.

My problem was I would buckle under persecution, family trouble, or whatever problems would come and instead of pressing in with prayer, I would relapse and smoke Marijuana. And then there were times I'd do it just to do it, because I thought it was ok (other than it being illegal). This would cause so much problems, and sin allways takes us alot farther than we planned on going. As I look back on my journal, which is a record of my search for Elohim, I notice that every single time I smoked it, next thing you know I wouldn't have a journal entry for months. I finally realized that when trouble comes, it's an opportunity for joy accually, and this is when we have the opportunity to show Elohim how much we really love Him. How mercifull He is though. To be teaching someone the same lesson over and over and over again!

Old 09-30-2011, 03:30 PM

1,092 posts, read 916,924 times
Default No, not quite

Quote:
Praise Yah. Glad to hear that. Yeah, I'm sure there are many believers who struggle with the idea of it being right or wrong.

My problem was I would buckle under persecution, family trouble, or whatever problems would come and instead of pressing in with prayer, I would relapse and smoke Marijuana. And then there were times I'd do it just to do it, because I thought it was ok (other than it being illegal). This would cause so much problems, and sin allways takes us alot farther than we planned on going. As I look back on my journal, which is a record of my search for Elohim, I notice that every single time I smoked it, next thing you know I wouldn't have a journal entry for months. I finally realized that when trouble comes, it's an opportunity for joy accually, and this is when we have the opportunity to show Elohim how much we really love Him. How mercifull He is though. To be teaching someone the same lesson over and over and over again!
No, I don't think that was your problem. Your real problem was in thinking that at the first sign of major stress that you should change your normal activities and heavily self medicate with marijuana, rather than dealing with and facing your problems head on. This is the action of an addictive personality, the same as a drunk, or someone who can not stop doing some destructive behavior. You could have done the same destructive escapism with video games. It's not the substance you choose (if they are non physically addicting) it's the behavior that must change. It's not the marijuana, it's you.

The key to overcoming non physical addiction is to take personal responsibility, which you are now doing, and to not let your life revolve around a substance (like marijuana, which is not itself addictive) or activity (like gambling). If you understand this you will be able to someday maybe drink, gamble, or smoke (IN MODERATION) and not have the experiance you formerly had. If you don't understand this you are likely to relapse. Prayer may help, it may even greatly help, but it's not the whole answer, the other part is your commitment to change your thinking, and especially your behavior.

There is a more recent study than the one you cited with similar conclusions, but these studies are flawed and may not represent real world results. The more recent study was based on lab results and one compound in marijuana smoke that is also present in tobacco smoke.

Keep in mind that you can not do serious marijuana research in the USA without the express approval of the DEA. The DEA doesn't look too kindly, and will not approve or fund, studies that may show results that differ from the official US Government position that marijuana is a dangerous drug with no medical use (despite much evidence to the contrary, including attacking cancer cells and leaving the surrounding tissue untouched) and that it (according to the federal government) has a high probability of abuse.

The so called more potent marijuana that the DEA tries to scare people about is no big deal on two levels. 1) Growers have been able to manipulate the potency of marijuana for a very long time from zero THC (in hemp) to over 12% and higher (in medical marijuana and for recreational use), so it is not a new threat. However, more potency means that you would use less to get to the same place.

Think of alcohol. Beer has between 3 and 10% alcohol generally. Vodka is typically 80 proof or 40% alcohol. As a result you have to drink a lot less vodka to get to the same drunk that beer will give you. So, if something is more potent, you tend to use less. Less use means less side effects from combustion/smoke etc.

If marijuana that was smoked (and you don't have to go that way) caused cancer, than you would have seen an increase with more marijuana use and a decrease when use declined, but you don't see that statistically.

Same with mental disease, which in the USA has remained relatively stable since the 1950's. Some government sponsored research has SUGGESTED a link between mental illness and marijuana use. So the DEA and anti marijuana groups have grabbed this idea and said it CAUSES mental illness.

But the researchers themselves did not say that. They merely said they saw a statistical link, but they could not be sure which came first, and other studies have shown that marijuana, or rather some of the compounds in it, may actually assist in treating mental illness. Either way, minors should not have unrestricted access, like they have now. We need regulation not prohibition, which does not work.

The major point here is that in this country the effects of marijuana have been so politicized, and the lack of unbiased research is so limited that it is very hard to find any real facts. Nevertheless, over 20,000 studies have been done on marijuana, and it has been used for thousands of years as a medicine.

You should vote from legalization if for no other reason then that your government should not be telling you what you can or can not put in YOUR body, not to mention the hippocracy in a government that has made alcohol and nicotine legal, despite solid double blind human trials (the only kind the FDA will accept for new drug use) that show these substances are lethal, and the statistical evidence that shows they kill more citizens than all the illegal drugs combined.

Marijuana is of course non toxic.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:32 PM

12,425 posts, read 14,553,508 times
Marijuanas not the only thing that alters or changes your dna.....vaccinesalterdna.....

Old 09-30-2011, 07:40 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,720,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't think Christians should support the legalization of any mind altering substance. Be drunk with the holy spirit, not with booze or drugs.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:02 PM

2,705 posts, read 2,505,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Be thou sober in all things.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:13 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,384,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Marijuanas not the only thing that alters or changes your dna.....vaccinesalterdna.....
The food you eat also alters your DNA... You are what you ingest.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:20 AM

2,705 posts, read 2,505,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The food you eat also alters your DNA... You are what you ingest.
How is DNA affected by food?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or