Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 04:21 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Exodus 6:1-3
1Then the Lord said to Moses, “Now you will see what I will do to Pharaoh: Because of my mighty hand he will let them go; because of my mighty hand he will drive them out of his country.”
2God also said to Moses, “I am the Lord. 3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty,a but by my name the Lord I did not make myself known to them.c
Glory be!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 10:28 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Because it FITs so wonderfully
And what does Elohim mean?...

Old 10-30-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And what does Elohim mean?...
Odd! You truly do not know? I assumed you did.

Elohim: The plural form of 'EL', meaning strong one. The first name for G-d given in the Bible [Gen 1:1].

The name Elohim is unique to Hebrew idioms. The masculine plural ending does not mean 'gods' when referring to the true G-d, since the name is used with singular verb forms, and with adjectives and pronouns that are all in the singular, it means plural of majesty. 'Elohim' is a plural word, but is always understood as singular because G-d is one (Deuteronomy 6:4).

Old 10-30-2011, 11:29 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Odd! You truly do not know? I assumed you did.

Elohim: The plural form of 'EL', meaning strong one. The first name for G-d given in the Bible [Gen 1:1].

The name Elohim is unique to Hebrew idioms. The masculine plural ending does not mean 'gods' when referring to the true G-d, since the name is used with singular verb forms, and with adjectives and pronouns that are all in the singular, it means plural of majesty. 'Elohim' is a plural word, but is always understood as singular because G-d is one (Deuteronomy 6:4).
Just checking....

Old 10-30-2011, 01:55 PM

698 posts, read 647,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Exodus 6:1-3
1Then the Lord said to Moses, “Now you will see what I will do to Pharaoh: Because of my mighty hand he will let them go; because of my mighty hand he will drive them out of his country.”
2God also said to Moses, “I am the Lord. 3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty,a but by my name the Lord I did not make myself known to them.c
Jesus didn't pre-exist as a person before his birth. So Exodus 6:1-3 is not him speaking. Actually it was an ‘angel' speaking.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Are you claiming that Jesus Christ did not create the universe and that He holds the universe together?
Yes
Quote:
Are you claiming that a human being created the universe and holds the universe together?
No. I believe 'god' the Father created the universe through his 'angels'.
Quote:
Are you claiming that someone other than God could create the universe and hold the universe together?
The creation of the universe without 'god' the Father is impossible.

Quote:
God the Father, God the Son -Jesus Christ (the Son of God), and God the Holy Spirit are/is the only God.
I disagree.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kids in america_ View Post
Jesus didn't pre-exist as a person before his birth. So Exodus 6:1-3 is not him speaking. Actually it was an ‘angel' speaking.
It is explained in Exodus 3 how most of the times when Moses spoke with G-d it was an angel that he spoke to.

Quote:
Exodus 3:2 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
It is explained in Exodus 3 how most of the times when Moses spoke with G-d it was an angel that he spoke to.
Yes I agree… Just to piggy-back on what you said, that ‘angel’ at least three times in the chapter said that he was the 'god' of the patriarchs. Also notice too how he also calls himself the "God of the Hebrews"- i. e. the God of Israel.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kids in america_ View Post
Yes I agree… Just to piggy-back on what you said, that ‘angel’ at least three times in the chapter said that he was the 'god' of the patriarchs. Also notice too how he also calls himself the "God of the Hebrews"- i. e. the God of Israel.
Yes.

In our church, we recognize this to be 'prophecy'.

Prophecy: A spirit being [human or angel] giving forth a message from or for God, in a commonly spoken language. It could be first-person singular ["I your God and Father love you"], or second-person ["know that God loves you"].

Old 11-13-2011, 12:55 PM

124 posts, read 166,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, I believe Jeshua WAS and IS Hawyaw...And the JWs do not believe as you stated...They believe He was a created being, They believe He was the Arch-Angel Michael...Get your facts straight before you speak...It will make you sound less foolish....
Richard,

I said "Jehovah's Witnesses believe more like you. They believe that the Messiah pre-existed his birth as an actual being as you do. They also believe that he was a "god" as you do. They also refer to themselves as "Christians" as you do."

I did not say that the Jehovah's Witnesses believe entirely as you do, but "more like you". You are wrong! Jehovah's Witnesses believe just as I have stated! You believe the Messiah pre-existed his birth as an actual being, right? You believe that he was "God", right? You also refer to yourself as a "Christian", right? So, if I am right concerning theses things in comparison to what Jehovah's Witnesses believe to what it is that you believe, how am I not getting my facts straight, and how is it that I am sounding foolish?

Just to make it clear as to what it is that I believe, I do not believe any of the foolish beliefs that you and the Jehovah's Witnesses hold to. I do not believe "Jesus IS God!" and that the Messiah, FATHER Yahweh's SON pre-existed his birth as an actual being. There also is no "Deity of Jesus Christ" doctrine taught or given explanation to anywhere in Scripture.

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

"Jesus IS God!"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity