Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:03 PM

740 posts, read 2,013,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Put the pool up in her yard at night when she's sleeping and call the county on her in the morning!!!

No, only kidding. It seems to me that people are typically like this when they are jealous. When someone is jealous of something or someone, they love to find faults with those they are envious of. I wouldn't pay her any attention. If you're going to put the fence up before the pool than no biggie, just ignore her. If you plan on putting the pool up before the fence than I don't know what to say. You know what the local rules are, if you choose to break them than be prepared to deal with the consequences whether she turns you in or someone else finds out.

Oh... GCS... you are hilarious! I never would have thought of that... and after you get it up... then report her for it! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 08:25 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,615,836 times
I think your feelings are hurt, because of her rude behavior. I think she is behaving rudely, because she is jealous of you. Some people really get bent out of shape because they like to have better than the neighbor and then when they don't they start picking. Is your pool bigger than her pool? I think the best rule is to just ignore her and say, "There but for the grace of God go I." I wouldn't do her any more favors though. She does not appreciate your good deeds.

Read through the book of Proverbs. There is one chapter per day of the month. One of the verses says (paraphrased) keep your nose out of your neighbors business, lest he should hate you for it. Remember, "Love doesn't even notice when someone does it wrong." This lady sounds like she needs a lot of love. If she is jealous though, the more you do for her the less she will like it. Whether she goes by the rules is not your responsibility. She is responsible for her own household or whether or not her home is safe.

Last edited by NCN; 08-23-2007 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: I wrote this before I read that you had it solved. We pretty much came to the same conclusion.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:19 PM

358 posts, read 916,313 times
I must ask: what does your situation have to do with religion?

Old 08-23-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovejazz View Post
I must ask: what does your situation have to do with religion?
I would say she wanted Christian advice because she wanted to react in a Christian manor.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
I would say she wanted Christian advice because she wanted to react in a Christian manor.
How would that be different from the manner of, for instance, a Jew?

Old 08-23-2007, 10:18 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,431,617 times
theres an old saying,"good fences make good neighbors".put up the fence and ignore the neighbor.if you cant handle pesky neighbors i suggest you move out to the country on a few acres and then you wont have neighbors within earshot every time you walk outside.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:41 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,787,842 times
Have as little contact with her as possible.
You're overreacting to the entire situation. Ignore her and her threats.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovejazz View Post
How would that be different from the manner of, for instance, a Jew?
Our biblical perspectives would be different. Wouldn't they?

Old 08-24-2007, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
Our biblical perspectives would be different. Wouldn't they?
Yes, but asking for an "x" religious perspective about a non-religious situation implies that other perspectives are somehow less than moral.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:38 AM

193 posts, read 1,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
Sounds to me like you're both a little to anal.
Why? How would you think that I am being to anal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity