Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 03:57 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomtkirk View Post
it happened to me for about 6 years. those were bad years.

I know that God's mercy is great and forgiveness is offered, But is that to say that someone who does not get back on the right path again is still saved?

being severed from christ?

Now, before we go any farther, i'm not saying that someone not on the path is going to hell OR heaven... that's up to God, of course. I am not in the place of God.

but if they never right their path, if they go back to the Law for justification, clearly a futile effort. if they reject Christ and are severed from Christ and have fallen from grace...

how certain of eternal salvation could they be?

Not really looking for an exact answer here, just trying to understand OSAS, if in fact you believe in that to the degree i understand it to be.
It is not a good example of osas, but it is a good example where the bible cleary teaches that righteousness of works and justification by faith cannot coexist. If you work out of fear, then you reject the grace of Christ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 07:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
One is either a child of God by believing in Him, or a child of the devil by NOT believing in Him.

A simple to understand Bible Truth.
Therefore, you believe "in" separation, which only exists "in" the human mind?

Old 10-24-2011, 09:15 PM

531 posts, read 479,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not a good example of osas, but it is a good example where the bible cleary teaches that righteousness of works and justification by faith cannot coexist. If you work out of fear, then you reject the grace of Christ
1 Peter 1:17...

Reverence. He is the God of all creation

Old 10-25-2011, 06:28 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,262,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
How could Cain not believe ... he hated his brother.

There are many examples of where physical experiences by humans with God did not automatically equal belief:
  • Many of the Jews didn't believe despite passing through the Red Sea
  • many people didn't believe in Jesus when he did the miracles and walked the earth
  • many people read the Bible and not still not believe
If you are going to compare Cain's lack of faith to the demon's then what does Jesus say about the devil?
"He was a murderer from the beginning not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
Then Cain too did not hold to the truth from the beginning.... and like his father's faith, Cain was a murderer.
You are unwilling to see that a person can have a faith that is not genuine. Someone can believe but disobey. This is what the demons had. James calls it dead faith. It's a faith that doesn't obey or doesn't work.

There are two kinds of faith spoken about in the Bible. One is dead, without works. The other is the one that pleases God, the one that obeys and works. Do you deny this?

Katie

Old 10-25-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Sigh..... This is when it becomes a waste of time
Good answer when you don't have one.

I asked for an example of ONE PERSON who was saved by faith alone from anywhere in the Bible. You have not provided one. You have proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that your faith alone doctrine is false. You refuse to see the truth when it is staring you in the face. You cannot find an example because there isn't one. If you can't be honest with others, at least be honest with yourself.

*SIGH*

Katie

Old 10-25-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Good answer when you don't have one.

I asked for an example of ONE PERSON who was saved by faith alone from anywhere in the Bible. You have not provided one. You have proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that your faith alone doctrine is false. You refuse to see the truth when it is staring you in the face. You cannot find an example because there isn't one. If you can't be honest with others, at least be honest with yourself.
No, it is a waste of time when everyone has to keep repeating the same over and over. No matter how many verses are provided to you, you will always go back to claiming that nothing has been proven. It has been proven so to continue with the repetition is a waste of time. EVERYONE in the Bible was saved by faith alone. NO ONE has ever been saved by works and rituals.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:42 AM

531 posts, read 479,626 times
Quote:
EVERYONE in the Bible was saved by faith alone. NO ONE has ever been saved by works and rituals.

Is that to say that all one need to do is truly believe in God and he/she is saved?

What all is involved in faith. is it just belief? I know that faith comes from hearing and hearing by the word of God... But are you saying that once you hear the word of God and believe, that you are saved at that moment?

Old 10-25-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomtkirk View Post
Is that to say that all one need to do is truly believe in God and he/she is saved?

What all is involved in faith. is it just belief? I know that faith comes from hearing and hearing by the word of God... But are you saying that once you hear the word of God and believe, that you are saved at that moment?
That's right. If you were ran over by a truck and killed the next second, you'd still be saved, although you never had a chance to work your way through a list of required works and rituals.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:55 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,089 times
I wonder how Abijah, the boy of Jeroboam in 1 Kings 14 found favor with God, by allowing him to be the only one buried out of the house of Jeroboam. I doubt it was by any sort of outward works the boy had performed. The boy either found favor purely through God's grace or the boy had the child-faith Jesus tells us we need to have in order enter His Kingdom. The Bible doesn't specify.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
One is either a child of God by believing in Him, or a child of the devil by NOT believing in Him.

A simple to understand Bible Truth.
Saved I think even you would a agree that millions believe in Him but are not saved. Yes, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity