Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 02:12 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,912,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
I speak 3 languages and you confound all 3.
Your problem. Not mine as you try to bob and weave around honest answers.

Regards
DL

You can believe whatever you like, please explain how you got being gay out of anything I said if your so well versed in languages.

Last edited by Phazelwood; 10-20-2011 at 02:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 02:21 PM

267 posts, read 295,262 times
Quote:

Genocide is righteous judgment. Hitler and his friends will be happy to hear that.

Regards
DL

Your inability to understand simple dialog may be part of the reasons you are so susceptible to Satan's deception. I will try to simplify it even more for you.

There is no parallel between God's righteous judgment and genocide.

Your inability to discern the difference makes it clear your reasoning faculties have been distorted by Satan's deceptions. It is no wonder this is a hard question for you.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:35 PM

1,493 posts, read 1,369,101 times
The big difference between Hitler and God is that Hitler is not God. God has quite a unique perspective as the omnipotent Creator of the world. God's "genocide" in the flood story (whether it was a global or local flood) or any of the other orders to kill people in the Old Testament are done from the perspective of a Creator who is trying to bring about the Savior of the World in a way that people would recognize while dealing with human freewill.

His creations may very well have eventually become so corrupt that they may have interferred with that plan. Destroying large populations of humans may sound harsh and unfair to us, but then again we don't have his perspective. Think of it from an owner's perspective. Have you ever had to destroy or trash something you created or bought because it was causing problems or rotted or just didn't work any more? That may be simplifying it a lot, but its still a very different perspective. It may have been heart breaking for God to ever wipe out anyone, but there may have been no other way.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:52 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,381,890 times
Quote:
I see that Satan sure has you by the short hairs.

Genocide is righteous judgment. Hitler and his friends will be happy to hear that.

What did God judge and find guilty in the children and babies?

Regards
DL
Let me guess, you don't have a problem with women killing unborn babies.

God was doing those babies and children a favor (that's what grace is, a favor) by taking them Home. They were much better off with God in Heaven than with the idol worshippers God destroyed.

Re-read about Sodom and Gomorrah. How many times Did Abraham and God go back and forth about saving righteous souls? He saved the 4 people who were righteous. God does not destroy the righteous with the unrighteous. He is a fair and just God whether people want to realize it or not.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:51 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,132,903 times
Quote:
God said that Satan shall deceive the whole world. If God is right then we have all been deceived. Even you with your holy ghost. He did not name any exceptions.

Regards
DL
No,

"For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will *show great *signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the *elect.

But Rev says this:

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

So, what is it to be? WHAT IS TRUTH?

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of Truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Understand?

Old 10-21-2011, 07:26 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,101,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You can believe whatever you like, please explain how you got being gay out of anything I said if your so well versed in languages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am
You lose me again.

What spiritual understanding was Sodom about?

What spiritual understanding as to the flood, even a local one.

"God has destroyed evil with in me."

This was in response to a reference to Sodom.

WTH was I supposed to imply?
What would you imply?

Regards
DL

Old 10-21-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWW1962 View Post
Your inability to understand simple dialog may be part of the reasons you are so susceptible to Satan's deception. I will try to simplify it even more for you.

There is no parallel between God's righteous judgment and genocide.

Your inability to discern the difference makes it clear your reasoning faculties have been distorted by Satan's deceptions. It is no wonder this is a hard question for you.
Let me see. Genocide is the killing, murder to me, of many.
God's righteous judgment, is the killing, murder to me, of many.

Nope. No parallel there.
To anyone who is cannot think.

Regards
DL

Old 10-21-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
The big difference between Hitler and God is that Hitler is not God. God has quite a unique perspective as the omnipotent Creator of the world. God's "genocide" in the flood story (whether it was a global or local flood) or any of the other orders to kill people in the Old Testament are done from the perspective of a Creator who is trying to bring about the Savior of the World in a way that people would recognize while dealing with human freewill.

His creations may very well have eventually become so corrupt that they may have interferred with that plan. Destroying large populations of humans may sound harsh and unfair to us, but then again we don't have his perspective. Think of it from an owner's perspective. Have you ever had to destroy or trash something you created or bought because it was causing problems or rotted or just didn't work any more? That may be simplifying it a lot, but its still a very different perspective. It may have been heart breaking for God to ever wipe out anyone, but there may have been no other way.
No other way when you have a pocket full of miracles. Ya.

You speak of God creating us. God is said to create all things perfect.

If a potter creates a pot that leaks, who is to blame?
The pot, or the potter?

You also indicated that God is omnipotent.
That includes infinite powers of persuasion.

Why could he not persuade?

Regards
DL

Old 10-21-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Let me guess, you don't have a problem with women killing unborn babies.

God was doing those babies and children a favor (that's what grace is, a favor) by taking them Home. They were much better off with God in Heaven than with the idol worshippers God destroyed.

Re-read about Sodom and Gomorrah. How many times Did Abraham and God go back and forth about saving righteous souls? He saved the 4 people who were righteous. God does not destroy the righteous with the unrighteous. He is a fair and just God whether people want to realize it or not.
How could the babies get into heaven. God said they were corrupt.

You lie so that you can stomach and justify a completely immoral act and add to scriptures which scriptures say not to do.

Pathetic.

Regards
DL

Old 10-21-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
No,

"For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will *show great *signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the *elect.

But Rev says this:

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

So, what is it to be? WHAT IS TRUTH?

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of Truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Understand?
I understand that you will not believe your word when it says that all, not some, but all will be deceived.

You try to make yourself an exception because you are deceived into ignoring the word of God.

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity