Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 06:25 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,262,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I don't wish to be argumentative over a minor issue, but, as far as I know, the Bible mentions only that Mary Magdelene was a woman out of which Jesus had cast several demons. It doesn't say she was a prostitute as far as I can determine. I am quite willing to be corrected on that if you could please point it out for me.
I agree with you. I think the RCC started that rumor.

Katie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 07:12 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I don't wish to be argumentative over a minor issue, but, as far as I know, the Bible mentions only that Mary Magdelene was a woman out of which Jesus had cast several demons. It doesn't say she was a prostitute as far as I can determine. I am quite willing to be corrected on that if you could please point it out for me.
What I see is that so much 'tradition' has been added into the Word, and from that more doctrine gets developed. People say that it is all 'biblical'; but it is not. And it leads toward false doctrines.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:48 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,960,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
He wrote: "I will be choosing a man named Paul to be My apostle. Believe what he says. He is My ambassador."

Sorry O'Ducky. I couldn't resist!

Katie
Katie do you realize the abomination of what you just said? I know you don't mean bad by it, but it's not the Holy Spirit that spoke that. What you just said makes Yahushua out to be pointing to Paul. Yahushua is the Messiah Katie, and He would never even joke around about pointing to someone else after Him. I know I know your joking, but that's an abomination to Elohim. Forgiveness, for sure.

"Be carefull not to make allies with the enemy"

Old 10-21-2011, 04:17 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,481 times
JER 17:13 "O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake You shall be ashamed, and they that depart from Me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters."

Old 10-21-2011, 07:35 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
In Exodus 34:1-3.... `And the Lord said to Moses `Cut out two tables of stone like the first and I WILL WRITE TO THESE TABLES THE WORDS THAT WAS IN THE FIRST TABLES, WHICH YOU BROKE and come alone with no one``..................Then in John 8: 1-11...Jesus went up to mount of Olives, early in the morning he came to the TEMPLE..And all the people came to him and he sat down and taught him...when the scribes and the pharisee brought to him a women they were to condemn for adultery ,when they asked Jesus ...but Jesus got down and with his finger wrote on the ground.. and said `He that is with out sin among you, let him first caste a stone `` and Jesus wrote on the ground again ........... so here is the Lord God writing the law on the ten commandments , and Here is Lord Jesus writing the law on the Temple floor........the Law from Exodus 20:14.. ``You will not commit adultery``.................

Old 10-21-2011, 10:18 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
A Hebrew/Aramaic scholar I heard once said that depending on how you look at and interpret the words in this passage; it could be interpreted as:

"he that is without this same exact sin among you, let him cast a stone at her"

or as the KJV guys did it:
"he that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her"

Old 10-21-2011, 10:37 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
What Did Yahushua Write in the Dirt With His Finger That Day?

It read, "Dang!!! these guys are gullible!!

Old 10-22-2011, 12:07 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Go and learn what this means:

"I desire mercy, not sacrifice."

And they all departed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity