Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 06:24 PM

322 posts, read 317,004 times

Advertisements

do u consider yourself free?

if we still have questions are we free, if we had the truth wouldn't it set us free?

does debatting really help us understand the truth or does the truth come from understanding beyond reasoning?

these are things that i have been through i am not aiming anything at anyone. these are all questions i ask myself.

I know that LOVE sets us free from all the limitations that our conditioned mind gives us. when we stop living in the mind and live from the source of LIFe( god if u want to call it that ) then we are free. free to love everyone, everything without conditions.. free to experince life without having to know what religion they are from or what job they have. Love crosses all boundaries...

i was not able to do this until recently. i was alway blaming others and making reasons to keep the walls up.

we are already free .we just need to accept our freedom and LIVE. from the heart and quiet the mind.

Love is the way to freedom.. we must be carriers of Love. Love is the fuel that will get us to eternity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 08:05 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
material things will keep you captive!

Old 10-23-2011, 06:52 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Once you receive the Baptize of the Holy Spirit then the fight for freedom from darkness begins for the flesh of man......But for the spirit and soul of man freedom is there, and keep to the Lord nothing can rob God of your soul ........ But the flesh of Man will be challenged throughout their lives and the more people fight the devil the fight can grow even bigger but if we listen to the Lord and His plan for our lives the fight will be reduced and the devil will flee as we fight thorough is blood prayers ........ But for the nations freedom is there but can be challenged for people who believe in Jesus and trying to believe and the world is going in an opposite direction , and Jesus has a plan to help people even here or there were opposition is the greatest in nations who reject Jesus and His Church but Prayer is a must......... as the result there is freedom of darkness in Heaven for all going ............

Old 10-23-2011, 07:56 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,188 times
I am freer than a prison inmate or a person confined to a wheelchair, but I am not completely free. Does anyone think complete freedom should be equated with death?

Old 10-23-2011, 08:15 AM

No, Theophane....I could never equate complete freedom with death.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
No, Theophane....I could never equate complete freedom with death.
But we are always beholden to something while we are alive. This bodily existence is what weighs us down.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:21 AM

death is the end of life....to experience "complete freedom" you'd have to be alive...otherwise how would you even know that you were experiencing it?

Old 10-23-2011, 08:24 AM

322 posts, read 317,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
I am freer than a prison inmate or a person confined to a wheelchair, but I am not completely free. Does anyone think complete freedom should be equated with death?
I have learned that complete freedom is available to us now.. its up to us to accept it. our minds put labels on everything and trap us in a way.

we are all born free to be who we are ..individuals, but the way the world is , tends to push us to be somthing that we are not.. to be a certain way, a way that makes us dependant on "them"

if u we cant be who we truly are then we are not free. if we try to be like the rest because we think that is how we have to live , life will always be a struggle because we are trying to be what we are not.
we were made from love and love is our purpose,, and it sets us free.

when we accept that we are created by the most high and created perfectly from the beginning and not try to "fit in" to the worlds standards then we become free to LIVE and be Ourselves and Praise The Creator in all that we do, every moment knowing that all comes from him,and that to me is freedom.

putting the most high first and all is added. its true.he ads all things and we become free from the "struggle of life".

if we try to be something that we are not.. it like pretending and thats not freedom.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
death is the end of life....to experience "complete freedom" you'd have to be alive...otherwise how would you even know that you were experiencing it?
I think this would be a good time to start discussing Buddhism.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:41 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,084,440 times
This is what I consider and Example of FREEDOM.
It is Sunday Morning, I am home relaxing and having a once a week stress free morning.
I have red the news online (at least all of it I want)
My son is playing video games, which he is not allowed to play during the week as it intereferes with Study Time.
I had a nice breakfast, some good coffee.
I am free to do this. The laws and rights of my State and Nation guarantee this.

I am free from some religious contraints which would try to dictate how and where my Sunday morning be spent.
Whn I was a child, I would occasionally wake up on Sunday Mornings to find a visitor in our house. he was a friend of the family and a member of the church my parents lived for. (All their frineds were from theis church)
He was a very obese gray haired man, and I would wake up on Sunday morning (Or rather be awakened by my mom) and find him sitting at our dining table drinking coffee and reading the paper. He would say that he was picking up my dad to go to some early Bible study or some other balony line, but what he was really doing, in retrospect, was coming over to amke sure that we were all up and getting ready to be at church.
now to me, that was an infringement on our freedom. But my parents were not the types to stand up to that.
I would never be part of some man-made organization, like a church, that forces me to give up my freedom, my choises.

Would it have been freedom if I had believed in it? Possibly, but since I did not believe in it then and still do not, I cannot fully answer that question, only to say that I feel most free when I am unencumbered.

When I was in High School and I went to enlist in the army, the recruiter told me point blank :"Son, you are giving up your freedom for four years. Understand that. You are property of the US ARMY." (Turns out I could not pass the physical o it became a moot point)
Would I have given up personal freedom, privacy for service to the country? of course. That is something real and worth it. In a way the freedom and I rights and priveledges I have are tied to country.

But not to someone else's god........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity