Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 11:51 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,491 times

Advertisements

What do you think? Is there such a thing? I ask this because I've heard someone say that they were, to justify things in their life. For some reason I feel God wanted me to share this thought with everyone. I personally believe this is in total dissagreement with scripture, and the teachings of the Messiah.

What I think about after pondering this is examples in the Old Testament. I think of heavenly messengers sent to test people, but never did they disguise theirself in sin. And there's also a passage somewhere that says God caused the false prophet of baal or some false god, to lie, but never does heavenly messengers disguise themselves in sin, or, do anything that is not scriptural. I remember Yahushua saying, "there's coming a time when those who kill you think they are doing God a service".

There are so many people who play to be their own God, and chose to think it's ok for them to do something that totally goes against the Words of God and holiness, just for the sake of being able to do it and think to get away with it.

I hope everyone understands that God NEVER does this, or asks His children to do anything that His Word is against. There is no such thing.

But what are your thoughts? Lets look at the scriptural evidence of times when God sent His heavenly messengers to speak to people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 12:09 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,850 times
I don't know about sheep in wolves' clothing.

Matthew 7:15-20
15Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Matthew 10:16 I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:12 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Yes, there are wolves in sheeps clothing and they come in all shapes and sizes, many come carrying a banner announcing how much of a servant of Christ they are, and their true colors come out when you don't agree with what they write or say.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:19 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,092 times
Sheep in wolves' clothing? Don't you mean wolves in sheeps' clothing?
Anyway, the Bible says the tares (weeds) will be found amongst the wheat. Think of the many millionaire TV preachers who are doing so for the immense amount of money to be made, and not for the saving of souls...they live a life of luxury. For now...

Bud

Old 10-26-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
I don't know about sheep in wolves' clothing.

Matthew 7:15-20
15“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Matthew 10:16 I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.
Good scriptures. Key words, "by their fruits", and from the Messiah! Love it Saved33.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yes, there are wolves in sheeps clothing and they come in all shapes and sizes, many come carrying a banner announcing how much of a servant of Christ they are, and their true colors come out when you don't agree with what they write or say.
And how so? There are many believers who let Satan get the best of them, and let their flesh rise up, and fall into the trap of debate and get frustrated because of pride that likes to be right, but how does that make them a "wolf in sheeps clothing"? That just means they have sinned. If were on the same thought.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Sheep in wolves' clothing? Don't you mean wolves in sheeps' clothing?
Anyway, the Bible says the tares (weeds) will be found amongst the wheat. Think of the many millionaire TV preachers who are doing so for the immense amount of money to be made, and not for the saving of souls...they live a life of luxury. For now...

Bud
No, I mean sheep in wolves clothing. It's the flip side of that.

Do you know of any scriptures where heavenly angels in the Old Testament were sinning or doing something that contradicts the commands of God, in order to disclose their identity? I'll try and find examples of these heavenly angels and post later.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:35 PM

461 posts, read 480,760 times
The saying is Wolves in sheep's clothing.

The reason Christians are wolves is they do not obey the commands of the son of man and keep his words.They let religion slam the gate of heaven in their face.

I know the Lord and I keep His words.What I have done that's what you must do.

It's pretty plain there.

It's good enough for the student to become like his teacher.

"Let your heart hold fast to my words ,keep my commands so you will live".

Old 10-26-2011, 01:10 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
And how so? There are many believers who let Satan get the best of them, and let their flesh rise up, and fall into the trap of debate and get frustrated because of pride that likes to be right, but how does that make them a "wolf in sheeps clothing"? That just means they have sinned. If were on the same thought.
Those kinds of excuses is all the wolves need to not be noticed and hide behind.

Many times, it is not about the disagreement or someone arguing wanting to be right. It is when there is sharing going on and someone comes in and rather than realizing they are talking to a believer they accuse others like saying "You worship a different Jesus" or "You are dead in your sins" often to cover up being wrong But they imply that somehow there will be curses upon them of some sort because they see God in a different way so they are accused of having belief contrary to God as if they carry the absolute truth and have the right to speak for a God in that manner.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:01 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
No, I mean sheep in wolves clothing. It's the flip side of that.

Do you know of any scriptures where heavenly angels in the Old Testament were sinning or doing something that contradicts the commands of God, in order to disclose their identity? I'll try and find examples of these heavenly angels and post later.
Angels don't have free will in the Old Testament, so no such verse exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity