Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 08:07 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
Thank you for the encouragement. I do sometimes wonder if maybe I have the gift of discernment. Or perhaps compassion. (Are those gifts?) How does someone know what their spiritual gifts are?
I plucked this from another thread -- very old and took time to find. Anyway, there's a "test" at this link:

Spiritual Gifts Test

It's supposed to give you an idea of what spiritual gifts you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 08:12 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,754,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
I plucked this from another thread -- very old and took time to find. Anyway, there's a "test" at this link:

Spiritual Gifts Test

I cannot believe what I just read here, mams. I was just reading
1Corinthians regarding our spiritual gifts. My church, of course has a course on identifying our gifts, but I've never taken it.

Well, before I got online, I thought, "After checking out CD, I need to google spiritual gifts and see if I can take some sort of test."

And what do I see????

How does God speak to me? Well, right now through you and with a sense of humor!

Old 08-30-2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
1Corinthians regarding our spiritual gifts. My church, of course has a course on identifying our gifts, but I've never taken it.

Well, before I got online, I thought, "After checking out CD, I need to google spiritual gifts and see if I can take some sort of test."

And what do I see????

How does God speak to me? Well, right now through you and with a sense of humor!

LOL .. Coincidence? I think NOT!! How great is that!! And the perfect thread to display how God somtimes communicates to us. I'm happy to have been a vessel for God (even unknowingly!)

Old 08-30-2007, 09:55 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,420,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post

Spiritual Gifts Test

See, I KNEW someone was going to post a response telling me where I could take a Spiritual Gifts test!

Okay, no - I didn't really know that. But I was thinking about looking it up on Google. Thanks for digging up that link. It was very thoughtful of you to do that, and I appreciate it!

Quote:

And what do I see????

That is too cool! If you take the test, let us know the results!

Old 08-31-2007, 05:25 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,754,709 times
Quote:
See, I KNEW someone was going to post a response telling me where I could take a Spiritual Gifts test!

Okay, no - I didn't really know that. But I was thinking about looking it up on Google. Thanks for digging up that link. It was very thoughtful of you to do that, and I appreciate it!

That is too cool! If you take the test, let us know the results!
I did take the test and my spiritual gifts are discernment, followed closely by faith.

Anyone else take it?

Old 08-31-2007, 07:39 AM

Quote:
I did take the test and my spiritual gifts are discernment, followed closely by faith.

Anyone else take it?
Yes, I took it and my results were:

Administration/Ruling - 12
Discernment - 11
Evangelism - 9
Exhortation - 11
Faith - 18
Giving - 8
Helps/Serving/Ministering - 16
Knowledge - 8
Mercy - 13
Pastor/Teacher - 13
Teaching - 17
Wisdom - 15

Here's the link (hope it works) to the original thread regarding spiritual gifts. Other posters listed their results here.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ieve-them.html

Old 08-31-2007, 12:37 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,285 times
Found a video of relevance.

YouTube - Discernment-Here I Am Lord

Old 08-31-2007, 01:28 PM

292 posts, read 933,916 times
Smile Spiritual gifts

[QUOTE=WCRob;1392739]Oh, I gotcha!

Now I'm curious about what you mean by "the near days to come".

Thank you for the encouragement. I do sometimes wonder if maybe I have the gift of discernment. Or perhaps compassion. (Are those gifts?) How does someone know what their spiritual gifts are?[/quote]

I had started hearing about spiritual gifts many years back. There was even a test we took at the church I was currently attending. Years later after starting to attend a different church, I saw the gifts in operation. As I began to question the people about it I learned these were spoken of in the bible.
In some of my posts I testify of a "spiritual awakening" having happened to me when I was in a treatment center. I later learned this was called, "The baptism of the Holy Spirit." Right after this happened, I began to experience having spiritual gifts. I had spiritual dreams and visions, knew things, sensed things, lots was happening.
I tried to find out more about the gifts by asking the people at the church. I was told it was wrong to seek these out so inwardly and in my heart I asked the Lord.
He has taught me about them basically with "on the job training." That is, having me step out in them and then I would find out later what it was all about.
WCRob, I feel your ears are really perked up to learn more in this area and I feel the Lord will be bringing you the teaching and training that goes along with those desires.
One prayer I was led to pray one night, " Lord, show me what my gifts are and teach me how to use them!" He has answered and of course, I am yet learning!
The gifts are for the body. So in stepping out in them the body is edified.
Jean

Old 08-31-2007, 01:31 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,068,666 times
Quote:
Just what the thread title says.....

Have you ever been impacted in such a way after reading something specific, and at such a precise time, that you felt it may have been God trying to tell you something? If so, how did you know it wasn't plain old coincidence?

Or - have you ever physically observed something that sort of "came alive" to you by representing something else in such a way as it made you go "Ah hah, now I get it"? Was it mere imagination, or do you think it was God illustrating something for you? How were you able to tell?

In what way(s) has God delivered a message to you? Was/Is it through something you read, heard, observed - perhaps something else, whether little or big? Tell me about your personal experiences that have led you to believe you had received a message from God - and in particular, how were you able to discern that it was indeed a message from Him?
mostly via email but sometimes via sms..

Old 08-31-2007, 01:43 PM

292 posts, read 933,916 times
Thumbs up Understanding Spiritual Gifts

Spiritual Gifts: Their Origin & Purpose

Here is a very good writing in regards to understanding spiritual gifts by Dr. Dale A. Robbins.

Enjoy!

Jean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity