Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 01:44 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
You mean this person think you are a "so-called" or a "wannabe" Christian. Hmm...that sounds familiar.
We are all so-called or wanna-be Christians until God decides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 07:10 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
Default Who is a Christian?

Honestly, who cares?

What IS IT we are looking for? Some sort of prideful gratification that a life well lived in this life, will attain us to the next? That some sort of miracle prayer will give us a passport free of charge?

I have seen, and participated, in the so called Christian faith over these last few years here. BUT, alas, it isn't HERE. Or there. Or anywhere. The faith that is spoken of is a personal one. Like those ancient ignorant people of the OT, like Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Noah, David, Joshua, etc.

Their faith was a personal faith, and they went at it alone with God.

We, the people of today, want to 'fit in'. We desire the perfect feel good church, or the rampant rock throwing fundy or uni crowds meanwhile ALL claiming they are right. Well, you know who was, and is, and will forever be the Truth? Then, that is who you should be seeking it from. The Author and Finisher of our faith.

I see Jesus looking down at the chiild on the street, without enough to eat. And then at those fine looking temples all proclaiming His name.

Do we 'get it'? Do we even care? Well, if you say you do,,,then the fruit of it should be manifest on earth, and recorded in heaven.

Let us hope we all show those here who are not a Christian, or perhaps a believer on the 'wrong path', or even a person lacking evidence for faith,,,what it means when we ACT out the faith we proclaim to have.

Well, I haven't been on here like I used to. I haven't cared to, as the once exciting theological discussions,,, have bored me.

But, interesting thread.......thanks Mysitc.

But as I said,,,who cares??

Old 11-02-2011, 07:42 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
This thread is completely divisive and giving room for non believers to come in and pit Christians against each other. Some of the people agreeing with you have openly admit that they aren't even Christian. Let me put it like this, if God and yourself are the only ones who knows if you are truly a Christian or not, then what is the point of this thread? There isn't anything that you can say or do that can fully convince the people on here one way or another, but then again, why should it matter? If you know that God knows who you are, then you don't have anything to prove to anyone on here. I think this thread is accomplishing nothing but further justifying nonbelievers why they are nonbelievers.
I wish we lived in the good ol' days when we, soldiers in Christ, would form a mob, march to Mystic's house, grab the heretic and burn him at the stake. We kill 'em, let God sort 'em out. Christians are getting soft these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity