Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 12:24 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,904,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Isn't another component of UR that being in the hands of God is preferable to the hands of men in any case? Such that "vengeance is mine, says the Lord" actually means something?

Indeed, the Lords vengeance is not against us as created humans, it is against what hinders us from progressing towards him.

Like I asked before, we all will fall into the hands of the living God, can anyone tell me a better place to be?

Old 11-01-2011, 12:26 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,418,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Actually the listening audience knew Jesus was telling them things through parables.
Makes no difference, a parables are not a fictitious story that has no relativity.

A parable is a earthy example with a heavenly meanings.

The fact is about parables:
"When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus’ parables, they knew he was talking about them."Matthew 21:45 They knew he was condemning them to hell if they didn't accept him.

Other times Jesus spoke parables to withhold the meaning because of their unbelief and then explained the parable to those who did believe.

But to say that a parable doesn't teach the truth of what will happen using an earthly example is wanton oppostion to Jesus to support Satan's lie.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:29 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,045,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Isn't another component of UR that being in the hands of God is preferable to the hands of men in any case? Such that "vengeance is mine, says the Lord" actually means something?
Of cause Kat, God is far more merciful than man could ever know,so give me the vengeance of God instead of man every time. We too could be merciful in the same way if we sow seeds of Mercy, we will reap an abundant harvest of it.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:29 PM

351 posts, read 352,587 times
Hi everyone like to post my opinion on this.

I believe that God will save all his children. How he does it is what we need to understand. I don't think that even some who believe in UR understand what it will entail.

God is interested in results. I agree that as human we want justice. If someone does something despicable we want them to pay a price because that to us that is fair. That is justice, no one should be able to do terrible things and not pay a price. You must remember that GOD'S WAYS ARE HIGH THEN OURS. God looks at results, he does not want payment for bad deeds and thoughts, he want a CHANGE OF HEART.

When God "judges" us that means he will bring pressure on us to change our heart, not pay for what we did or thought but change so we do not want to do them or think that way ever again. The fact that this pressure may cause us immense spirital pain is true but pain is not the purpose of the pressure it is a by product. God wants the change of heart that it will bring about.

A lot of people who believe in ET read the Bible and misunderstand the symbolism that it has to show us what God will do. If we do not judge ourselves and change our own heart God will bring judgements on us that will cause us to change ( and this is for the free will people) it will be OUR choice but it will be the only choice that we will be able to make because of the type of pressure(judgements) God brings on us, remember he knows our heart better that we do, he knows exactly what to do to bring about the required changes.

The Lake of fire is symbolism for the cleansing fire of God's judgement that will cleanses us and change our heart, it is not literal. This lake of fire is part of God's grace on us. It sounds bad but it will "burn" up all the carnality and make us holy and acceptable to God.

Many people want justice but we want our idea of justice. God wants a change of our heart till we are like him and when we are, that is better that punishing someone for bad behavior. Once we are no longer that creature we are but like the Bible says we become a new creature what is the benefit of punishing ( remember punishment is to correct bad behavior) someone if they no longer are capable of that behavior in their hearts anymore?

Like I said God is interested in results not punishment.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:33 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,418,268 times
Quote:
Indeed, the Lords vengeance is not against us as created humans, it is against what hinders us from progressing towards him.

Like I asked before, we all will fall into the hands of the living God, can anyone tell me a better place to be?
Satan's lie is to say for the unbeliever there is nothing to fear:
God says otherwise:
Hebrews 10:31
It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” Deut. 32:35

Old 11-01-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Makes no difference, a parables are not a fictitious story that has no relativity.

A parable is a earthy example with a heavenly meanings.

The fact is about parables:
"When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus’ parables, they knew he was talking about them."Matthew 21:45 They knew he was condemning them to hell if they didn't accept him.

Other times Jesus spoke parables to withhold the meaning because of their unbelief and then explained the parable to those who did believe.

But to say that a parable doesn't teach the truth of what will happen using an earthly example is wanton oppostion to Jesus to support Satan's lie.

The point is that parables are intended to convey a meaning apart from the literal story, you can't actually show that the listening audience knew what you are saying they knew, those are your assumptions.

Jesus at one point even said that the meaning wasn't even for who he was speaking to and the disciples didn't even know what he meant.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Satan's lie is to say for the unbeliever there is nothing to fear:
God says otherwise:
Hebrews 10:31
It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” Deut. 32:35

So are you saying there is a better place to be than in the hands of God?

Should I tell the unbeliever that they should avoid God?

Old 11-01-2011, 12:48 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,384,411 times
Exclamation UR, a doctrine not to be afraid of

"God will have all men to be saved" 1Tim. 2:4

In ONE RELIGION; MANY CREEDS – Ross Winans wrote
“Our belief is that man, being governed and trained through time, a good and happy result must ensue to each individual. The idea of hell fire and eternal torment, when properly considered, is an idea that is alike blasphemous and illogical.

God has ordained that every man shall sooner or later, recognize and appreciate His blessings.
Nothing else is consistent with His determinate will.

God is a God of infinite goodness, not of vengeance; to be loved; to be worshiped for love’s sake, not through fear of everlasting punishment. We believe that every man will eventually love Him.”

George Matheson wrote the following in 1882
"O Love, that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul on Thee."

So do I.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:48 PM

76,848 posts, read 47,156,824 times
Quote:
So are you saying there is a better place to be than in the hands of God?

Should I tell the unbeliever that they should avoid God?
Typical ur spin and twist.

Read the chapter

Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Typical ur spin and twist.

Read the chapter

Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Typical avoidance of the question.

Tell me a better place to be than in the hands of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity