U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-02-2011, 11:24 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,509,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Universalists ALWAYS go back to the topic of hell,

What topic will you go to when I tell you that being in the hands of the living God is the best place anyone can be? Oh, yeah, we already know what topic you bring up. lol

Old 11-02-2011, 11:26 AM

35,892 posts, read 13,026,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
***in Ronald Reagan voice*** - "Well,there you go again."

Once again you misrepresent the UR message. No consequences for unbelief? You reap what you sow.

Do you even bother reading what is posted in defense of UR? Either you aren't even reading or your heart is as hard as granite.
No comment to my point? No? Well, never mind then.

Yes, I have read enough about ur to know exactly what they are trying to sell, and it is exactly as I said.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:29 AM

5 posts, read 1,859 times
Because its heresy?

Old 11-02-2011, 11:54 AM

5,966 posts, read 3,032,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqlserverguy View Post
Because its heresy?
Well it certainly isn't orthodox! Good answer.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
So funny. Have you heard a guy named Norman Goldman do his Reagan impersonation? He's good at it. And that's the line he usually says.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:55 PM

19,423 posts, read 9,548,175 times
Quote:

Once again you misrepresent the UR message. No consequences for unbelief? You reap what you sow.

Do you even bother reading what is posted in defense of UR? Either you aren't even reading or your heart is as hard as granite.
Exactly , but the only sowing and reaping a fundamentalists understands is reaping eternal torment for sowing unbelief. He knows nothing of the Great Mercy of God,that He remembers we are formed from dust,and that if He counted our transgressions none of us would stand(including your OSAS Christian). I bid you fundamentalist to return to the Lord,let His thoughts of love,grace and mercy be the entertainment and meditation of your heart,and abandon the other gospel you believe in, where you have to scrape the barrel to find any love,grace and mercy to offer the world,and the guilt and condemnation it's put you under.

For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. He came and preached peace to those who are near and to those who are afar off.The angels announced good news of happiness.......Peace on earth and goodwill towards all men.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:13 PM

9,502 posts, read 5,163,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Hoo nose, twin. You just might turn out to be one of these guys bcause you think you got yourself saved in Jesus' Name.

"Many will say to me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy Name? and in Thy Name have cast out devils, and in Thy Name have done many wonderful works? And then I will profess unto them I never knew you. Depart from Me ye who work iniquity' (Matt. 7:22,23).

We could probably add to those decarations that many, in astonishment, will also say, -- "but my name should be right there in the book of life because I got myself saved in Your Name!"

They fully expect to go right into heaven based on what they had done in the Name of Jesus.
Instead, Jesus will cast them into the lake of fire which is the second death to experience kolasis aionion, which means age-during corrective chastisement.

It is God, not us, who decides who will or will not experience the lake of fire which is the second death.
This coming from you is about as funny as a toothless guard dog

Old 11-02-2011, 01:15 PM

3,001 posts, read 1,614,903 times
Exclamation I'm repeating this because I think it is the basic issue

I'm repeating this because I think it is the basic issue, and no one has yet tried to dispute it.

People who don't think salvation is 100% by God, not just 100% provided by God like to be in the hands of their own "free" will. That is where they feel most secure.

IMO, that is the most basic difference between ETers and URs.

Just like in the case of Lydia (whose heart the Lord opened, Acts 16:14) and Saul of Tarsus, our cooperation to be saved is the result, not the cause, of God laying hold on us by His sovereign grace and causing Jesus to be "choce" in our heart.

The timing of the salvation of everyone is under God's sovereign control.

HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE - James Coram
CHOOSING WHAT IS CHOICE
biblical studies: His Achievement Are We - Part 9 - Choosing What Is Choice
"No one to whom Christ is not yet choice can choose Christ.
And Christ cannot be choice to anyone to whom He has not yet been made choice.
When He is made choice He becomes choice and so is choice; or to say the same thing, He is chosen.
This first act of the believer in which Christ is consciously chosen, is merely a consequence of his new mental preference which has been graciously granted to him by God."

ARMINIAN ET BELIEF - It's as if God says
“Unless you are lucky enough to find out about my son during this lifetime, and even if you are that lucky, if you don’t have the good sense to use your "free" will and cooperate with my son properly before you die, then I am going to raise you from the dead and I will sustain you alive in an inescapable state of eternal torment forever.”

My advice is, don't put your faith in your faith. Your faith may, and probably will be misplaced from time to time, especially if you are having faith in your self.

Put your faith in Jesus Christ instead, because even if He casts you into the lake of fire which is the second death it will achieve the age-during corrective chastisement that He has promised to everyone who needs it.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:34 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,049,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, you think God would consider you rigteous if you released Ted Bundy? You might as well kill his next victim yourself and save him the trouble. No, releasing him is definetly NOT just or righteous.

Read Romans 13 from the Bible if you don't believe it when I quote of for you.

Unbelievable....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Finn,
I started out by saying that Jesus' commands to turn the other cheek are what Jesus calls us to do, and that what is good is always good, and what is evil is always evil. Lastly, if torturing people is evil, then we know that God isn't going to torture anyone.

From there, you felt the need to ask me if Ted Bundy ought to be set free. My direct answer to you is, "I don't know." Perhaps he has had a change of heart; I'd have to meet him and get back with you on this.

Blessings,
brian
Ted Bundy was killed in the electric chair a long time ago. I wonder if ETers think it was righteous for people (maybe a Christian?) to kill someone who they believe will go straight to a literal hell. (Sorry if this has already been addressed. I'm not very far into the thread.)

Old 11-02-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Ted Bundy was killed in the electric chair a long time ago. I wonder if ETers think it was righteous for people (maybe a Christian?) to kill someone who they believe will go straight to a literal hell. (Sorry if this has already been addressed. I'm not very far into the thread.)
I can answer that. There definitely are people who consider themselves Christians and ET believers at that who celebrated the man's execution. There were shouts of "Burn in Hell Bundy" outside the prison when he was executed. I could understand feeling "unmoved" by his death, particularly if he had killed one of my loved ones. However, I do find it strange and disheartening that people would celebrate anyone's execution because obviously the man had a lot of demons working in his being to do the things he did and who of us knows why it panned out that way for Ted or for his victims. Sorrow all around seems the only sane reaction to any of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity