U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 11-02-2011, 12:58 PM

8,488 posts, read 4,027,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Ted Bundy was killed in the electric chair a long time ago. I wonder if ETers think it was righteous for people (maybe a Christian?) to kill someone who they believe will go straight to a literal hell. (Sorry if this has already been addressed. I'm not very far into the thread.)
Capitol punishment that is carried out in this country when a person is found guily of premeditated murder in the state that does capitol punishment.

There is a difference between "murder" and "killing". Ted Bundy murdered his victims and because of such was justly severed the punishment due.

Unread 11-02-2011, 01:01 PM

6,305 posts, read 2,240,771 times
Let's take UR one step further.

pcamps has been very scripturally bringing us back to the fact that God is not holding men's sins against them. Can you believe it? Can God just forgive people freely? Is that fair? Is that "just??"

Well, it's not only fair. It's GRACE!!

Now, from this link here: Sovereignty Scriptures
I was truly blessed this morning.
Here's what I feel the LORD was showing me this morning, verse-by-verse:

Mt. 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
Now many refers to the whole world. Just as the "many" in Romans 5 refers to all mankind, so here too, many are indeed called by God, in God's time. However, only a few are chosen in this life (such as Paul the apostle) to declare His Grace and His Glory to the world.

Jn. 12:39-40 For this cause they could not believe, for Isaiah said again, "He has blinded their eyes and He hardened their heart; lest they see with their eyes and perceive with their heart, and be converted, and I heal them."

When God makes the sinner to hear His word, He causes the man to be converted and healed. Without this intervention of God directly in a person's life, there can be no healing and conversion. God does it all, in His time. When one person is "saved," that's God at work. If a person is "not saved," it's simply that God is not yet doing work in that person.

Acts 3:26 ...and sent Him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways.

Again, it is GOD who TURNS us AWAY from our sin. He does it in His time. It is an active work on His part, and until He works in the individual, that person can do nothing.

Rom. 5:20 And the law came in that the transgression might increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more.

See that? God added the Law on purpose, in order to increase the transgression. Do you believe that God is for us? If you do, then you must know by now that God increased transgression, in order that His grace would supercede it. It's all GOD's doing!! Praise God!
Let's continue:

Rom. 5:18 So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men.

Here again we see clearly, that justification is God's gift, brought in by His Own Hand, and has been extended to ALL mankind. That includes Hitler and Bundy, like it or not!

Rom. 9:21 Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honor, and another for dishonor?
Rom. 9:22 What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?
Rom. 9:22 What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?

Yes, God made vessels of wrath. But He doesn't show His wrath on them, but brings them unto salvation by grace, according to His timing.

11:32 For God has shut up all men in disobedience that He may show mercy to all.

Here is God's final plan. He has made all people sinners, in order to have mercy upon them all! His grace is what saves us, not any works we have done. It is G-R-A-C-E which He bestows upon each sinner, one-by-one, reviving each one as He sees fit!

Grace means that man has no part in it whatsoever. Grace means that, one day, God comes to you and draws you unto Him, giving you conversion and healing. It is by grace that we are saved. As He called Saul, so He will do to each one, in His own time.

Praise God!!
I hope someone out there can hear this!!

Blessings,
brian

Unread 11-02-2011, 01:03 PM

31,535 posts, read 9,588,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Ted Bundy was killed in the electric chair a long time ago. I wonder if ETers think it was righteous for people (maybe a Christian?) to kill someone who they believe will go straight to a literal hell. (Sorry if this has already been addressed. I'm not very far into the thread.)
He murdered 35 people. Do you think it would have been just/righteous and "Christian thing to do" to just release him?

Unread 11-02-2011, 01:05 PM

31,535 posts, read 9,588,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I can answer that. There definitely are people who consider themselves Christians and ET believers at that who celebrated the man's execution. There were shouts of "Burn in Hell Bundy" outside the prison when he was executed. I could understand feeling "unmoved" by his death, particularly if he had killed one of my loved ones. However, I do find it strange and disheartening that people would celebrate anyone's execution because obviously the man had a lot of demons working in his being to do the things he did and who of us knows why it panned out that way for Ted or for his victims. Sorrow all around seems the only sane reaction to any of it.
I have never seen a believer celebrate someone death, so I think you are mistaken when you claim it was Christians who did the celebrating.

Unread 11-02-2011, 01:08 PM

2,976 posts, read 1,341,244 times
Exclamation Ted Bunday will be saved, along with Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Capitol punishment that is carried out in this country when a person is found guily of premeditated murder in the state that does capitol punishment.

There is a difference between "murder" and "killing". Ted Bundy murdered his victims and because of such was justly severed the punishment due.
All circumstances and influences being equal, everyone would become a Ted Bundy.

But he will be saved, along with Satan.

A snippet from J. Preston Eby's
RECONCILIATION IN THE HEAVENS
"Ah, I long intently for that day when even the devil himself shall put away his pitchfork, hang up his horns, and come humbly and brokenly to the Father's house! Does that startle you? How else could it be in that glad day when the Christ has finally RECONCILED ALL THINGS IN HEAVEN AND IN EARTH, including all the PRINCIPALITIES AND POWERS OF THE HEAVENLY SPHERE!"
Reconciliation in the Heavens

Unread 11-02-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have never seen a believer celebrate someone death, so I think you are mistaken when you claim it was Christians who did the celebrating.
It would not be surprising to me if it were to be discovered that UR's where the ones chanting it ... like a cameleon.

Unread 11-02-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
All circumstances and influences being equal, everyone would become a Ted Bundy.

But he will be saved, along with Satan.
That is an outright Satanic lie ... Satan going to be saved \

Unread 11-02-2011, 01:16 PM

Exclamation That is why I am delighted to have your message repeated here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Let's take UR one step further.

pcamps has been very scripturally bringing us back to the fact that God is not holding men's sins against them. Can you believe it? Can God just forgive people freely? Is that fair? Is that "just??"

Well, it's not only fair. It's GRACE!!

Now, from this link here: Sovereignty Scriptures
I was truly blessed this morning.
Here's what I feel the LORD was showing me this morning, verse-by-verse:

Mt. 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
Now many refers to the whole world. Just as the "many" in Romans 5 refers to all mankind, so here too, many are indeed called by God, in God's time. However, only a few are chosen in this life (such as Paul the apostle) to declare His Grace and His Glory to the world.

Jn. 12:39-40 For this cause they could not believe, for Isaiah said again, "He has blinded their eyes and He hardened their heart; lest they see with their eyes and perceive with their heart, and be converted, and I heal them."

When God makes the sinner to hear His word, He causes the man to be converted and healed. Without this intervention of God directly in a person's life, there can be no healing and conversion. God does it all, in His time. When one person is "saved," that's God at work. If a person is "not saved," it's simply that God is not yet doing work in that person.

Acts 3:26 ...and sent Him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways.

Again, it is GOD who TURNS us AWAY from our sin. He does it in His time. It is an active work on His part, and until He works in the individual, that person can do nothing.

Rom. 5:20 And the law came in that the transgression might increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more.

See that? God added the Law on purpose, in order to increase the transgression. Do you believe that God is for us? If you do, then you must know by now that God increased transgression, in order that His grace would supercede it. It's all GOD's doing!! Praise God!
Let's continue:

Rom. 5:18 So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men.

Here again we see clearly, that justification is God's gift, brought in by His Own Hand, and has been extended to ALL mankind. That includes Hitler and Bundy, like it or not!

Rom. 9:21 Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honor, and another for dishonor?

Yes, God made vessels of wrath. But He doesn't show His wrath on them, but brings them unto salvation by grace, according to His timing.

11:32 For God has shut up all men in disobedience that He may show mercy to all.

Here is God's final plan. He has made all people sinners, in order to have mercy upon them all! His grace is what saves us, not any works we have done. It is G-R-A-C-E which He bestows upon each sinner, one-by-one, reviving each one as He sees fit!

Grace means that man has no part in it whatsoever. Grace means that, one day, God comes to you and draws you unto Him, giving you conversion and healing. It is by grace that we are saved. As He called Saul, so He will do to each one, in His own time.

Praise God!!
I hope someone out there can hear this!!

Blessings,
brian
I hear it, and agree with it.
That is why I am delighted to have your message repeated here!
That is what my post #379 was all about.

Unread 11-02-2011, 01:23 PM

Exclamation The doctrine of endless punishment is a Satanic lie

Quote:
That is an outright Satanic lie ... Satan going to be saved \
No, the doctrine of endless punishment is a Satanic lie.
Here's the proof.
A snippet from
The Origin and History of the Doctrine of Endless Punishment
"This little work is written for the purpose of furnishing a sketch of the argument by which it is shown that the doctrine of Endless Punishment is not of divine origin, but traceable directly to a heathen source."

Unread 11-02-2011, 01:26 PM

6,305 posts, read 2,240,771 times
Quote:

The only difference between killing and murder, twin, is who does it. If you kill your neighbor, you are sent to jail. If you kill a whole village, you might get promoted to general or commander.

But both are bloodshed, plain and simple. Linguistic rhetoric does nothing to alleviate the conscience.

-BTW, you completely dodged the points brought up in my last post regarding how very little "hell" is discussed in the Bible..

Blessings!
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.