Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 08:44 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
How many churches are there in the world that you have not "given a hearing", Mike? Would your short lifetime allow you to consider everything taught and believed in this world? Probably not. I have enough trouble keeping up with what is on my plate as it is - sure don't have time to study everything out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Those who truly seek the truth will be led by God to a church where they can learn Bible doctrine under a prepared pastor/teacher. I have presented several times on this forum a number of churches whose pastor/teachers are doctrinally oriented. Having found the pastor(s) right for me, there is no need to keep searching or giving other churches a hearing. I have presented those churches for the benefit of whoever wishes to give them a hearing. Those who aren't interested need not bother doing so.
And, therein, lies the biggest problem with you Mike. It's OK for you to have FOUND THE PASTOR(S) THAT ARE RIGHT FOR YOU...and yet, you CONDEMN everyone else for doing the same, simply because they disagree with the teaching you have come to believe and accept...and, just because YOU'VE come to believe and accept a certain teaching doesn't necessarily make it THE TRUTH anymore than what someone else has learned, which may be contrary to what you have learned, is THE TRUTH.

I have yet to see anyone on this forum that cannot support what they have come to believe and accept AS TRUTH biblically...which just reveals how contradictory scriptures really are when there are a multitude of doctrinal positions that can be found in them...and you are simply deluding yourself if you truly believe that there aren't...because there are...which is why we have a multitude of denominations.

You do understand how WRONG it is to condemn someone else for doing the very thing you have done, when they disagree with your accepted position...don't you???? Don't you??????????

Old 11-07-2011, 09:23 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
And, therein, lies the biggest problem with you Mike. It's OK for you to have FOUND THE PASTOR(S) THAT ARE RIGHT FOR YOU...and yet, you CONDEMN everyone else for doing the same, simply because they disagree with the teaching you have come to believe and accept...and, just because YOU'VE come to believe and accept a certain teaching doesn't necessarily make it THE TRUTH anymore than what someone else has learned, which may be contrary to what you have learned, is THE TRUTH.

I have yet to see anyone on this forum that cannot support what they have come to believe and accept AS TRUTH biblically...which just reveals how contradictory scriptures really are when there are a multitude of doctrinal positions that can be found in them...and you are simply deluding yourself if you truly believe that there aren't...because there are...which is why we have a multitude of denominations.

You do understand how WRONG it is to condemn someone else for doing the very thing you have done, when they disagree with your accepted position...don't you???? Don't you??????????
Accusations of condemnation are just that. Accusations. Those who do not accept Biblically revealed truth, are quick to attack those who stand in the truth. Everyone is born already under condemnation and on their way to hell, unless they respond to the gospel message. THAT is Biblically revealed truth.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:24 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So what you are saying is sit down listen to what I have to say or shut up because as you have already said you do not give a flying fig newton about what I have to say ? . I feel the same way about your beliefs and will not stop challenging and exposing what they are, for your sake and for any who are willing to hear.
What I am saying is present your views without getting personal. Many Universalists cannot seem to do this.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:37 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
What I am saying is present your views without getting personal. Many Universalists cannot seem to do this.
Your "idiot" comment was pretty personal on the other thread... Perhaps labeling it a universalist problem is deceptive on your part?

Just saying...

Hard to see when there's a plank in your eye..

Old 11-07-2011, 09:39 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
When a thread becomes not more than a battle of insulting each other the op must have been asked, answered and exhausted because this one is very off topic..

CLOSED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity