Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2011, 02:54 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yea....the problem is I have never met anyone who thinks hate is love etc, so I have to assume you just can't stand Christians in general. Otherwise you would not be misrepresenting them here like that.
They teach their neighbors and unforgiveness is a holy attribute, because God "cannot" forgive after this life. They teach that God hates and rejects the unbelievers for eternity, and that this is "loving" because God is love!

No wonder so few people believe the gospel message. The message is all wrong!

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-06-2011, 02:54 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Yea....the problem is I have never met anyone who thinks hate is love etc, so I have to assume you just can't stand Christians in general. Otherwise you would not be misrepresenting them here like that.
Finn, why do you frequently accuse UR believers of hating Christians? UR believers (in general) do hate the doctrine of ET. They do not hate Christians. Make the distinction.

I have met people who have love and hate confused. For example people who think it is right to literally beat their children into submission (they have been taught by some pastor that this is love), but we know it is actually child abuse. In the same way, there are "Christians" who believe that God's love is divorced from his justice and he must therefore allow a large number of souls to suffer in perpetual misery. This is in fact teaching that hate is love. It is insane, confusing, and non-sensical. But yet, there are people who cling (in terror) to such a teaching.

Last edited by Heartsong; 11-06-2011 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: Addition.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Finn, why do you frequently accuse UR believers of hating Christians? UR believers (in general) do hate the doctrine of ET. They do not hate Christians. Make the distinction.
Personally, I consider myself a "Christian." Unfortunately, the image associated with that label is not one of love, but of hate and intolerance....

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-06-2011, 03:00 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
They teach their neighbors and unforgiveness is a holy attribute, because God "cannot" forgive after this life. They teach that God hates and rejects the unbelievers for eternity, and that this is "loving" because God is love! No wonder so few people believe the gospel message. The message is all wrong!
No, they do not teach God cannot forgive, they teach God will forgive anyone who wants to be forgiven. The more you say, the more you prove I was right in my assessment about your resentment for Christians in general. You do not come here to preach God is love, you come here to preach that Christians are evil.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:04 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
No, that's a lie. If God tells us to "love," we need to know what love is. If God tells us to do right, we need to know what right is.

Otherwise He wouldn't have given us a brain.

So when someone tells you that "God loves you" you need to be clear by what you mean. If you mean that God loves you so much that He's willing to throw you in a lake of fire and leave you there for all eternity, then apparently love as we know it here on earth doesn't mean anything.

Blessings,
brian
Sooooooooooooo true, and this clarification for the sake of truth is desperately needed!

It really grates on my nerves when people use the quote about God's ways being "higher than our ways" to imply that he is "therefore, not as inclined toward mercy as we humans". When people turn that around, they are putting darkness for light once again. Ugh!

Old 11-06-2011, 03:14 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
No, they do not teach God cannot forgive, they teach God will forgive anyone who wants to be forgiven. The more you say, the more you prove I was right in my assessment about your resentment for Christians in general. You do not come here to preach God is love, you come here to preach that Christians are evil.
You believe God is holding the sin of the world against it, along with the rest of the fundamentalists,and the only way he will forgive is if you ask him too.

You do not believe His words of "Father forgive them for they know not what they do', proof enough that when the barbaric thugs nailed him to the cross, He was not holding it against them.

You also ignore the fact that God told us to forgive and not to be in unforgiveness towards any one, why ?, because this s the way he is,and wants us to be of the same mind , and of the same Spirit of Jesus Christ that uttered these wonderful words ON THE CROSS "Father FORGIVE THEM,for they know not what they do .

Old 11-06-2011, 03:17 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Let me ask you this. I'm a Christian and praise the Lord, I'm saved. I'm saved from what?
This UR stuff is just so far off the mark that it's hardly worth debating.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Sooooooooooooo true, and this clarification for the sake of truth is desperately needed!

It really grates on my nerves when people use the quote about God's ways being "higher than our ways" to imply that he is "therefore, not as inclined toward mercy as we humans". When people turn that around, they are putting darkness for light once again. Ugh!
You got it!

THIS is what deception is, folks! You don't need to look very far! If someone tells you that God "loves" you so much that He's going to send you to hell for eternity, then you know that you're dealing with deception!

And yet that's what they do! They say that God's love is "higher" than our love--- but it is not love at all. And they are the only ones who cannot see it!!

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-06-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Let me ask you this. I'm a Christian and praise the Lord, I'm saved. I'm saved from what?
This UR stuff is just so far off the mark that it's hardly worth debating.
Aisi,

You're saved in the sense that God has opened your heart to His Love. Not all people have that awareness yet.

That is what being saved is all about. You are a "first fruits" of His glory. What happened to you is a foretaste of what God has in store for the world. Salvation.

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-06-2011, 03:20 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You believe God is holding the sin of the world against it, along with the rest of the fundamentalists,and the only way he will forgive is if you ask him too.

You do not believe His words of "Father forgive them for they know not what they do', proof enough that when the barbaric thugs nailed him to the cross, He was not holding it against them.

You also ignore the fact that God told us to forgive and not to be in unforgiveness towards any one, why ?, because this s the way he is,and wants us to be of the same mind , and of the same Spirit of Jesus Christ that uttered these wonderful words ON THE CROSS "Father FORGIVE THEM,for they know not what they do .
There is no such things a s good 'bash a Christian party' without pcamps. Where are the rest? We only got three bashers here. Surely the rest will show up soon.

PS Don't tell me what I believe when you have spent two whole days proving you don't have a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity