Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 01:10 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,952,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
All denominational bashing in this thread will cease NOW or infractions will follow. C'mon folks, either respond to the OP or don't, but no bashing, okay?

~June
Hi June! So do you have a "denomination"? Just curious.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 01:11 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,093,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
This wasn't to be about the the inaccuracies of Millenniumism, it was about how we as Christians want to actively pronounce the saving message of what Jesus did before his second coming.

This was to be an encouragement for us Christians to speak the words of truth in a world that would rather not listen in the hope that some will indeed come to the saving truth.

Just curious twin.spin, what is your success rate in converting people by telling them about this great day of joy and terror?

And this is in an honest question, no sarcasm intended.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:11 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,917,441 times
Quote:
This wasn't to be about the the inaccuracies of Millenniumism, it was about how we as Christians want to actively pronounce the saving message of what Jesus did before his second coming.

This was to be an encouragement for us Christians to speak the words of truth in a world that would rather not listen in the hope that some will indeed come to the saving truth.

Jesus is the Saviour of all mankind and being in the hands of the living God is the best place anyone can be. Gods perfect love will cast out fear and any terror people might experience at the sight of God will be cast away.

I am encouraged by your OP to continue sharing the truth of the Good News.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:12 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,434,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
"A day of great joy or a day of great terror"...

That doesn't sound like good news.

How can one even have great joy knowing and witnessing all the great terror that will supposedly last an eternity?
For the believer it will be a great day of joy ... that is the good news. Just as it was for OT Israel when Passover originally took place... it was good news when that day finally arrived. However it was not good news for those who were not protected by the blood of the lamb. They experienced death ... it was terror.

For the believer ... Jesus is our Lamb whose blood will cover me. That is great news.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
For the believer it will be a great day of joy ... that is the good news. Just as it was for OT Israel when Passover originally took place... it was good news when that day finally arrived. However it was not good news for those who were not protected by the blood of the lamb. They experienced death ... it was terror.

For the believer ... Jesus is our Lamb whose blood will cover me. That is great news.
I'm having trouble understanding how you will have any joy knowing many are about to enter endless torments and terror.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:18 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,917,441 times
Quote:
I'm having trouble understanding how you will have any joy knowing many are about to enter endless torments and terror.

The way some believe and how I used to believe, Hell is already occupied by countless humans experiencing endless terror.

I can't say I actually ever believed, it, went along because that was how I was raised, however, at one point I figured if God has no problem with it, why should I and would even feel like justice was served.

That is why Twins tells me of the good news by saying I will never enter heaven. He has already shown that he wants me to suffer.

But that is also why I know that the test of that spirit towards me fails.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The way some believe and how I used to believe, Hell is already occupied by countless humans experiencing endless terror.

I can't say I actually ever believed, it, went along because that was how I was raised, however, at one point I figured if God has no problem with it, why should I and would even feel like justice was served.
Indeed, the concept is so unimaginable, if you really think about it, you pretty much have to block it out or go insane.

Quote:
That is why Twins tells me of the good news by saying I will never enter heaven. He has already shown that he wants me to suffer.

Good point.
Peace, joy, love, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Just curious twin.spin, what is your success rate in converting people by telling them about this great day of joy and terror?

And this is in an honest question, no sarcasm intended.
Then do not take this as sarcasm either....

Let me ask you in return about these examples from the Bible:

do you think Noah was successful or considered righteous?

The original passover that Moses was told that was going to happen that involved the angle of death ...
  • was it joyful to Israel
  • Why was it not a plague to Israel

Old 11-08-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Then do not take this as sarcasm either....

Let me ask you in return about these examples from the Bible:

do you think Noah was successful or considered righteous?

The original passover that Moses was told that was going to happen that involved the angle of death ...
  • was it joyful to Israel
  • Why was it not a plague to Israel
That does not answer the question.

Scripture calls Noah a righteous man. But the great flood is in no way comparable to endless torments in hell.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post

If you would have read carefully .. I only said you were not going to go to heaven because based on this supposed remedial process was over with that unbelievers will go through. The point was that using your logic .. even you can not say that there will be multiple occasions when Jesus says: 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world." .

Being that UR is supposedly true, then you're going to have to wait around before you get to heaven until every single person finally relents of their pervious beliefs .... nothing about Phazelwood in hell.

You concluded that.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

But that is not what this OP is about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity