U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-13-2011, 10:30 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,822 posts, read 9,743,985 times
Reputation: 1299

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe. (1 Thessalonians 2:13)


For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)


For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. (1 Peter 1:23)
That is interesting you mentioned Hebrews 4:12 and 1 Peter 1:23.... thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-14-2011, 12:49 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,533,608 times
Reputation: 1579
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
)


For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)
Obviously this is referring to Jesus Christ, not the bible. Ask Jesus if you do not believe it.

He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. - Revelation 19:13

Last edited by Heartsong; 11-14-2011 at 12:52 AM.. Reason: Addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2011, 04:41 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
57,956 posts, read 31,478,839 times
Reputation: 9300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
You can believe whatever you want to, Katie. I don't condemn you for saying you believe the bible is the word of God. However, there is a certain group of Christians who do condemn those who do not believe that the bible is the Word of God. Jesus Christ IS the LIVING WORD. The bible has errors and some crazy stuff in it as well. Only a person with a Pharisee spirit would dare to condemn people for whom Christ died over this disagreement. There was a time when I repeated like a parrot that the bible is the word of God. I have grown in wisdom since that time and I now understand why it is wrong to insist on such a thing. But for those who are looking to exclude as many people from their circle as they can, they will continue to think of themselves as "superior", "closer to God", "better than others", "special to God", etc... They will continue in this delusion for as long as they want to. The self-righteous delusion is apparent to those who have been through the fire and to the valley of the skull (so to speak). Some people have not yet had enough suffering to be humbled. Fortunately, that is not my problem. So glad I'm not God!
Do you know something about God or spirituality which is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that cannot be found in the Bible (NT or OT)?

A lot of people here argue that the Bible is not the word of God, but none of those people has been able to name a single thing. If there are no such things, then it means everything you know about God came from the Bible, and that would make it rather hard for you to argue it is not the world of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2011, 04:42 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
57,956 posts, read 31,478,839 times
Reputation: 9300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
The Catholics have some books you do not read. And there are other "lost gospels" and "dead sea scrolls". I assume you are only including the authorized King James list in your approved books, though. Right? And of course, there are some things the Word of God did that were not written down.
Can you name some?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2011, 05:02 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,533,608 times
Reputation: 1579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Do you know something about God or spirituality which is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that cannot be found in the Bible (NT or OT)?

A lot of people here argue that the Bible is not the word of God, but none of those people has been able to name a single thing. If there are no such things, then it means everything you know about God came from the Bible, and that would make it rather hard for you to argue it is not the world of God.
Yes, Finn. I know a lot of things that the Spirit of God has taught me that are not in the Bible. However, I do not go about trying to teach them to others. That is for the Holy Spirit to do as He will, with Whom He will, whenever He will. You of all people I can think of would I not even share the deep things of God with. Why? Because your entire attitude is jaded and wrong. Until that changes, I doubt you'll be receiving much of anything because you obviously already think you know it all. From what I can observe, you are in a very negative spiritual condition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLgcE...feature=fvwrel

Last edited by Heartsong; 11-14-2011 at 05:08 AM.. Reason: Addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2011, 05:29 AM
 
Location: East Coast
29,786 posts, read 19,766,246 times
Reputation: 2073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yes, Finn. I know a lot of things that the Spirit of God has taught me that are not in the Bible. However, I do not go about trying to teach them to others. That is for the Holy Spirit to do as He will, with Whom He will, whenever He will. You of all people I can think of would I not even share the deep things of God with. Why? Because your entire attitude is jaded and wrong. Until that changes, I doubt you'll be receiving much of anything because you obviously already think you know it all. From what I can observe, you are in a very negative spiritual condition.


"Woe to you, Scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites!" - YouTube
God as speaks to us in various ways . Hebrews 1:1

I would not even attempt to answer such a question, the question asked is of the same spirit that said "if thou be".


He thinks the bible is Life giving , when Jesus said otherwise, you think that is ,but you are dead wrong ,for I AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2011, 05:46 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
57,956 posts, read 31,478,839 times
Reputation: 9300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yes, Finn. I know a lot of things that the Spirit of God has taught me that are not in the Bible. However, I do not go about trying to teach them to others. That is for the Holy Spirit to do as He will, with Whom He will, whenever He will. You of all people I can think of would I not even share the deep things of God with. Why? Because your entire attitude is jaded and wrong. Until that changes, I doubt you'll be receiving much of anything because you obviously already think you know it all. From what I can observe, you are in a very negative spiritual condition.
LOL So, you do not have any examples. Why don't you just say so, as opposed to trying to turn a simple question into critisizm, and personal remarks about me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2011, 05:50 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
57,956 posts, read 31,478,839 times
Reputation: 9300
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He thinks the bible is Life giving , when Jesus said otherwise, you think that is ,but you are dead wrong ,for I AM.
Life giving? Really? I think that? That's interesting. But what does it mean?

Yes, pcamps you are one of those people who claim Bible is not the word of God, yet you have failed to give an answer to the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2011, 06:11 AM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
2,705 posts, read 2,487,697 times
Reputation: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
No, this makes no sense because God doesn't breathe.
How do you think He made Adam a living soul?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2011, 06:22 AM
 
1,263 posts, read 1,037,105 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Obviously this is referring to Jesus Christ, not the bible. Ask Jesus if you do not believe it.

He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. - Revelation 19:13


The passage you quoted was
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, IT penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; IT judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)


Jesus (or God) was NEVER referred to as an IT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:57 PM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top