Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 06:10 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
We who are born again do experience the Spirit moving through us like a wind as Jesus said He would. Supernatural. All who have the True Testimony of Jesus, not just the philosophical appreciation of Him experience the same. It is written, "We carry about the treasure [of eternal life] in earthen vessels because His is the Power and the Glory of a New Birth in our spirits."

Just what Jesus have you been talking about? The good philosophical one or the one of who gives Power and Gory to be like Him and to follow Him? I would say take Him at His Word, "Marvel not, you must be born again."
The Holy spirit IS within us all and IS moving to nurture and comfort us as we develop and mature spiritually as the "begotten" (born of God) "embryo Spirits" that WILL be the "New Births" upon our baptism of death and rebirth as Spirit . . . like Christ. I have met God in deep meditation . . . so I have no doubt or confusion about His character or motives, period. Our task is to be justified and sanctified under the love of Christ by following His commands to "love God and each other," period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 07:28 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,861,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
I was asking JAA for his opinion.
And I was giving mine...JAA does not give opinions...He gives Logical and Reasonable answers which are from deep Logical and reasonable study of the Word...

Old 11-21-2011, 07:29 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,139,375 times
no its faith, repentance forgiveness reformation, progress and probation. then regeneration.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kids in america_ View Post
And genuine faith is doing. If you believe that Jesus is your Lord and Master, why don’t you do what he says? You see that? Faith is doing.
And how do you not know that Jerwade is NOT doing?...Faith is not action...Faith is believing without seeing...Loving is doing...

Old 11-21-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
No, faith comes before regeneration. It is the walking in this faith that, though it doesn't author regeneration it does facilitate it.
You would not say that if you really knew what regeneration meant...

Old 11-21-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I agree.

“ God is spirit…” (Joh 4:24).

"…The words that I have spoken to you are spirit…” (Joh 6:63).

" Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit that is from God, so that we may understand the gifts bestowed on us by God.

And we speak of these things in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual things to those who are spiritual.

Those who are unspiritual do not receive the gifts of God's Spirit, for they are foolishness to them, and they are unable to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. " (1 Cor 2:12-14).
And what state are the unspiritual in?...And what state are the spiritual in?...

Old 11-21-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Faith precedes regeneration. To be regenerated is to be born again. Your last post was dead on. Faith is doing.

Katie
And you must be born again or born from above in order to understand the Gospel and have Faith in it and Jeshua...John 3:3 says 'If a man is not born from above he is incapable of understanding the word of Hawyaw...

Old 11-21-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Yes faith comes before regeneration. We are justified by faith. You cannot be regenerated or born again without faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God. God wouldn't regenerate someone He wasn't pleased with.

Thanks Sunny.

Katie
No, with out being born from above you are incapable of understanding the Word of Yawyaw...As a result of regeneration your eyes are open and then you believe and have Faith...Faith is simply believing...If I were you, Katie, I would examine myself to acertain that I am truely in the faith...

Old 11-21-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Faith comes from ‘god’. Regeneration comes from ‘god’. Katie really it’s all one and the same thing. These things come from ‘god’. ‘God’ is ONE [Deu 6:4]. In my honest opinion it doesn’t matter which one come before the other. Because everything is heading in one direction to accomplish one goal. The goal is to change the carnal image of man into the spiritual image of ‘god’. Faith and regeneration both involves a change of life.
No, it is to accomplish Hawyaw's Gloriy...We are not the reason for the season...

Old 11-21-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Yes it does make a difference. Those who believe regeneration/born again precedes faith are grossly misunderstanding scripture. These calvinists believe that we are so totally depraved that we are incapable of choosing God.

I agree that God draws us to Him, but not by the direct operation of the Holy Spirit separate and apart from the word. That limits the power of God. It is the same as saying the gospel isn't powerful enough to convict a person and give them the faith needed to respond to the gospel. We are told in Romans 1:16 that the gospel is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes. Also see Eph. 1:13 the gospel of your salvation.

Faith comes by hearing the word of God. Romans 10:17.
We do not get faith by the direct operation of the Holy Spirit.

So do you believe that God didn't give us a gospel powerful enough to save us?

Katie
I really have an issue with folks who take part of a Scripture verse to attempt to prove their point...

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation to everyone believing, both to Jew first, and to Greek;

The Gospel is the power unto Salvation ONLY for those that believe...

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Heard it, believed it, were sealed...Where is regeneration in there?...

Rom 10:17 Then faith is of hearing, and hearing through the Word of God.

You forgot the rest of it...Hearing comes by the Word of Hawyaw...The same Word that spoke the Universe into existence...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity