Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 06:20 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
God calls the things that are not as though they are. He is the righteousness of all men.
It seems that you have the same problem with this as those who believe in eternal torment have with all will be saved.

The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon;
planted in the house of the LORD, they will flourish in the courts of our God.

The righteousness in the unbeliever which is given of God is hidden by unbelief.
Those who believe and more importantly know they been declared righteous by God flourish. For as a man thinks in his heart, SO IS HE.

Do not judge by appearance.
Yes, the righteous will flourish like a palm tree and grow like the cedars. But that doesn't mean all of us are righteous now.

Pcamps you say that unbelief is hiding belief. Darkness cannot hinder light. If something is dark it is because it hasn't been given the light.

Again, though along the same lines. If all are forgiven then why would people be in unbelief? You see all are forgiven IN CHRIST only. That is why eventualliy all will be IN Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 06:33 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I believe that Abraham received Christ and therefore was without sin by Christ. But Abraham had nothing good of himself. Any good he was - was OWNED by Christ. This is the part you don't seem to get. ONLY Christ is righteous. He must come into us and put down sin in our own flesh to save us and even then it is HIS works making us righteous by subverting our flesh and allowing His work to prosper through us.

You continue to preach that the Good is already in us awaiting to be revealed. This is completely contradictory to the scriptures. All GOOD Things come from ABOVE - not from within. Did you not notice that the Holy Spirit DESCENDED upon Jesus?
You continue to preach your worm theology.What you are not getting trettep is how God see's.God does not see us how you do. God see Himself in all, so do I,this way I treat people as God. The OT scripture is full of references of the righteous being righteous, you are basing your whole belief on what you are reading in Romans 3. The righteousness that changes our lives,is knowing you have been declared righteousness by God through the knowledge of the forgiveness of sin, it is not a belief, it is a life changing revelation of what God has done and declared.

Life changing salvation comes through the knowledge that YOU ARE forgiven.

to give his people the knowledge of salvation
***through the forgiveness of their sins, Luke 1:77

Whatsoever you do unto these you did unto me.Love your neighbor as yourself, well who is myself ?,How I see Who and what God says I AM,is how I will see and be to my neighbor.

Last edited by june 7th; 11-16-2011 at 06:43 AM..

Old 11-16-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Yes, the righteous will flourish like a palm tree and grow like the cedars. But that doesn't mean all of us are righteous now.

Pcamps you say that unbelief is hiding belief. Darkness cannot hinder light. If something is dark it is because it hasn't been given the light.

Again, though along the same lines. If all are forgiven then why would people be in unbelief? You see all are forgiven IN CHRIST only. That is why eventualliy all will be IN Christ.
Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are good, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are bad, your body also is full of darkness.

It is a "how you see" issue. As a man thinks(see's) in his heart so is he.

We are led to believe a lie when we see with,not through the eye .Blake

Old 11-16-2011, 06:39 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
You continue to preach your worm theology.What you are not getting trettep is how God see's.God does not see us how you do. God see Himself in all, so do I,this way I treat people as God. The OT scripture is full of references of the righteous being righteous, you are basing your whole belief on what you are reading in Romans 3. The righteousness that changes our lives,is knowing you have been declared righteousness by God through the knowledge of the forgiveness of sin, it is not a belief, it is a life changing revelation.

Life changing salvation comes through the knowledge that YOU ARE forgiven.

to give his people the knowledge of salvation
***through the forgiveness of their sins, Luke 1:77

Whatsoever you do unto these you did unto me.Love your neighbor as yourself, well who is myself ?,How I see Who and what God says I AM,is how I will see and be to my neighbor.
So God forgave everyone but didn't make us righteous at the same time? Because if I'm not righteous then I would have to look at others as myself - not righteous.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
But if that is the case, then what your saying is that I'm forgiven but still hold a curse. For why would I still need to go through a process to be made righteous if your saying I'm already forgiven?

Brian, I'm trying to show you how to question what pcamps is preaching here. Because there is error in it.
Because if you believe you are declared righteous by God, the process is being rooted and established in it, then growth in it and yielding a harvest in due time.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
So God forgave everyone but didn't make us righteous at the same time? Because if I'm not righteous then I would have to look at others as myself - not righteous.
The acknowledgement of it is the effectiveness of it.

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. Philemon 1:6

The reason we judge and condemn our neighbor as unrighteous is because we do not believe and know we are righteous ourselves.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Trettep you seem to have a lot to say about how bad you think man is,how bad the carnal nature is, and disaster,floods,earthquakes and evil coming from the hand of God. To me there is something very wrong with this,and most of what you saying is supported by few scriptures and isolated scripture. Your focus is on the wrong thing, in fact to dwell on such stuff is carnal and will manifest in your life.

Got to go for a couple of hours, will be back later.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:30 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
But if that is the case, then what your saying is that I'm forgiven but still hold a curse. For why would I still need to go through a process to be made righteous if your saying I'm already forgiven?

Brian, I'm trying to show you how to question what pcamps is preaching here. Because there is error in it.
Quote:
Brian the link is knowing it that is our salvation. I rejoice and I'm glad because I know that I AM forgiven.

Blessed are the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance.

To know that YOU ARE forgiven is the joyful sound, it is music to the ear, and knowing it you walk in the Light of His countenance.

HALLELUJAH if this does not make you sore in to the heavens, what will it take ?
Here's what I read in scripture:
Romans 5.18-19:

"[SIZE=2]Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. [/SIZE]" This verse (can be read in context to expand the idea) declares to me that God, through the man Jesus Christ, has given "justification of life" unto all men, sinner or not.

"[SIZE=2]For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.[/SIZE]" This verse tells me that all men will be made righteous, just as all men were made sinners. It is a process, and not yet completed.

There's more, but the verse doesn't come to me at the moment.

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-16-2011, 08:32 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:

The reason we judge and condemn our neighbor as unrighteous is because we do not believe and know we are righteous ourselves.
I think you've hit on something very profound, my friend..

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-16-2011, 08:52 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
The acknowledgement of it is the effectiveness of it.

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. Philemon 1:6

Well, God's word does not agree with what you are saying in this thread.....

There is NO righteousness in the man/woman who walk and practice sin as the scripture below describe.... and they will not inherit the Kingdom of God, nor can they see the Kingdom of God, unless they repent, become born again in Christ Jesus, the Savior of this world of darkness, unrighteousness....

God does NOT LIE !!

Revelation 21:27
And nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Cor.6:9-11
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Revelation 21:7-8
7 He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.
8 But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

There are some here who spread heresy, false teaching and they have corrupt the word of God..... stay in the word and the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth, showing you the deception of these false teachers who corrupt the precious word, truth of God.... amen !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity