Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 02:07 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Yes, for all of you who think that God just can't change man's stubborn heart that God Himself made, take a hike up a big hill or mountain. Then look down upon the cities below, and see how miniscule sinful man is. Take a look around at the clouds, the stars, the immensity of all that surrounds you.
Well, how about instead of taking a hike to a mountain for that, why not just buy self a mirror?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 02:08 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Why can't you gals just admit that you're no better than anyone else???

Blessings,
brian
See there is that lying spirit.... it lies to you in heart and mind and creates in you jealousy, envy, etc. and then because you are listening to it, you turn and falsely accuse individuals....

That is why you stated what you did in your post above, so sad, Brian !! Do hope one day you will repent and turn to the Lord Jesus from such awful lies !!!

Old 11-16-2011, 02:11 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Well, how about instead of taking a hike to a mountain for that, why not just buy self a mirror?
Well, the reason is because sometimes we need to look at our lives from a position "higher up" to see just how tiny we all are. Looking in the mirror, we sometimes think of ourselves as bigger than we really are.

Taking a plane is the ultimate. Or travelling in a rocket ship, if we had the money...

Point is, we're small. Really, really, really small. And we forget that God is truly GOD, and that He can do with us just what He wants to. Some people say that God "doesn't force Himself on anyone." -But then they add that God forces people into hell. So that theory's out the door.

God does indeed force Himself on us. And I think it's better that He does, for our sakes!!

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-16-2011, 02:14 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
God does not force anyone into HELL, sin condemns man to HELL !!

Old 11-16-2011, 02:15 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
But Christ came to save all men. Is Christ's salvation more powerful than man's sin?

Old 11-16-2011, 02:20 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Originally Posted by Verna Perry
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

many will not...and they will perish....without Him.

"...whosoever believeth..." will. and not just by stating so with lip service and then going out and occasionally committing willfull sin, thinking God is somehow "O.K." with that, (because He is not, "O.K." with it at all).

One cannot walk in the Spirit and walk in the flesh at the same time. One cannot serve two masters at one time. One cannot be "lukewarm"...cold one day and hot the other, this is called "lukewarm", and God will spew a lukewarm person out of His mouth.

You are either a child of God or a child of the devil...one cannot be both at one time. Thus saith the LORD God.

Bottom line legoman, ALL people will not be saved from perishing altogether...separated from Him for eternity.

Love,
Verna.

p.s. I missed you too...

..."If God could save everyone, why doesn't He?"...

God is omnipresent...faithfully waiting for those who WILL CHOOSE HIM to be their God...there is a "choice " to be made here by the individual, and MANY will not CHOOSE Him to be their God, and He will not be their God...and He will choose not to bring them into His Kingdom just for that.

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15.

...and the way you truly "choose" God is by your actions and your words...to belong to a Holy God, you must be holy...pure in thought and actions...a new creation...re-born...turned AWAY! from sin forever...there is no middle ground...no compromise....no justification for living a life in sin...they will not enter His Kingdom...sin will not enter in.

Love,
Verna.

"Get rid of the foreign gods you have with you, and purify yourselves and change your clothes." Genesis 35:2.
Verna, this is simply the "god" of "free will" being stronger that the true God of the bible. The fact of the matter is that no one chooses to follow God, UNTIL God lays it on their heart to do so, and then indeed that person WILL choose to follow God. That is how it works!

Saul chose to persecute Christians UNTIL God laid it on his heart and appeared boldly to show him his error, and then what could Saul/Paul do but choose to follow Christ?

That is how God works in us all.

That is why God will achieve His will and desire to save all people.

That's why it truly is good news for all.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
(picking up where Legoman left off..)

Or is man's sin more powerful than God??

CM, tell me: Did God make the entire universe: the planets, the comets, the stars.... and all things that make up our world: plants, animals, seas, lands, people...?

What prevents God from saving all mankind? Why is God unable to defeat man (according to you)?

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-16-2011, 02:24 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Why can't you gals just admit that you're no better than anyone else???

Blessings,
brian
..it isn't "who" I am, or "what" I have done that makes me better than anyone else...it's the choices I've made by the power of the Spirit of God that dwells within me...it's my heart...the one that beats inside of my chest that yearns to be all I can be for my God...my Creator...my King......and because He knows my heart...and because He knows me, and He knows I know Him...intimately...and because He knows "we"... "Him and I"...have a right relationship based upon Spirit and Truth, definitely puts me at odds with those who's heart is not all out for God, who's choices are for self...waiting for God to come and do AGAIN what He has already accomplished...only has not been received...simply obvious by the false beliefs they hang on to and preach to others. Very unfortunate...but not my responsibility...we are all responsible for our selves...we will stand alone before Him on That Day....no one to blame but ourselves.

Love,
Verna.

...and I missed you to Brian...

Old 11-16-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
..it isn't "who" I am, or "what" I have done that makes me better than anyone else...it's the choices I've made by the power of the Spirit of God that dwells within me...it's my heart...the one that beats inside of my chest that yearns to be all I can be for my God...my Creator...my King......and because He knows my heart...and because He knows me, and He knows I know Him...intimately...and because He knows "we"... "Him and I"...have a right relationship based upon Spirit and Truth, definitely puts me at odds with those who's heart is not all out for God, who's choices are for self...waiting for God to come and do AGAIN what He has already accomplished...only has not been received...simply obvious by the false beliefs they hang on to and preach to others. Very unfortunate...but not my responsibility...we are all responsible for our selves...we will stand alone before Him on That Day....no one to blame but ourselves.

Love,
Verna.

...and I missed you to Brian...
(glad to see you're back, Verna! )

Did God give you a new heart? Or was your old heart able to choose Christ on its own? My guess is that your desire to serve Him was given to you, and that you didn't have it before you were saved.

If there is any praise to be had in the heart of sinful man, then man is not completely sinful. But, since I believe man was made "totally sinful," I can't find any part of man's heart that is "wise" and "righteous" to choose God.

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-16-2011, 02:37 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,507 times
Quote:
Or is man's sin more powerful than God??
Yes in this world as it is, man's incorrect thoughts (& related feelings & behavior) have shown to be more powerful than love (God)...
*Deaths by War and Oppression during the 20th Century: 203 million
Twentieth Century Atlas - Worldwide Statistics of Casualties, Massacres, Disasters and Atrocities.
*Suicide kills more than war.
*Number of abortions per year: Approximately 42,000,000
Abortion Statistics

Quote:
CM, tell me: Did God make the entire universe: the planets, the comets, the stars.... and all things that make up our world: plants, animals, seas, lands, people...?

What prevents God from saving all mankind? Why is God unable to defeat man (according to you)?
God wouldn't want to defeat man because God is love.
God/love/ultimate truth & good - is aware of the big picture & knows that the only way we can progress if we're allowed to screw up... So God's pure love (wanting what's best for us in the eternal perspective) is what keeps God from "saving" us from immediate discomforts caused by our own & others' actions.

Ahigherway - as your name inspires, there is a higher way of thinking & seeing & behaving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity