Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 02:14 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,003,420 times

Advertisements

I took a hike but it didn't change my mind. OBL is still going to hell. So are a lot of other people. What's the point of having Hell and torturing souls until infinity if you're not going to use it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 02:15 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,626,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
wOO hOO, welcome back our precious sista in the Lord Jesus !!

You are such a light, blessing, and encouragment to this forum... amen
Thank you Munchkin, it's truly good to be back...I missed being on the board teaching the truth of God's Holy Word to a lost, dying world...with the hope that at least one......one......would recieve it and believe it... and show it by the fruits of their actions and words...in how they conduct themselves throughout their daily lives, living a life free from commiting willfull sin...a true, believing, lover of our God...a true child of our God.

....and thank you for your very kind words....I want to be a light that shines in the this deep darkness...the desire of my heart is be a voice for God and lead faithfull, Christ-seeking souls to Him in Spirit and in Truth. It is why He created me...it is my purpose.

I love you.....

Love,
Verna.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:15 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,084,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
I took a hike but it didn't change my mind. OBL is still going to hell. So are a lot of other people. What's the point of having Hell and torturing souls until infinity if you're not going to use it?
Interesting viewpoint - are you serious?

Old 11-16-2011, 02:25 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,626,050 times
Originally Posted by Verna Perry
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

many will not...and they will perish....without Him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Amen.

Still doesn't change the fact that God will save all people!
"...whosoever believeth..." will. and not just by stating so with lip service and then going out and occasionally committing willfull sin, thinking God is somehow "O.K." with that, (because He is not, "O.K." with it at all).

One cannot walk in the Spirit and walk in the flesh at the same time. One cannot serve two masters at one time. One cannot be "lukewarm"...cold one day and hot the other, this is called "lukewarm", and God will spew a lukewarm person out of His mouth.

You are either a child of God or a child of the devil...one cannot be both at one time. Thus saith the LORD God.

Bottom line legoman, ALL people will not be saved from perishing altogether...separated from Him for eternity.

Love,
Verna.

p.s. I missed you too...

Old 11-16-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Love,
Verna.

p.s. I missed you too...
Hey I missed you too! Hope all is well, we will just disagree as usual, but maybe we can agree that God is glorious. Be well...

Old 11-16-2011, 02:30 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,476,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post

You do realize that there is context to you quote that you seem to be ignoring.

Does the Bible really say this or are you just ignoring the parts you don't like? You know, the context.
Not to worry.

UR folk don't need context when contructing their theology. Context just messes things up.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:30 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,336,315 times
Quote:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

"...whosoever believeth..." will. and not just by stating so with lip service and then going out and occasionally committing willfull sin, thinking God is somehow "O.K." with that, (because He is not, "O.K." with it at all).

One cannot walk in the Spirit and walk in the flesh at the same time. One cannot serve two masters at one time. One cannot be "lukewarm"...cold one day and hot the other, this is called "lukewarm", and God will spew a lukewarm person out of His mouth.

You are either a child of God or a child of the devil...one cannot be both at one time. Thus saith the LORD God.

Bottom line legoman, ALL people will not be saved from perishing altogether...separated from Him for eternity.

Love,
Verna.

p.s. I missed you too...
Verna,
I hate to repeat myself, but... the verses you quote have nothing to do with man's free will.

Did Lazarus have to decide whether to be raised from the dead?

Can a dead person choose Christ? Of course not!

Is mankind "dead?" YES! Mankind is dead in sin! That means that mankind cannot hear the message without God's direct intervention.

Here's the really good part:

"18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. 19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous." Rom. 5

God is turning it all around...

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-16-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:

Love,
Verna.

p.s. I missed you too...

Verna, here is the question to ponder:

If God can save everyone, why doesn't He?

Old 11-16-2011, 02:32 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,909,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Cute!

The life-preserver analogy is so "lame." Can you imagine? God makes the entire universe, with all its beauty and power. Then He makes man in His own image, and blesses him; Then man falls into death and suffering.
So what does God do? He throws out a life-preserver!!

Blessings,
brian

Yeah, it probably has "SS Minnow" written on it.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Not to worry.

UR folk don't need context when contructing their theology. Context just messes things up.
Mr5150, have you considered that it is your context that is messed up? Most ETers context boils down to this: "if you don't believe the right thing, you are going to suffer forever, and God can't save you because of your own free will".

When perhaps the real context is this: "God is powerful, God is love, God is bringing us all to a place of humility, repentance, and salvation."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity