U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-20-2011, 04:44 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,051,435 times
Reputation: 17783

Advertisements

For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. (Rom.5:7)

People really do not understand genuine selfless love...... that is why the Father sent His Son !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-20-2011, 04:49 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,401,265 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. (Rom.5:7)
Do you even understand what that means???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 04:52 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,051,435 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Do you even understand what that means???
Yup, how about you ???

That is why I made the statement.....
"People really do not understand genuine selfless love...... that is why the Father sent His Son !!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 10:03 AM
 
17,844 posts, read 8,918,122 times
Reputation: 1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. (Rom.5:7)

People really do not understand genuine selfless love...... that is why the Father sent His Son !!!
He demonstrates his own love for us in this:

"While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

For when we were his enemies (unholy), we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son,
how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! (Romans 5:10)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,578,671 times
Reputation: 1584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He demonstrates his own love for us in this:

"While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

For when we were his enemies (unholy), we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son,
how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! (Romans 5:10)
S c a n d a l o u s G r a c e !


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 02:21 PM
 
17,844 posts, read 8,918,122 times
Reputation: 1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
S c a n d a l o u s G r a c e !
"How disgraceful, love is a stumbling block for trapping those in unbelief."


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 02:35 PM
 
1,263 posts, read 1,046,675 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"How disgraceful, love is a stumbling block for trapping those in unbelief."



The crucified Christ is a stumbling block to the Jews and the crucified Christ is foolishness to others...

but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, (1 Cor. 1:23)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 02:39 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,051,435 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
The crucified Christ is a stumbling block to the Jews and the crucified Christ is foolishness to others...

but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, (1 Cor. 1:23)
Amen.... saved33 !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 02:50 PM
 
17,844 posts, read 8,918,122 times
Reputation: 1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
The crucified Christ is a stumbling block to the Jews and the crucified Christ is foolishness to others...

but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, (1 Cor. 1:23)
Indeed, the act or practice of assigning blame to another, as to deflect attention or responsibility away from oneself is foolishness.
Instead, we should be comprehending his ultimate love and grace towards all humanity, including those who "Crucify him" daily for their sin.

Last edited by Jerwade; 11-20-2011 at 03:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2011, 03:15 PM
 
1,263 posts, read 1,046,675 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Indeed, the act or practice of assigning blame to another, as to deflect attention or responsibility away from oneself is foolishness.
Instead, we should be comprehending his ultimate love and grace towards all humanity, including those who Crucified him!

Where is the Apostle Paul 'blaming' the Jews or gentiles for their disbelief in the crucified Christ?

Paul is stating the fact that there are unbelievers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top