Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 11:31 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
They of the O.T. went to Paradise where the thief went. There are 3 Heavenly places: The Kingdom of Heaven within, Paradise, and the 3rd Heaven. We if alive at the time of His return and they shall be caught up together to the higher place that Christ spoke of which until Him no man had assended to or was able to dwell in completely while here on the earth. But Christ did. That place is the 3rd Heaven.
Nope, sorry garya, but there is no where in the entire O.T. that people went to a paradise when they died. They went to Sheol which is the Hebrew term for Tomb or Grave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 01:41 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Nope, sorry garya, but there is no where in the entire O.T. that people went to a paradise when they died. They went to Sheol which is the Hebrew term for Tomb or Grave.
Nope, sorry Eusebius. It is called Paradise and it is Paradise for all those who have died in the Lord. The grave is just for the body and to be "absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." You offer nothing of the Hope that Jesus does. The born again person within will never die, only the body.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:20 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,352 times
Quote:
Nope, modeerf, that won't work. Peter was not talking about Jesus being Quickened at the transfiguration. Here is the context:

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached (lit. heralds) unto the spirits in prison;
(1Pe 3:18-19)

Did you see that in the bold part? It is talking about Jesus dying and then after He was made alive (three days after) He went to the spirits in prison
I was saying that Jesus was Quickened when He was Transfigured. That is what quickening is. The Spirit reigns over the flesh, thereby the flesh doesn't decay.
It is why Jesus could lay his life down and take it up. It is godhood, where you can create and move matter. Like multiplying fishes and bread. Or mending a broken persons body.

It says by the quickening was he able to visit the prisoners. Jesus took His body where he desired, he wasn't limited to physical constraints after his Transfiguration. It is why he was able add the necessary ingredients to the water, in order to make wine, and convey himself away when people wanted to seize or kill him before His time.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:37 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are wrong . . . Yes He did. You are misrepresenting the word entos by trying to separate it into its roots. That is disingenuous and deceptive. It means "inside you" or "within you." There is no confusion or ambiguity about it. Wrong . . . not even close . . . the phrase "come unto you" is not remotely related to entos . . . it is phthanō epi hymas
I'm with you on this...I've studied this extensively and Jesus most certainly did teach that the Kingdom is found WITHIN US...I've experienced it, so the teaching can't be refuted. It also makes perfect rational sense that he would tell the Pharisees this...for they thought they were needed in order for others to get into the Kingdom. He was simply letting them know that they were mistaken and others could find the Kingdom without them...I also think he was letting them know how they could also enter in...which was a completely route from what they had been taught.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
I was saying that Jesus was Quickened when He was Transfigured. That is what quickening is. The Spirit reigns over the flesh, thereby the flesh doesn't decay.
It is why Jesus could lay his life down and take it up. It is godhood, where you can create and move matter. Like multiplying fishes and bread. Or mending a broken persons body.

It says by the quickening was he able to visit the prisoners. Jesus took His body where he desired, he wasn't limited to physical constraints after his Transfiguration. It is why he was able add the necessary ingredients to the water, in order to make wine, and convey himself away when people wanted to seize or kill him before His time.

Are you talking about the mount of transfiguration? If so, that is not when He was quickened. He was only quickened (brought back to life) after He died and three days later was quickened.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Nope, sorry Eusebius. It is called Paradise and it is Paradise for all those who have died in the Lord. The grave is just for the body and to be "absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." You offer nothing of the Hope that Jesus does. The born again person within will never die, only the body.
Nope, sorry garya but it doesn't say: "absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." Read it again in the bible.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Are you talking about the mount of transfiguration? If so, that is not when He was quickened. He was only quickened (brought back to life) after He died and three days later was quickened.
The Quickening is when you die to the fleshly lusts, and live according to the spirit. It is the transformation or transfiguration of one's physical to spiritual. Physical death is not necessary for one who is quickened, though many end up martyr's, which is in line with, there is no greater love than to lay one's life down for a friend.

2Ti 4:1 ¶ I charge [thee] therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

1Pe 4:5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
1Pe 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:24 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I'm with you on this...I've studied this extensively and Jesus most certainly did teach that the Kingdom is found WITHIN US...I've experienced it, so the teaching can't be refuted. It also makes perfect rational sense that he would tell the Pharisees this...for they thought they were needed in order for others to get into the Kingdom. He was simply letting them know that they were mistaken and others could find the Kingdom without them...I also think he was letting them know how they could also enter in...which was a completely route from what they had been taught.
So I'm guessing then that you and Mystic believe the kingdom is here right now; instead of a future kingdom when the King returns?

If so then what do you do with Christ's words here?

Mt 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
So I'm guessing then that you and Mystic believe the kingdom is here right now; instead of a future kingdom when the King returns?

If so then what do you do with Christ's words here?

Mt 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Heaven on Earth.

His Kingdom is there, and He'd like it to be Here again. As it was in the beginning.

Heaven really means expansion... His Kingdom is expanding, and earth will get there one day. Certainly during the Millenial reign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity