Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2011, 05:49 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
How can people feel justified in telling other people that they don't know God? I can't think of a single much more presumptuous statement.
Thank you my friend

Fortunately for me, and us all really, Verna does not speak for God.

In fact, she doesn't act as though she's even made his aquaintence. So I would not be too worried about what she says.

Oh to be sure, she is entitled to her misguided opinions.

I am reminded of the lines from Shakespeare...

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Last edited by lovesMountains; 11-26-2011 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: spelling :)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 09:04 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,763,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Every death is because of sin. Without Adam's sin no one would die. That is the point, which some people here fail to grasp (willingly).

Yes, another way to say it would be that death exists because of original sin. A 2 year old baby's body can die because death exists, the original sin brought on the ability do die, it brought death to life on earth. A 2 year old baby doesn't die specifically because of sin the baby committed or that the baby is sinful. Death doesn't happen because of original sin it exists because of original sin. Another words the baby didn't get sick or have an accident because of sin, although sickness was brought on by the act of original sin.

It is not a sin that is willigly committed nor is it a sin that is committed out of ignorance. It is just a part of life because the original sin by Adam, Eve and the serpent or beast in the garden changed life as it was meant to be. I don't think it is what God really wanted in the first place but that is another thread topic.

Last edited by Lolipopbubbles; 11-27-2011 at 10:00 AM..

Old 11-27-2011, 12:14 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Fortunately for me, and us all really, Verna does not speak for God.

In fact, she doesn't act as though she's even made his aquaintence.
Ups, you just made the most presumptuous statement Katzpur can think of.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-27-2011 at 01:35 PM..

Old 11-27-2011, 12:35 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
Ups, you just made the most presumptuous statement Katzput can think of.
Yes Finn_Jarber, I thought the very same thing when I read it.

That's alright though, because God knows which of the three of us honors His word, obeys His comands, and no longer practices willfull sin. He knows my name, He knows me...and I know Him...I am a child of God...\o/...Praise His Holy Name!.....Blessed Assurance...that's what I have.

God Bless you,
Verna.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:33 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Ups, you just made the most presumptuous statement Katzpur can think of.
Sorry, Finn, I know this was a slam, but I'm afraid I didn't get it. Would you like to be more specific; I'd hate for your insult to be wasted effort.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
He knows my name, He knows me...and I know Him...I am a child of God.
That's great! I've got to say that the same is true for me and my relationship with Him. I guess that makes us sisters.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:06 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
He knows my name, He knows me...and I know Him...I am a child of God...\o/...Praise His Holy Name!.....Blessed Assurance...that's what I have.

God Bless you,
Verna.
I can say the same

Old 11-27-2011, 03:58 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
That's great! I've got to say that the same is true for me and my relationship with Him. I guess that makes us sisters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I can say the same
I'm sorry, but the three of us do not have beliefs that are like-minded. The two of you don't believe the written word of God when you read it...instead you get angry, and snarl, and spit when I post specific scripture that says specific things said by God through the Holy Spirit...in Truth...and you reject them when they're right there in front of you....you twist them or just absolutely ignore them when presented to you...and instead, you say something totally contrary to His word....so some people's are deceived somewhere...and I'm not one of them.

Let me ask you both this question...(lovesMountains, I have already asked you this, and your answer confirmed that you do not believe in God's Holy Word...you believe instead, in lovesMountains misguided, worldly, misinterpretation of God's Holy Word....but maybe you've thought about it and feel differently now)...

Q. Can one who is born of God continue to commit willfull sin and still receive eternal life?

Love,
Verna.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:45 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Sorry, Finn, I know this was a slam, but I'm afraid I didn't get it. Would you like to be more specific; I'd hate for your insult to be wasted effort.
It is not an insult, I simply pointed out what happend. Read back a few posts.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
It is not an insult, I simply pointed out what happend. Read back a few posts.
I know what happened. One poster told another poster that she didn't know God. I said that was a presumptuous statement since none of us are in the position to know what another person's relationship with God is. I stand by that. I never cease to be amazed at the lack of Christlike love that some Christians exhibit towards other Christians. Today in church, we were studying the three epistles of John, and the following passage was mentioned:

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

I'm just saying that when we make hurtful statements to each other, we are not living this commandment. (And it is a commandment, not merely a suggestion.) I think we should work on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity