Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 04:00 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times

Advertisements

There are posters on here who claim they don't practice willful sin. I never understood the difference but in reading a couple posts here I think I finally understand.

The bible says anyone who claims to be without sin is a liar. But to claim to be a sinner but never to willfully sin is truthful. (At least in the minds of those who claim this... ) So it really has nothing to do with any sinful act itself, but rather its about not being a liar but saying you are sinless in a way to admit sin and deny it at the same time.

Kinda deceptive IMO.

Did I get it right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 04:14 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
There are posters on here who claim they don't practice willful sin. I never understood the difference but in reading a couple posts here I think I finally understand.

The bible says anyone who claims to be without sin is a liar. But to claim to be a sinner but never to willfully sin is truthful. (At least in the minds of those who claim this... ) So it really has nothing to do with any sinful act itself, but rather its about not being a liar but saying you are sinless in a way to admit sin and deny it at the same time.

Kinda deceptive IMO.

Did I get it right?
No, you didn't get it right. Not even close.

Do keep searching for understanding!

Old 11-20-2011, 04:22 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
How does one renounce, missing the mark without having previous and ongoing considerations?

Old 11-20-2011, 04:24 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post

Wow...quick to claim that she's wrong...but won't give the "correct" explanation...what's up with that???

Old 11-20-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post

Enlighten me... I can't think of a sin that isn't willful or premeditated.
According to the bible:
You must be a sinner.. Otherwise you are a liar.
You cannot enter heaven as a sinner, so you claim you don't willfully sin.
What other explanation is there???

Old 11-20-2011, 04:55 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Enlighten me... I can't think of a sin that isn't willful or premeditated.
According to the bible:
You must be a sinner.. Otherwise you are a liar.
You cannot enter heaven as a sinner, so you claim you don't willfully sin.
What other explanation is there???
Please try to remember, just because you personally don't understand something doesn't mean it's not real or valid

I would suggest you study the doctrine of original sin.

THAT is how we are all sinners even when we haven't "willfully" sinned.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:09 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,989,875 times
Quote:

Kinda deceptive IMO.

Did I get it right?
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Wilfull sin is the same as " being willing to sin."

The word wilful is hekousios an adverb and a derivative of hekon which means voluntarily:--wilfully, willingly.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

The word wilful is hekousios an adverb and a derivative of hekon which means voluntarily:--wilfully, willingly.
So sinning unwillingly means you blame it on original sin? I can't think of any sin I commit that would be considered unwillfull. Perhaps an example?

Old 11-20-2011, 05:16 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:

Kinda deceptive IMO.

Did I get it right?
No, it does not sound like you got it right, but if you post the claims you refer to, we can take a look.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:22 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post

Good effort, but I believe our OP seeks something besides enlighenment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity