Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 10:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

It's easier to forgive/understand/ignore some if you realize they are unwell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 10:39 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
It's neither decent. loving, nor just to allow a baby to lie in it's birthing blood, and worse yet, add more blood to it. Peace
????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Then why is it you would add more blood via the sacrificial laws or justify killing in the name of God?
Are you actually following her train of thought here, pneuma???
Quote:
Why? Because the flesh has to die, period. And I'm not adding anything. It's already there in black and white. I'm just not taking away from it like you are. Peace
Now this is just getting scary weird.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:20 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
This "love" you have is as false as a 3 dollar bill. HIS love does not boast against the branches of the tree He planted, nor does it hate the leaves. Wrong root, wrong fruit, simple as that. Self love and to be admired of men, is what I see. Peace
I've never bragged about my "gifts" as you brag about yours. It is the anchor around your neck and you but wait to be tossed into the sea. I've confessed my worst sin on these threads while you are afraid to admit you were and even now are a sinner. I'm a sinner--but saved by grace and love.

Where does God's love speak against loving others? The wrong root is the one that is not founded in Love's soil. The wrong fruit is the one who criticizes love and praises rules.

Simple as that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsl6YXHdWnE

If you could see what I once was
If you could go with me
Back to where I started from
Then I know you would see

A miracle of love that took me
In it's sweet embrace
And made me what I am today
Just an old sinner saved by grace

I'm just a sinner saved by grace

When I stood condemned to death
He took my place
Now I live and breathe in freedom
With each breath of life I take
Loved and forgiven, backed with a living

Until your salvation comes form love as well as grace, until it show love and not just demands it as a prize, it is just a clanging cymbal. And if you are worried that your faith or that of others will suffer if you admit that apocryphal books and cultural traditions were quoted in Scripture--frequently--then you haven't much faith anyway.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:27 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I've never bragged about my "gifts" as you brag about yours. It is the anchor around your neck and you but wait to be tossed into the sea. I've confessed my worst sin on these threads while you are afraid to admit you were and even now are a sinner. I'm a sinner--but saved by grace and love.

Where does God's love speak against loving others? The wrong root is the one that is not founded in Love's soil. The wrong fruit is the one who criticizes love and praises rules.

Simple as that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsl6YXHdWnE

If you could see what I once was
If you could go with me
Back to where I started from
Then I know you would see

A miracle of love that took me
In it's sweet embrace
And made me what I am today
Just an old sinner saved by grace

When I stood condemned to death
He took my place
Now I live and breathe in freedom
With each breath of life I take
Loved and forgiven, backed with a living

Until your salvation comes form love as well as grace, it is just a clanging cymbal.

You DO understand that they are NOT my gifts, right? And as such, seeing how they are mentioned in the Word as the gifts of the Holy Ghost, they SHOULD be brought into the light and out of the darkness where men's minds, prejudices, and just plain selfishness in refusing to offer up oneself so He CAN use them through you, should be of paramount importance, since presumably we don't want to see His body blind, deaf, dumb, or lame, and the gifts of the Spirit mean He's ALIVE and well and functioning, IN HIS BODY.

So YES, since the Word says He has a baptism to be baptized with and how HE IS BOUND until it be accomplished, not wanting Him BOUND in His body unable to express Himself fully both through and to the body at large, should be of high ranking importance for every true believer. Unless of course, you still want Him bound to the cross.

But please....please go on about how much love you have. Peace

Old 08-20-2017, 03:48 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
:
Are you actually following her train of thought here, pneuma???
:
who knows anymore

Old 08-20-2017, 06:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
This thread will be looking at whether or not Jesus and the apostles quoted from or made reference to any apocryphal books.

Preface

We hear all the time that Jesus and the apostles never quote or refer to the apocryphal books, therefore the apocryphal books are not inspired by God. Most people believe this without even looking at the apocryphal books themselves, trusting in men to tell them these books were uninspired and never referenced by Jesus or the apostles.

However are these statements really true? Does not Jude quote a prophesy from the 1st book of Enoch? And is not Enoch considered an apocryphal book?

Why is the book of Enoch then not in our bibles as it is in the Ethiopian bible.

So many seem to believe the bible equals scripture, if that is so which bible? As mentioned the Ethiopian bible contains the book of Enoch, some other bibles do not contain the book of Revelation, the catholic bible contains some of the apocryphal books but not all of them. So which bible is it that is equal to scripture? Who gets to pick and choose what bible consists of scripture and what bible does not.

Even in the early church, the bible contained some of the apocryphal books , and excluded the book of Revelation.

People say all the time God is well able to keep the bible and did so, yet if one does a search of the bible through history one can easily see that some books have been added and some books have been rejected that once were considered scripture.

What! Did God change His mind on what is scripture and what is not scripture?

If the bible is the unadulterated word of God how can these things have taken place? How can anyone proclaim that the bible has never been added to or things deleted from it when anyone who has taken the time to look into the history of the bible can easily see that these things have indeed happened.

I don't know about you readers, but because the bible has been added to and deleted from, I don't see how anyone can say the bible is the unadulterated word of God.

When we look to what Jesus says concerning scripture and what the Father says concerning His son (Jesus) we begin to understand that Jesus Christ is the unadulterated Word of God and Him alone.

Jesus said this concerning the scriptures

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

To break that down Jesus is saying

Jesus said to the Jews that ye search the scripture for in them (the scriptures) ye think ye have eternal life ( and many today think just as the Jews did in the time of Christ) but the scriptures testify of me, and ye WILL NOT COME TO ME that ye might HAVE LIFE.

Where does Jesus tell them LIFE is? Does He tell them LIFE is found in the scriptures? NO

He tells them they must come to Him to find LIFE.

If the scriptures were the WORD of God surely LIFE would have been found within them don't ya think?

The Father testifying of Jesus says this

And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. 4Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. 5While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

To break this down the Father is saying

Hear Jesus, and the Father says this at the exclusion of Moses and Elijah, who are a representation of the law and the prophets, whom Peter wanted to build tabernacles to.

Peters testimony of Jesus

Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life

To break this down Peter says to whom shall we go? Did not Peter have Moses and the prophets whom he could go to? Sure he did, but at the exclusion of Moses and the prophets Peter says (speaking of Jesus) thou hast the words of eternal life.

The Father, the apostles and the scriptures themselves teach us that Jesus Christ and Him alone is the Word of God.

So to the task at hand.

Did Jesus or his Apostles make reference or quote the NEW TESTAMENT?????

Old 08-20-2017, 08:07 AM

611 posts, read 281,182 times
I'm pretty sure Jesus would have read any book he could get his hands on. And after watching 'Genius of the Modern World,' on NetFlix; it looks like Christ might have read about Socrates and how his claims that if you take revenge you are doing damage to you own soul, etc. And surely some of the things read will have an influence upon the reader and other things that don't forgotten. Some things you read once, but some things you read two or three times; not because you don't understand, you like the influence. You give it more thought. If that makes sense.

And zthat, all the NT is full of references and quotes from the OT...Jesus and the Apostles based the NT upon the OT with a better understanding on which are left to bounce into a better perspective. We find no finality in either. Baby takes one step, baby takes two steps, will baby take three steps? IMO, even IMMHO if it existed. But I think you already know that

The OT was a blackout, the NT was through the glass darkly, and for us the glass is a reflection of us and our own doings that we need to overcome. Not of God's own doing that brought to the Trumpism of today - A government of the corporations, by the corporations, for the corporations. Full of Fire and Fury. A Power like the World has never seen before. Locked and loaded. See Armageddism - Men as gods.

And all the toxic wicked destruction and harmful deeds being done to us humans and the planet is "Classified" information and any information otherwise is distorted and downplayed just like the cigarette bs you might remember. They made it almost impossible for the truth to come out. And hey, the people of corporations coverups can't be held accountable and receive like 20 million dollars in stock options for doing so well at what they do. The liars and deceivers are untouchable. And truthful whistle blowers are punished and destroyed. Why would people choose to live in a world like this?

Old 08-20-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
You DO understand that they are NOT my gifts, right? And as such, seeing how they are mentioned in the Word as the gifts of the Holy Ghost, they SHOULD be brought into the light and out of the darkness where men's minds, prejudices, and just plain selfishness in refusing to offer up oneself so He CAN use them through you, should be of paramount importance, since presumably we don't want to see His body blind, deaf, dumb, or lame, and the gifts of the Spirit mean He's ALIVE and well and functioning, IN HIS BODY.

So YES, since the Word says He has a baptism to be baptized with and how HE IS BOUND until it be accomplished, not wanting Him BOUND in His body unable to express Himself fully both through and to the body at large, should be of high ranking importance for every true believer. Unless of course, you still want Him bound to the cross.

But please....please go on about how much love you have. Peace
Baptism was a fulfillment of OT scripture. Today, baptism is nothing but a ritual or symbolism necessary for what? Certainly not a requirement to inherit the kingdom of God. And Christ was baptized with water, but John said he would come and baptize us with fire. Fire and Fury, And Power like...A Revelation?

A baptism in the holy ghost, that spirit of truth, is like a consuming fire. A consuming love affair for those willing to burn in hell for the truth. And we do burn. And some burn brightly while all hell is locked and loaded and people lying, stealing, deceiving, murdering, and destroying unto the end of all life and creation surrounds them in this hell fire upon earth.

Or maybe that was just a dream. Matches please. I need a light. Smokem peace pipe? another sin of the corporation of states and their gods of money, wealth, power that will drop a bomb upon your head to give you the peace of the dead? Give them the peacefulness of death --->

IN HIS SPIRITUAL BODY - Members of his spiritual body - us, the spiritual minded.

But what do we know?

Dream well. Rabbi1

Old 08-20-2017, 10:29 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Yes, according to scholars about 85-90% of the New Testament is either quotes from the OT, or references to it. Peace

Old 08-20-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
You have tangled my mind up.

Possibility #1. Yes, Paul quoted the new testament as he was writing it, sending it, and speaking the NT.

Are you really asking if John made reference or quote Pete? or no, the NT as we have it was scattered around in stories and letters and such?

Maybe my best answer to this question I don't really understand is: I dunno, can you tell me the answer?

or what are you really asking?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity