Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 07:52 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
For those who believe that once a person has accepted Christ and their salvation is secure, but dies in an unrepentant state, yet they are still saved, what after death process takes place to bring these people back to being worthy of being with God in heaven.

Are they already worthy, will they be in heaven just as they were when they died since they are still saved or must they be made ready after their death from earth?
BOLDED by me.

No one's salvation is secure according to the written word of God...and if they die in an unrepentant state, they cannot still be saved, that is an oxymoron...unrepentant? and saved?...at the same time?...no...and in what ever state it is you die in, that is the state in which you remain, and it is who you will be, and who King and Righteous Judge Jesus sees you to be on Judgement Day...according to the word of God. There is no "Process" after death that takes place to bring these people back to being worthy to receive eternal life...according to the word of God.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.

Romans 2:6 God "will give to each person according to what he has done."

Numbers 15:31 Because he has despised the LORD's word and broken his commands, that person must surely be cut off; his guilt remains on him.'"

Deuteronomy 24:16 Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin.

Isaiah 3:10 Tell the righteous it will be well with them, for they will enjoy the fruit of their deeds.

Ezekiel 18:4 For every living soul belongs to me, the father as well as the son--both alike belong to me. The soul who sins is the one who will die.

...so that's why I spread the seeds of truth for God to a lost and dying world...with hope that at least one will hear and do the will of the Father while they still have a chance to die in a state of being in a right relationship with the Lord while they are still alive...before they die...before it is too late...

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.

Blessings,
Verna.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 12-01-2011 at 08:04 AM..

Old 12-01-2011, 07:58 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
BOLDED by me.

No one's salvation is secure according to the written word of God.
I disagree, however, since you believe that, it includes yourself, you are not gauranteed anything no matter what you claim here on earth.

So, if you hve no assurance yourself, you certainly are not one that I need to listen to on how to be secure. Because if no one is secure, you certainly can't now say you are.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
So, if you hve no assurance yourself, you certainly are not one that I need to listen to on how to be secure. Because if no one is secure, you certainly can't now say you are.
The problem with such views is that they do nothing but erode a believer's trust in Jesus. They will never stop wondering if they are still saved or if they have done something which caused salvation to be taken back. It is Satan who wants us to doubt our salvation. Jesus wanted us to be sure about it and at peace about our eternal destination.

John 10:28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one

John 6:40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Ephesians 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Romans 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:31 AM

267 posts, read 297,140 times
Quote:
I disagree, however, since you believe that, it includes yourself, you are not gauranteed anything no matter what you claim here on earth.

LOL, and interesting bit of reasoning.

All things being equal, I think I would side with the one who thinks their salvation is at risk and is gaining the knowledge to safeguard it rather then the one who thinks he can do no wrong.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Phaze, You have never heard me claim that I believe that my salvation is secure...this is a belief held by UR's and OSAS...a belief I take no part in. I scream repentance!...sometimes literally! So your comment is moot. I am surprised at you for saying such to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaze
So, if you have no assurance yourself, you certainly are not one that I need to listen to on how to be secure.
Phaze,

Blessed assurance and one being totally, falsely secure in one's salvation are two totally different things. According to the word of God, no one's salvation is secure...the soul that sins, is a soul that is dead, and remains dead eternally if they die in that state...read the scriptures I provided to you above instead of totally ignoring what they are saying to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaze
Because if no one is secure, you certainly can't now say you are.
Again, you have never heard me say that I thought my salvation was secure. I have stated what I believe for years now, and you know it...but I will state it again for you...I do not believe that my salvation is secure...alll I have to do is turn from the state of salvation I am in now, back to my wicked, disobedient sinful nature, and there goes my state of salvation...gone...it is a choice I make daily...hourly...every minute of the day...and so far, I have chosen the Christ that is within me...\o/...praise God!

Blessings,
Verna.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWW1962 View Post

All things being equal, I think I would side with the one who thinks their salvation is at risk and is gaining the knowledge to safeguard it rather then the one who thinks he can do no wrong.
Amen BWW1962...very well stated.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:41 AM

267 posts, read 297,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The problem with such views is that they do nothing but erode a believer's trust in Jesus. They will never stop wondering if they are still saved or if they have done something which caused salvation to be taken back.
This may be how you would feel without your security blanket of your "once saved, always saved" belief.

The difference is that people who reject that theology are aware of what the Bible teaches and the things they could potential do to taint their relationship with Christ, The fear you suggest is not present, knowledge is.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWW1962 View Post

That is fine, but you can't ever say you are truly saved then.

And my point of view has nothing to do with not doing anything wrong. You do not have to be perfect to understand the security that God has promised. God has not promised that we will not reap what we sow.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Phaze, You have never heard me claim that I believe that my salvation is secure...this is a belief held by UR's and OSAS...a belief I take no part in. I scream repentance!...sometimes literally! So your comment is moot. I am surprised at you for saying such to me.

Phaze,

Blessed assurance and one being totally, falsely secure in one's salvation are two totally different things. According to the word of God, no one's salvation is secure...the soul that sins, is a soul that is dead, and remains dead eternally if they die in that state...read the scriptures I provided to you above instead of totally ignoring what they are saying to you.

Again, you have never heard me say that I thought my salvation was secure. I have stated what I believe for years now, and you know it...but I will state it again for you...I do not believe that my salvation is secure...alll I have to do is turn from the state of salvation I am in now, back to my wicked, disobedient sinful nature, and there goes my state of salvation...gone...it is a choice I make daily...hourly...every minute of the day...and so far, I have chosen the Christ that is within me...\o/...praise God!

Blessings,
Verna.

My point is not moot Verna, if your salvation is not secure, then you have nothing to say to me that gives me any security, even if you are correct, you are unable to tell me how to avoid damnation because you are not secure yourself.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I do not believe that my salvation is secure...alll I have to do is turn from the state of salvation I am in now, back to my wicked, disobedient sinful nature, and there goes my state of salvation...gone...it is a choice I make daily...hourly...every minute of the day...and so far, I have chosen the Christ that is within me...\o/...praise God!

Blessings,
Verna.

Actually right at this moment, you believe you are secure, if you was asked if you died right now would you be with God what will your answer be, Yes, no or I am not sure?

If your salvation is not secure you cannot accuratly answer yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity