Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 07:32 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Everyone IS given a chance. But they are NOT given a second chance.

The Bible teaches us that there is only one way to God and that is through Jesus Christ. Are you telling me that Islamists, Buddhists, and the people of other false world religions are saved? Either you believe what God's word says on the matter or you make up your own path to God.

Katie

Katie you have had the privilege to grow up in a country that has freedom of religion, many other countries have never had that privilege.

Many die without even hearing the gospel, so where is their first chance let alone their second chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 07:40 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:

The Bible teaches us that there is only one way to God and that is through Jesus Christ. Are you telling me that Islamists, Buddhists, and the people of other false world religions are saved? Either you believe what God's word says on the matter or you make up your own path to God.

Katie
So if everyone is not persuaded by God then that would mean that God failed to persuade, correct? - do you not see how that cannot be?

Old 12-05-2011, 09:07 AM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
How can you say this, Katie, when there are billions of people living today in places where they could not possibly choose to be Christian, where Christianity is not even an option, and where children grow to reach adulthood without ever knowing the first thing about Jesus Christ an His gospel. And what about people who lived during the early days of Christianity in parts of the world where the gospel had yet to reach? We're talking about millions of people even back then.

Stop and think about it. Suppose you had been born and raised in Iraq and had never left that country (not at all an unreasonable scenario)... Do you really think you'd be a Christian today? What about if you'd lived every day of your life in Mongolia? Or in some remote part of the African jungle? How do you think you'd have become a Christian?

Old 12-05-2011, 09:40 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,270,754 times
Sorry, but I don't buy that. Are you trying to prove universal salvation on the basis that some may never hear the gospel, therefore, everyone one is saved?

Read Romans 1:18-20. They have no excuse.

Allah, Buddha and others are FALSE gods. No one can be saved by these gods. No one, period!

Katie

Old 12-05-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
How can you say this, Katie, when there are billions of people living today in places where they could not possibly choose to be Christian, where Christianity is not even an option, and where children grow to reach adulthood without ever knowing the first thing about Jesus Christ an His gospel. And what about people who lived during the early days of Christianity in parts of the world where the gospel had yet to reach? We're talking about millions of people even back then.

Stop and think about it. Suppose you had been born and raised in Iraq and had never left that country (not at all an unreasonable scenario)... Do you really think you'd be a Christian today? What about if you'd lived every day of your life in Mongolia? Or in some remote part of the African jungle? How do you think you'd have become a Christian?
So you think worshipping false gods is acceptabe? You believe that there is an avenue to God other than Jesus Christ?

Romans 1 tells us they are without excuse.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:01 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times

Interesting that Jesus' own words were that all the world will be given, preach the gospel before the end of the world....

Matthew 24:13-15
13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Rom.10:18
18 But I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have;
“THEIR VOICE HAS GONE OUT INTO ALL THE EARTH,
AND THEIR WORDS TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD.”

Romans 1:8
First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is being proclaimed throughout the whole world.

1 Peter 4:5-7
5 They will give an account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.
6 For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit
7 But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers

Revelation 14:5-7
5 And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God.
6 Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people—
7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.”

It truly wonderful to know that throughout the NT we are told every soul will one way or another know or will hear the gospel of Jesus Christ.... before the end of time..... regardless what man tries to manipulate His word to say !!

Seek God's word there are many, many more that speak this truth !!!

God is faithful !!!

Galatians 1:8-10
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 12-05-2011 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-05-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
So if everyone is not persuaded by God then that would mean that God failed to persuade, correct? - do you not see how that cannot be?
Where in the scriptures does it say we would be "persuaded by God?" God never made such a promise. We were presented with a choice. It's entirely up to us whether we accept Jesus' offer of salvation.

Katie

Old 12-05-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post

Interesting that Jesus' own words were that all the world will be given, preach the gospel before the end of the world....

Matthew 24:13-15
13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Rom.10:18
18 But I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have;
“THEIR VOICE HAS GONE OUT INTO ALL THE EARTH,
AND THEIR WORDS TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD.”

Romans 1:8
First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is being proclaimed throughout the whole world.

1 Peter 4:5-7
5 They will give an account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.
6 For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit
7 But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers

Revelation 14:5-7
5 And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God.
6 Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people—
7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.”

It truly wonderful to know that throughout the NT we are told every soul will one way or another know or will hear the gospel of Jesus Christ.... before the end of time..... regardless what man tries to manipulate His word to say !!

Seek God's word there are many, many more that speak this truth !!!

God is faithful !!!

Galatians 1:8-10
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
AMEN!

Katie

Old 12-05-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

Katz, I read that mormons believe that those who never heard the gospel get a second chance after death when they are in "spirit prison." Is this true, and if so what is the scriptural proof? I've also read that mormons also believe there are many gods. Is that true? I figured you could clarify this for me. Thanks.

Btw, catholics used to believe in purgatory, but I thought I read somewhere that they
threw that out. Not sure.

Katie

Old 12-05-2011, 10:47 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Where in the scriptures does it say we would be "persuaded by God?" God never made such a promise. We were presented with a choice. It's entirely up to us whether we accept Jesus' offer of salvation.

Katie
Do you think if God did persuade us to believe that He would be successful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity