U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 03:09 PM

21,195 posts, read 20,812,540 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure how someone can be said to miss the mark when he doesn't know what he's shooting at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 03:14 PM

37,373 posts, read 25,167,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm not sure how someone can be said to miss the mark when he doesn't know what he's shooting at.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:23 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,111,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It can only be understood if one is willing to check their brain at the door. Just saying...

Old 12-04-2011, 02:30 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,560,894 times
On a more serious note. I think we all know what sin is. There's no shortage of it in the world.

What I'm more interested in is thinking about what it will be like to live in a world where sin is not possible. Ever think about that? Really think about it? Imagine a world where the only spiritual fruit we eat and serve are the fruits of the Holy Spirit. Sounds heavenly to me.

When you think of the "afterlife" or "eternal life" do you simply imagine a life that does not end, or do you contemplate a life where there is no sickness, no suffering, no death, no pain, no sorrow, no crying, NO SIN. While we're in this world where death is staring us in the face every day, where people are unhappy, people are terrified, people are hungry, people are confused, people are lonely, people are perplexed, tormented, vexed, imprisoned, abused, neglected, scorned, murdered, raped, hated ... it's hard for us to imagine living in a heavenly place. But it does the soul good to contemplate heaven. Seems like Christians spend way too much time thinking about hell. Perhaps that is because they are surrounded by hell.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:57 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,227,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
On a more serious note. I think we all know what sin is. There's no shortage of it in the world.

What I'm more interested in is thinking about what it will be like to live in a world where sin is not possible. Ever think about that? Really think about it? Imagine a world where the only spiritual fruit we eat and serve are the fruits of the Holy Spirit. Sounds heavenly to me.

When you think of the "afterlife" or "eternal life" do you simply imagine a life that does not end, or do you contemplate a life where there is no sickness, no suffering, no death, no pain, no sorrow, no crying, NO SIN. While we're in this world where death is staring us in the face every day, where people are unhappy, people are terrified, people are hungry, people are confused, people are lonely, people are perplexed, tormented, vexed, imprisoned, abused, neglected, scorned, murdered, raped, hated ... it's hard for us to imagine living in a heavenly place. But it does the soul good to contemplate heaven. Seems like Christians spend way too much time thinking about hell. Perhaps that is because they are surrounded by hell.
Today is what counts, it is all you have...and what you choose to think, do, and say in it is all that matters in terms of eternity. Better get today right for we are not promised a tomorrow...and what we do today determines our eternal future, and whether or not we will live to enjoy a life where there is no more sin...suffering...and tears.

Treat each day as if it were your last day here on earth (ask yourself what is the most important thing...it should be, "How intimate is my relationship with God the Father), because it just may be.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:20 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,111,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

We have two choices...we either choose to live in hell or we can choose to live in heaven...it is always our choice in the here and now and not relegated to some "afterlife". Until people wake up and realize that the state of this world is in our hands, that humanity is in control of how other people are treated...all of the above problems, with the exception of death, could be solved completely by us. If we all LOVED our neighbors as ourselves...these things that you call "hell" wouldn't exist. That IS the course we are on...that IS what we are supposed to be learning here...that IS how we are supposed to be living. And, although I will never see it accomplished in my lifetime...I am confident that it will be accomplished on day. We will either evolve into conscious loving human beings or we will destroy ourselves completely by our inhumanity to humanity.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:40 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,560,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
We have two choices...we either choose to live in hell or we can choose to live in heaven...it is always our choice in the here and now and not relegated to some "afterlife". Until people wake up and realize that the state of this world is in our hands, that humanity is in control of how other people are treated...all of the above problems, with the exception of death, could be solved completely by us. If we all LOVED our neighbors as ourselves...these things that you call "hell" wouldn't exist. That IS the course we are on...that IS what we are supposed to be learning here...that IS how we are supposed to be living. And, although I will never see it accomplished in my lifetime...I am confident that it will be accomplished on day. We will either evolve into conscious loving human beings or we will destroy ourselves completely by our inhumanity to humanity.
I largely agree with you, ChristyGrl, but unfortunately there are a hell of a lot of people working hard to make this world a living hell for millions. I mean look at how many have been slaughtered by the war machine in the last century alone. How horrible that all the nations buy, sell, and use weapons of mass destruction against one another. And the number of people held in prisons and tortured by oppressive regimes including our own here at home is staggering. That's why I say we are surrounded by hell, and not by our individual choosing. Sad, sad, definitely sad. But we can do what we can to oppose these things via our daily conduct and being part of anti-war groups such as Amnesty International, etc...
We can also cry and speak up against child abuse and child sexual slavery and the oppression of women (particularly in the middle east). We can shine the light on the brutality that plagues the globe. However, I think it will take a divine act of God to completely overthrow all this evil.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity