Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2011, 02:57 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times

Advertisements

God is omniscient, there is nothing that surprises HIM. HE finished and then started... The Bible say the Lamb of God was slain before the foundation of the world was laid. God provided salvation before HE created world.

I don't know what the OP means the man evolved gradually??? Man was created in the image of God from the beginning- having the ability to think, talk, reason and choose. Adam named the animals...

I am not sure if man is equal to the task of figuring out the whole plan of God... I don't remember reading anywhere in the Bible where God said the man and woman were to stay in the Garden forever.
However, God gave man freewill... this is why there was Salvation before man was made. God knew the man needed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 03:40 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
When God placed Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and told them not to eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, did He expect them to obey His commandment or did their disobedience come as a surprise to Him?

Why, if it was His intention that they remain forever in their garden paradise, did He permit Satan to tempt them with the promise of godhood? Or did Satan gain entrance to the Garden without God's permission? Was this all part of a plan that unfolded as it did for a very good reason or was the Fall of Adam an enormous, unforeseen glitch in God's plan for mankind?
hi katzpur,i believe that every power and every turn of events is under the direction of the Supreme Personality of Godhead(God),the same God i believe in is the same God you believe in,thats what i believe,he has unlimited names, forms,personalitys,energys etc and the whole universe is controlled bye his guidance,its a mystical thing and incomprehensible to mans megere mind,and his plan ultimatly is to get everyone back to the blissfull consioussness that we are eternally living,these temporary lives are like dreams of the higher realitys that we exist in eternally.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:04 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
How can we learn to abhor it and stay away from it, tell it to flee if it is not there? How can we "choose" evil over good, if there is no evil to resist? How can we become what God wants us to become without the experience of becoming overcomers? Someone who has never sinned will not be an overcomer. They will not know God as a Savior if there is nothing to save them out of. And now we see the heart of God, that He is a God who loves the sinner, the one who even disobeyed Him and rejected Him. He loves them anyway and even sent His Son to die for them. That's agape love. How would we know this about the nature of God's love without the experience of sin? God put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil right there in the garden and in His omniscience knew exactly what would happen. He sees beginning to end. He subjected the creation to futility not of its own will, but with the hope (epis-expectation) that the creation itself will be set free from the slavery to corruption and changed into the freedom of the glory of the children of God(Romans 8)

Hi Shana good to see you back. Now you say someone who has never sinned cannot be an overcomer.
Jesus never sinned yet He was an overcomer.

It is not falling into sin and then getting back out of sin that makes us overcomers sis, it is NOT falling into sin when we are tempted that makes us overcomers. If we fall into sin when tempted we do not overcome anything.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:19 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
It is not falling into sin and then getting back out of sin that makes us overcomers, ... If we fall into sin when tempted we do not overcome anything.
Defeating the adversary of temptation itself.

For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses.
But One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:25 AM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Thank you, Pneuma. You are right, Jesus never sinned. He was an overcomer in that He never sinned, never failed and always did the Father's will. How would we know this about Him in a perfect world? Just asking. There would be no contrast and how would we see that He was tempted in all ways but without sin? How would we know that we are supposed to hate sin and evil and love that which is good and righteous? We were born into a world of sin, and are all in need of a Savior. We are all sinners and Jesus died to set us free. Without the whole experience, we would not see this or know Him as Savior and glorify Him for this. We would not know Him as the author and perfector of our faith without the whole experience. God wants us to live by faith. We become overcomers by trusting in God and it is all a part of the plan. It is about the our sovereign God seeing beginning to end, knowing what would happen, and bringing it all into existence for a purpose. God is good all the time. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 12-11-2011 at 11:45 AM..

Old 12-11-2011, 07:09 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Just sharing

" "All of mankind must learn to realize what God is to them by an actual experience of what it means to be without Him. Then they will be able to give Him the unforced outflow of their hearts. Then they will appreciate it when His judgments permanently right all wrongs and eliminate all evil, through the suffering Sacrifice He has provided."
"My faith has found a resting place, not in device nor creed;
I trust the ever-living One, His wounds for me shall plead.
I need no other argument, I need no other plea;
It is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me."

D. Fielding

Old 12-12-2011, 08:26 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
Hi Phazelwood Of course God uses evil for a good purpose. Your right in that he did not create evil just so he could step in and save us and be a hero. He uses evil to show us our carnal minds and hearts. God does not have to like something like evil to know that it is necessary to accomplish his goals, like a doctor that cuts into our flesh to help us heal.

God wants us all to repent. If there is no evil we have nothing to repent. God is changing our hearts to be in line with his. Why God created us with weak carnal minds I don't know. His ways are higher that ours so I trust him that this is the best way to make us like him. Remember even Jesus learned by what he suffered.

God does not make our choices for us they are our choices, but he does control the circumstance and events that lead to those choices so that God knows what choices we have to make because He leads us there, he knows our heart, but they are our choices because that was what we wanted in our hearts at the time. God is showing us to rely on him not ourselves and when we change our hearts to be in line with his all our choices will be the right ones because they will be the ones we want in our hearts which is now like the Fathers.

My argument has never been that God won't use evil against itself or that evil does not exist. My point is that God never planned that evil exist, but that evil is a natural byproduct of creation that he cannot change.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:30 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
My argument has never been that God won't use evil against itself or that evil does not exist. My point is that God never planned that evil exist, but that evil is a natural byproduct of creation that he cannot change.
But God did plan for evil to exist. The creation of Evil is a GOOD thing in the grand scheme.

We know that God planned for Adam to partake of the forbidden fruit. To do that meant that He planned for Adam to do that which is evil - transgression the commandment.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:37 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
But God did plan for evil to exist. The creation of Evil is a GOOD thing in the grand scheme.

We know that God planned for Adam to partake of the forbidden fruit. To do that meant that He planned for Adam to do that which is evil - transgression the commandment.
God already knows the nature of creation because creation is an attribute of God, it is something that happens because he exists. He didn't plan anything, it is the way it is. It is the nature of how it must be to be created and be one with him.

All our paths are before the Lord and he has prepared the way.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:58 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
God already knows the nature of creation because creation is an attribute of God, it is something that happens because he exists. He didn't plan anything, it is the way it is. It is the nature of how it must be to be created and be one with him.

All our paths are before the Lord and he has prepared the way.
Didn't he plan the nature?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity