U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 10:38 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,394,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Katjonjj said: "You said it twice... Covenant MADE WITH ISRAEL. I am not Israeli..."

You are correct, you are not Israel, you are not even "Spiritual Israel' katjonjj, for you do not keep the commandments of God, therefore you are not born-again, or born of God.

katjonjj said: "Are you?"

Yes, I am recognized by God as being "Spiritual Israel", a part of the family of God...grafted in.
The verses you quoted were from the OT which was NOT talking about spiritual isreal. Spiritual isreal has only two laws according to the NT.

Quote:
katjonjj said: " If not, I ask why you follow laws intended for others...."

I am Spiritual Israel as stated above.
Yet as I said before, spiritual isreal has but two laws according to Jesus.

Quote:
Katjonjj said: "Furthermore why do you hold others to those laws?"

I am mandated to share with the world what God has given to me, with the hope that some...even one precious soul, will have the ears to hear what the Spirit is saying and turn from their wicked ways to follow Jesus and receive eternal life. I want you with me...God wants you with Him. If I do not warn the wicked of their wickedness, then their blood is upon my hands. If I do warn them, and they do not take heed, they will die in their iniquities, but I will not have their blood upon my hands.
where is it mandated that you must point out another's error? I don't see that anywhere in the bible.
Quote:
katjonjj said: "Missing the mark is right... You should be aiming at loving your neighbor. IMO."

Again, your opinion means nothing katjonjj, I am not missing the mark...I am right on target.

I do aim at loving my neighbor...what greater love is there than to sacrifice myself to God and live my life loving my neighbor by warning them of their wickedness...telling them the truth, whether or not they like it or not is not the issue.
Doesn't the scripture actually say there is no greater love than to lay down your life for a friend? Warning people of their wickedness is your idea of loving others??? I believe the "great commission" was to spread the Good News not point out others' wickedness (as you see it). Leave their wickedness for god to judge!

Quote:
Love is honesty...Love is patient...Love is kind...Love is gentleness...I have all those fruits of the Spirit, and I live them...and it shows...people know by the way I live my llife.

My literal neighbors, who live all around me here, all know how much I love the LORD, and we talk over the fences...a lot of times. when they see me out in the yard, they take the opportunity to come over to get a hug...an uplifting word...tell me their troubles...looking for encouragement or just to talk...and I give it to them...time. I do aim at loving my neighbors...those I know personally, and those here on the Christian Forum. I am who I am to all.
it's too bad you think this way. Loving your neighbor isn't that complicated. In fact when you talk about how loving you are when you condemn others... You reveal your heart. It's sad that such a well meaning soul has been so corrupted by hate and fear. So very sad.

Tell me what is the difference between you and me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 11:17 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,046,369 times
Quote:
Katjonjj said: "You said it twice... Covenant MADE WITH ISRAEL. I am not Israeli..."

You are correct, you are not Israel, you are not even "Spiritual Israel' katjonjj, for you do not keep the commandments of God, therefore you are not born-again, or born of God.

katjonjj said: "Are you?"

Yes, I am recognized by God as being "Spiritual Israel", a part of the family of God...grafted in.

katjonjj said: " If not, I ask why you follow laws intended for others...."

I am Spiritual Israel as stated above.

Katjonjj said: "Furthermore why do you hold others to those laws?"

I am mandated to share with the world what God has given to me, with the hope that some...even one precious soul, will have the ears to hear what the Spirit is saying and turn from their wicked ways to follow Jesus and receive eternal life. I want you with me...God wants you with Him. If I do not warn the wicked of their wickedness, then their blood is upon my hands. If I do warn them, and they do not take heed, they will die in their iniquities, but I will not have their blood upon my hands.

katjonjj said: "Missing the mark is right... You should be aiming at loving your neighbor. IMO."

Again, your opinion means nothing katjonjj, I am not missing the mark...I am right on target.

I do aim at loving my neighbor...what greater love is there than to sacrifice myself to God and live my life loving my neighbor by warning them of their wickedness...telling them the truth, whether or not they like it or not is not the issue.

Love is honesty...Love is patient...Love is kind...Love is gentleness...I have all those fruits of the Spirit, and I live them...and it shows...people know by the way I live my llife.

My literal neighbors, who live all around me here, all know how much I love the LORD, and we talk over the fences...a lot of times. when they see me out in the yard, they take the opportunity to come over to get a hug...an uplifting word...tell me their troubles...looking for encouragement or just to talk...and I give it to them...time. I do aim at loving my neighbors...those I know personally, and those here on the Christian Forum. I am who I am to all.
Amen... Verna !1

Let us not forget not long ago in another thread there were individuals who claimed everyone committed willful sin... "missing the mark of God" .... are now saying there is such thing as the sin of innocence .... REMEMBER ???

Blessings to you !!

Old 12-05-2011, 11:59 AM

11,825 posts, read 9,821,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
where is it mandated that you must point out another's error? I don't see that anywhere in the bible.
Doesn't the scripture actually say there is no greater love than to lay down your life for a friend? Warning people of their wickedness is your idea of loving others??? I believe the "great commission" was to spread the Good News not point out others' wickedness (as you see it). Leave their wickedness for god to judge!

Tell me what is the difference between you and me?
That is what exactly what Noah did.

People who do not warn their kids \ friends is in fact loveless and care less about their neighbor. That is what the Bible describes as "the love of most will grow cold".

People aren't interested in the truth. It is a fact that "standing on thin ice" warnings that God announces isn't to deprive you of some happy thoughts .....
they are spoken because no one wants to see the result if you wantonly ignore them.

The result of rejecting Romans 10:9 is latter half of John 3:36

Last edited by twin.spin; 12-05-2011 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-05-2011, 12:01 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,239,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen... Verna !1

Let us not forget not long ago in another thread there were individuals who claimed everyone committed willful sin... "missing the mark of God" .... are now saying there is such thing as the sin of innocence .... REMEMBER ???

Blessings to you !!
Excellant observation Curly Munchkin! ...maybe we're making a little progress here.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That is what exactly what Noah did.

People who do not warn their kids \ friends is in fact loveless and careless about their neighbor. That is what the Bible describes as "the love of most will grow cold".

People aren't interested in the truth. It is a fact that "standing on thin ice" warnings that God announces isn't to deprive you of some happy thoughts .....
they are spoken because no one wants to see the result if you wantonly ignore them.

The result of rejecting Romans 10:9 is latter half of John 3:36
This is wonderful twin. God Bless you.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
This is wonderful twin. God Bless you.
Verna,
Fortunatly for your friends, you live in the real world.
1 Corinthians10:10-12
And do not grumble, as some of them did—and were killed by the destroying angel. These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.

So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!
Do you know why it is important why we need others to remind us to keep our sinful nature in check ..... because God didn't want to hurt our feelings for fear of mockers.

God revealed this soley because he doesn't want to see what happens to people who reject him, thus the warning... "were killed by the destroying angel."
1 Corinthians10:10-12is not what the mockers suggest, " imaginary".

God bless.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:52 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,046,369 times
Quote:
Verna,
And do not grumble, as some of them did—and were killed by the destroying angel. These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.

Do you know why it is important why we need others to remind us to keep our sinful nature in check ..... because God didn't want to hurt our feelings for fear of mockers.

God revealed this soley because he doesn't want to see what happens to people who reject him, thus the warning... "were killed by the destroying angel."

God bless.
Amen... Twin !

The bold made me really think and I never thought of it in that way.... what a blessing that God permits those individuals and situations to come into our life, checking and testing our own hearts disposition......

Praise the Lord for giving and sealing us in His Spirit.... His promises are faithful and true in keeping us enduring.....
Love the Holy Spirit, He always is giving us the strength, wisdom, discernment to think and the opportunity before our actions become sinful reactions.... "missing that mark" Hallelujah, \0/.....

It so amazes me how the Spirit of God is faithful and right there in a second giving us that choice....., He keeping our hearts in the mode of being spotless and blameless.... so that we will stay on that straight and narrow path with our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ !!

Blessings

Old 12-05-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
MISSING THE MARK?

When the question of sin comes up Christian teachers are quick to point out that sin has to do with "missing the mark".

The Greek word Sin hamartia (G264) is derived from the root word hamartanō (G266) which historically was an archers term that means to "miss the mark" . (See definitons below):

With that in mind, Modern Christianity in an attempt to trivialize willful sin often says something like this:

"Therefore to sin merely means to miss the mark; which seems to be a small thing since nobody hits the mark every time - right? After all nobody is perfect."

To understand the true meaning it must be understood that the root word meant much more than just missing the bulls eye from time to time. It means to miss the mark and so not share in the prize.

For example: Think of a King gathering an army of archers and he had them tested to see if they could hit a target with their bow an arrow. Those who missed the mark were disqualified.

That is the sense of the Greek word "hamartanō" The archer did not get more chances - it was miss and out. The word denotes failure with consequences.

In the Biblical sense the word "sin" which is derived from "hamartanō" refers to those who miss the mark by breaking God's commandments - that was how John used it in context concerning willful sin.

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth SIN transgresseth also the law: for SIN is the transgression of the law.

Those who sin ignorantly have missed the mark God has established in the ten commandments. They can be forgiven.

Those who commit sin (miss the mark) willfuly, are not children of God.

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil
1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin;

Definitions:
G266 hamartia sin - offence, sin (-ful). -From G264;

(G264 hamartanō properly to miss the mark (and so not share in the prize),
It is not about deliberately missing - it is about if you miss there is a consequence. "Miss so as to not share in the prize."

Old 12-05-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Verna,

God bless.
Thank you twin...that means a lot.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen... Twin !

The bold made me really think and I never thought of it in that way.... what a blessing that God permits those individuals and situations to come into our life, checking and testing our own hearts disposition......

Praise the Lord for giving and sealing us in His Spirit.... His promises are faithful and true in keeping us enduring.....
Love the Holy Spirit, He always is giving us the strength, wisdom, discernment to think and the opportunity before our actions become sinful reactions.... "missing that mark" Hallelujah, \0/.....

It so amazes me how the Spirit of God is faithful and right there in a second giving us that choice....., He keeping our hearts in the mode of being spotless and blameless.... so that we will stay on that straight and narrow path with our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ !!

Blessings
Cyber,
Thanks. I do not know if I had said it correctly (after I re-read it), but hopefully you understand what I meant. That God through his word keeps us from straying, encouraged and hopeful. God also uses our us as we minister to our friends and neighbors no less when they are down trotten and despairing as when they are rejoicing.

The truest friend and neighbor is to speak the truth in love in every occasion.

Take care ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity