Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 06:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I've explained my views on the bible in other threads a number of times. Why do you pretend that I completely reject the bible? It's not true, and you know it's not true.
Your views on other threads are consistent with your views here. You just compared the Bible to jws, mormons, muslims, etc other books and said "the list goes on". Obviously to you the Bible is just another book among many others. No one who says that, or that it is written by ignorant and superstitious people, can hold it in very high regard. People who make comments like that use it only to quote parts of it which they find convenient, and the rest they dismiss as ramblings of ignorant and superstitious people. And much of the time they use cherry picked parts of the Bible in an effort to discredit other parts of the Bible.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-22-2011 at 06:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 08:42 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your views on other threads are consistent with your views here. You just compared the Bible to jws, mormons, muslims, etc other books and said "the list goes on". Obviously to you the Bible is just another book among many others. No one who says that, or that it is written by ignorant and superstitious people, can hold it in very high regard. People who make comments like that use it only to quote parts of it which they find convenient, and the rest they dismiss as ramblings of ignorant and superstitious people. And much of the time they use cherry picked parts of the Bible in an effort to discredit other parts of the Bible.
I've never said the bible was written by ignorant or superstitious people. You must have me confused with someone else. I have said that there are many things in the OT that are inconsistent with the teachings of Christ and even Jesus himself is recorded to have said as much in the New Testament. You are dancing around the real issue.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:49 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Quote:
I've never said the bible was written by ignorant or superstitious people. You must have me confused with someone else. I have said that there are many things in the OT that are inconsistent with the teachings of Christ and even Jesus himself is recorded to have said as much in the New Testament. You are dancing around the real issue.
I did say it was written by ignorant and superstitious people because the undeniable reality is that it WAS! But Finn perpetually dances around the issue and refuses to address the fact that it is God-inspired NOT dictated. God's truth DOES reside in the Bible once you remove the veil of ignorance from it as Christ did to reveal the TRUE NATURE of God and His motives.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:35 AM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
You can call me stupid and a troll or whatever you want, as that is what you always do. When people compare the Bible to jws, mormons, muslims, etc other books and end it with "the list goes on", then obviously the Bible means very little to such person.
Finn, please refrain from telling me what the Bible means to me or other Mormons. You are apparently clueless on the subject.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Finn, please refrain from telling me what the Bible means to me or other Mormons. You are apparently clueless on the subject.

Heartsong threw mormons in with the rest, so save your insults for her. All I did was use her list: jw's mormons, muslims, and the list goes on. It is hre list of books other than Bible. Maybe she meant the book of mormon, I don't know. Actually it would be even better if you didn't insult anyone.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:29 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I totally agree. I do not condemn Mormons or any other faith (except for the ET faith which I find blasphemous). I think Finn simply does not understand what the Bible means to me either. I'm very tired of this thread - it has served it's purpose as far as I'm concerned.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I totally agree. I do not condemn Mormons or any other faith (except for the ET faith which I find blasphemous). I think Finn simply does not understand what the Bible means to me either.
Well, that takes the price. I said nothing to condemn mormons. We are talking about YOUR list, where you mentioned mormons along with jehowas, muslims etc who use books other than the Bible. Unreal.....yet typical...

Old 12-22-2011, 11:46 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Well, that takes the price. I said nothing to condemn mormons. We are talking about YOUR list, where you mentioned mormons along with jehowas, muslims etc who use books other than the Bible. Unreal.....yet typical...
Stop whining and address my post that answers the question about why we use the Bible and still claim it is not inerrant . . . you know the one you keep asking as if it hasn't been answered. Try to actually address the points made instead of dodging them and whining about something else as you usually do.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop whining and address my post that answers the question about why we use the Bible and still claim it is not inerrant . . . you know the one you keep asking as if it hasn't been answered. Try to actually address the points made instead of dodging them and whining about something else as you usually do.
You think someone would want to speak with you when you talk like that?

I don't need anything else from you. You have said enough to prove your disdain against the Bible and that you use it only when you can cherry pick a verse to support your bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity