Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 06:01 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Yes we all who commit sin are sinners. That does not include babies because they have no knowledge of right and wrong. Sin is something one does. It is not inherited. Adam introduced sin into the world. We are born into a sinful world. We are not born with Adam's sin. If that were true then God lied in Ez. 18:20.

Don't you find it odd that Jews who we got the OT from don't believe in the doctrine of original sin? Who better than the Jews would know?

Katie
That is not what the verse said Katiemygirl. Let me post it again:

Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

It says that by ONE man's disobedience we were made sinners.

It doesn't say because of my sins I'm a sinner. The sins I commit myself only make me that much MORE of a sinner. This verse is telling us that we are sinners directly as a result of Adam's disobedience.

We me need to go through this verse one word at a time and look at the meaning so that you can understand it. I'm not sure how you not reading it for what it says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Yes sin has existed since Adam. No one denies this, but we do not and cannot inherit sin according to God.

Katie
That is false. I addressd this in my last post and again posted the verse. God is telling us that we did inherit Adam's sin. Why not listen to Him - assuming you believe the scriptures to be inspired by God.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:08 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,927 times
there is an adam inside all of us.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Exactly, we are his offspring (of his same body) and therefore have his condemnation in us at birth. This is the whole reason that Jesus had to be born of a virgin so as to not be of the same body under the same condemnation. Can't have a redeemer under the same curse for that would mean that Christ would have needed a redeemer also.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:14 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,272,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
So we agree that we all have sin due to Adam's disobedience. That means you do believe in original sin.
No my dear friend, I believe we all sin be cause we are human, and we have a propensity to sin just as Adam did.

Now instead of playing word games, explain why you believe we inherit sin when God so clearly says we don't in Ez. 18:20? That is what the thread is about.

Katie

Old 12-06-2011, 06:18 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,272,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
God said we do not inherit sin. Did God lie? How do you explain Ez. 18:20?

Katie

Old 12-06-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
God said we do not inherit sin. Did God lie? How do you explain Ez. 18:20?

Katie
my point was the exact opposite.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
No my dear friend, I believe we all sin be cause we are human, and we have a propensity to sin just as Adam did.

Now instead of playing word games, explain why you believe we inherit sin when God so clearly says we don't in Ez. 18:20? That is what the thread is about.

Katie
I showed you that He does say we inherit sin. I have explained Ez 18:20. It is talking about Iniquity. Sin doesn't equate to iniquity directly. Sin is the product of iniquity. I have already posted verses that show both sin and iniquity being used in the same verse.

Katiemygirl, how am I suppose to debate you rationally on this subject if your say that God's Word doesn't say that Adam's sin is our sin when it plainly does? Here it is again:

Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now who is the ONE Man in that verse? - it is Adam, correct?
Now whos disobedience were the many made sinners? - that same man, correct?

Old 12-06-2011, 06:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
I agree with trettp on this. We all inherited our sin nature from Adam, and is causes us all to sin. However, we do not inherit sins already committed by our fathers and sons.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:29 AM

maybe someday we will evolve to become sinless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity