Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 07:06 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Ok...
There is a difference between rejecting certian Lutheran doctrines and rejecting God.

I'm certain that is true, however, what is the issue in terms of salvation.

The OP is not about rejecting God, it is about those who have never been introduced to the christian God let alone have heard about Jesus Christ in a capacity to decide in the first place.

On one hand we hear that a person must accept Jesus Christ as Saviour, on the other hand, some people will say a person has no excuse (and most know what verse I am referring to that will be used).

So then the assertion then becomes watered down. It appears that those who have never heard of Jesus, must then at least acknowledge the little that God may have shown then in nature. But the doctrinal
implication never fits, then it becomes that a person has no excuse but doesn't actually have to confess Jesus as Lord, only acknowledge God because of nature.

So, then people wonder why the doctines are rejected, it is because of the absurdities and double talk associated with them.

Rejection of God is irrelevant in terms of a doctrine that says you must believe in Jesus Christ to be saved. While accepting Christ a person inherantly would accept God, but then they would say just believing in God isn't enough either.

So it is the ridiculousness of the doctrines and all the explanantions trying to promote sanity in the insane that is the problem.

That is where the camouflage really is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 07:15 AM

175 posts, read 174,659 times
Quote:
Immediately after death the spirit leaves the body and goes to the Spirit World to await the resurrection

Ecclesiastes 12
7 Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

Seems that scripture contridicts that statement

Old 12-09-2011, 08:48 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boanerges View Post
Ecclesiastes 12
7 Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

Seems that scripture contridicts that statement
And God further reveals:
Hebrews 9:27
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" KJV

"Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment" NIV84
And Jesus reveal this:
Luke 16:22
"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell,where he was in torment,"

Old 12-09-2011, 09:02 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post

The OP is not about rejecting God, it is about those who have never been introduced to the christian God let alone have heard about Jesus Christ in a capacity to decide in the first place.

On one hand we hear that a person must accept Jesus Christ as Saviour, on the other hand, some people will say a person has no excuse (and most know what verse I am referring to that will be used).

So then the assertion then becomes watered down. It appears that those who have never heard of Jesus, must then at least acknowledge the little that God may have shown then in nature. But the doctrinal
implication never fits, then it becomes that a person has no excuse but doesn't actually have to confess Jesus as Lord, only acknowledge God because of nature.

So, then people wonder why the doctines are rejected, it is because of the absurdities and double talk associated with them.

Rejection of God is irrelevant in terms of a doctrine that says you must believe in Jesus Christ to be saved. While accepting Christ a person inherantly would accept God, but then they would say just believing in God isn't enough either.

So it is the ridiculousness of the doctrines and all the explanantions trying to promote sanity in the insane that is the problem.

That is where the camouflage really is.
You know, Phazelwood, sometimes I think you're the only person on the forum who is actually capable of understanding an OP and sticking to the topic. (Yeah, I know there are a couple of others, but so many posters aren't responding to the OP at all. They're just talking about what they want to talk about.)

Old 12-09-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:

It is in God's power (and right to do so) to not allow people to hear the word which as God revealed "to the third and fourth generation of them that hate me".

You'd like to make it a baby issue because that is one way of camouflaging the accusation of God not being fair and still feeling good about yourself.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:42 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
It is in God's power (and right to do so) to not allow people to hear the word which as God revealed "to the third and fourth generation of them that hate me".

You'd like to make it a baby issue because that is one way of camouflaging the accusation of God not being fair and still feeling good about yourself.

It's all good twin, I just want readers to see the whole truth of what a person believes. You believe that unborn babies that die are damned to hell, if it is not about fairness or what is right, why would it be so difficult for you to just come out and say it?

You do not have an argument refuting that, so you might as well embrace the truth of your own beliefs and find joy in it. You certainly can't wait to see me fry.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:26 AM

175 posts, read 174,659 times
Quote:
And God further reveals:
Hebrews 9:27
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" KJV

"Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment" NIV84
His word also tells us what happens after judgement:

Isa 26:9 -
With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:26 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
It's all good twin, I just want readers to see the whole truth of what a person believes. You believe that unborn babies that die are damned to hell, if it is not about fairness or what is right, why would it be so difficult for you to just come out and say it?

You do not have an argument refuting that, so you might as well embrace the truth of your own beliefs and find joy in it. You certainly can't wait to see me fry.
I wish that I could rep you twice!!

The truth will set you free...

Old 12-09-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:

Because I never said that God's word says anything about unborn babies eternal consequence either way. The Bible is simply silent about it.

No phaze... the only thing readers see is your attitude is very unhealthy and antagonistic. People can see just how clever you think you're being, trying to get me or others to say something that fits your skewed rational accusations.

Your personal vendetta is consuming you.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:22 PM

63,778 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Because I never said that God's word says anything about unborn babies eternal consequence either way. The Bible is simply silent about it.

No phaze... the only thing readers see is your attitude is very unhealthy and antagonistic. People can see just how clever you think you're being, trying to get me or others to say something that fits your skewed rational accusations.
No Twin . . . he is trying to get you to remove your blinders and stop spouting rote dogma without thinking about their implications. Mindless belief is dangerous belief. If you cannot reconcile your beliefs with what God has "written in our hearts" (which tends to be the problem here) . . . then the beliefs are wrong! Hearing the Gospel (Good News) about Christ is NOT the important thing . . . following Christ's commands to "love God and each other" . . . IS! That can be done (and IS) by people who have never heard of Christ because His Holy Spirit is within our human consciousness prompting and guiding us all. We are not all listening, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity