Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:41 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,414,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDi60 View Post
Good Morning my friend:
Sorry about your misfortune by saying you are a atheist.
If anything being an atheist is, to use your vernacular, a blessing.

What is it your religion says about judging others? Perhaps if your loved your daughter instead of judging her, both of you would be happier.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:50 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,790,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Oh really? You know all those junk books and junk gods you said you've studied...none of it did you any good.
I would suggest you do a little studying of the Hebrew 'Holiness Code'. You might then understand why your Bible doesn't refer to homosexuality as we know it today.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:06 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,619,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I would suggest you do a little studying of the Hebrew 'Holiness Code'. You might then understand why your Bible doesn't refer to homosexuality as we know it today.
...you would suggest I do a little studying...?......the Hebrew Holiness Code......?......you just cannot make this stuff up .

.........like I said in post 49...I stand by it.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
...you would suggest I do a little studying...?......
Yes I would. I would suggest that you and any other that thinks the Bible condemns homosexuality start with this.

What the Bible Says/Doesn’t Say About Homosexuality | Open Door Community Fellowship (http://opendoorcommunityfellowship.com/gay-ok-must-read/what-the-bible-saysdoesnt-say-about-homosexuality/ - broken link)

Old 12-09-2011, 01:19 AM

The bible records that King David of Israel had, among other things, many wives/women. This was the expected behavior of a king, especially to insure a male heir to the throne. David’s relationships with women, though, were often troubled and unhealthy. The best relationship recorded for David is that between him and Jonathon, son of David’s arch enemy, King Saul. The texts of I & II Sam describe in great detail the interactions between David and Jonathon. Read through non-heterosexist eyes, this is a story of romance. The souls of the two men are described as being “joined together as one.” They make a solemn covenant of fidelity to each other. They kissed and wept upon having to be parted. Jonathon is said to have loved David more than his own life. The most obvious, and most difficult to deny, statement of the depth and nature of the love shared between these two men is found in David’s lament over the deaths of Saul and Jonathon. In his grief, David states: “I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; greatly beloved were you to me; your love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women” (II Samuel 1:26). Again, it appears that the biblical writers/editors were not troubled by this presentation of a deep love between two men, even with one of those men being the great King David.

What the Bible Says/Doesn’t Say About Homosexuality | Open Door Community Fellowship (http://opendoorcommunityfellowship.com/gay-ok-must-read/what-the-bible-saysdoesnt-say-about-homosexuality/ - broken link)

Old 12-09-2011, 05:09 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,088,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
Sorry. I don't know the Bible as well as I should. Is this Old Testament or New Testament? Before Jesus died on the cross for our sins or after?
It's before.

IMHO, Christians really shouldn't pay the OT that much mind. It leads to absurd and unjust thinking.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:52 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,619,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry
Oh really? You know all those junk books and junk gods you said you've studied...none of it did you any good.

Quote:
Quote:
...you would suggest I do a little studying...?......the Hebrew Holiness Code......?......you just cannot make this stuff up .

.........like I said in post 49...I stand by it.
Quote:
Yes I would. I would suggest that you and any other that thinks the Bible condemns homosexuality start with this.

I read this piece of junk, and that's all it is, junk. The author of this junk is Rev. Dr Lisa W. Davison.

You out there who don't even bother to go to this site (I don't blame you)... check out some of this crap that was written:

Gen 1-2 – “God Created Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve”

LIE#1 - "...The creation stories are attempting to explain how all of creation came to be, especially humanity. Based on their understanding of procreation, the ancient writers understood that to go from two persons to many peoples, God had to start with a female and a male. More specifically, both stories describe the creation of two sexes but not of sexual orientation. In Gen 2, God understands that the first human creature is lonely. Out of a concern for the human creature’s need for companionship, God divides adam into two parts. The Divine affirms that we all need to be in relationships. Thus, our lives are about finding that which completes us – male or female..."

Verna's Comment on the Above: Honestly...no one who is filled with the Spirit of Christ Jesus believes this junk.

"Gen 19 – The Origin of the Word, “Sodomite/Sodomy”

LIE#2 - "...The sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was inhospitality, not homosexuality."..."The way that the people of Sodom treated the two angelic guests showed their lack of hospitality and their hostility to those who were different from them. Most of the biblical translations of Gen 19 fail to acknowledge that it was the whole community – male & female, young & old – who came to Lot’s house and demanded that Lot turn his guests over to them. If anything, the citizens of Sodom intended to commit gang rape. When the reader realizes that it was not just a group of men who demanded to “know” the male visitors, then the possibility of seeing the story as being about homosexual behavior disappears. Interpretation of the story for centuries has been that their downfall was: greed, inhospitality, pride, injustice, idolatry, etc (cf, Isa 1:9, 10; 3:9; 13:19; Jer 23:14; 49:18; 50:40; Ezek 16:46, 48, 49, 53, 55, 56; Matt 10:15; 11:23-24; Mark 6:11; and Luke 10:12; 17:29)..."

Verna's Comment on the Above: Well, let's just take a look at some of the passages this heathen offers us trying to prove that the stroy of S&G is speaking of everything EXCEPT homosexuality...

Isaiah 1:9 Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

Verse 1:9 The LORD is rebuking the Isrealites, telling them they better count their blessings that He even left of them a remnant!...giving them the example of His wrath upon Sodom and Gomorrah, of which He left none!..they all burned up!...the entire land was laid waste!/desolate!

Isaiah 3:9 The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves.

Verse 3:9 They cast off all fear of God!...THUS!, their just reward - utter ruin.

Isaiah 13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

Verse 13:9 I mean - what is there here for me to comment upon...? "...HE SHALL DESTROY THE SINNERS THEREOF OUT OF IT..." HOW DOES THIS PROVE ANYTHING THAT THIS LIEING, DELUSIONAL, UNBELIEVING AUTHOR'S FALSE INTERPRETATIONS OF HOLY SCRIPTURE, HAS TO SAY ? ? ? "...TO LAY THE LAND DESOLATE..." Absolutely nothing here to prove that HOMOSEXUALITY was not their DOWNFALL!!!

...I'll only do one more passage....Holy Scritpure speaks for itself...and I will not waist any more time than I must with this JUNK!...

Jeremiah 23:14 I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness; they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.

Verse 23:14 Are you serious...! ? ! This is suppossed to be an example that S&G didn't fry because of HOMOSEXUALITY ? ? ? Give me a Break! He is telling the Isrealites that to Him, they are just as wicked as those who fried in S&G...that if they didn't change their ways, they TOO! were ALL! going to fry!

I could pull every passage given above by this author and totaly demolish everything she is saying...but I am not.

Let's continue on with the lies...

Lev 18:22; 20:13 – “Abominations”

18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.
20:13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.

LIE #3 - "...The Leviticus laws were intended only for Israel. Primary concern was for Israel to remain holy and identifiable from other cultures/faiths. Both texts speak of a man lying with another man as with a woman. No mention of lesbianism. Why not? Again, concern for procreation. Male-male sexual relations “wasted seed” as did “masturbation.” Female-female sexual relations did not. Also, these are men who the text assumes are naturally heterosexual, doing something against their “nature” and rather than an expression of love in a mutual relationship. Another possibility is that the disgrace here would be that one of the men would have to “play the part of a woman,” which was the greatest humiliation for males in a patriarchal culture.

Verna's Comments on the Above: ?...ANOTHER...?...POSSIBILITY...? DO YOU GET THIS...?...ANOTHER POSSIBILITY...?...NEED I SAY MORE...? !!!! ...UGH ! THIS GIVES ME INDIGESTIN !

..and people, this goes on and on and on and on...all lies!

Quote:
The bible records that King David of Israel had, among other things, many wives/women. This was the expected behavior of a king, especially to insure a male heir to the throne. David’s relationships with women, though, were often troubled and unhealthy. The best relationship recorded for David is that between him and Jonathon, son of David’s arch enemy, King Saul. The texts of I & II Sam describe in great detail the interactions between David and Jonathon. Read through non-heterosexist eyes, this is a story of romance. The souls of the two men are described as being “joined together as one.” They make a solemn covenant of fidelity to each other. They kissed and wept upon having to be parted. Jonathon is said to have loved David more than his own life. The most obvious, and most difficult to deny, statement of the depth and nature of the love shared between these two men is found in David’s lament over the deaths of Saul and Jonathon. In his grief, David states: “I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; greatly beloved were you to me; your love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women” (II Samuel 1:26). Again, it appears that the biblical writers/editors were not troubled by this presentation of a deep love between two men, even with one of those men being the great King David.
Dear God...I am so sorry...I can only imagine Your countanance...

Psalms 141:5 ...I pray constantly against the wicked and their deeds.

In Christ Jesus,
Verna.

I just found this on Rev. Dr. Lisa W. Davison...

Spiritual Advisors

Following are our team of spiritual advisors for Gay Into Straight America. Their support, encouragement and love enhance our journey. Thank you!
You can click onto their email and write them with questions you may have.
Rev. Dr. Lisa Davison
Professor of Old Testament
at Lexington Theological Seminary
ldavison@lextheo.edu

Click here for LIsa's writing on:
What The Bible Says/Doesn't Say about Homosexuality
Rev.Dr. Davison, an ordained Disciples of Christ minister, officiated at our spiritual ceremony on July 31, 2004.

...of course she twists the Holy Word of God...she is bias...she is all in for GLTB.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 12-09-2011 at 09:31 AM..

Old 12-09-2011, 08:55 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,105,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
It's before.

IMHO, Christians really shouldn't pay the OT that much mind. It leads to absurd and unjust thinking.
Actually, the New Testament relies on the Old Testament for its meaning. Without referring to Old Testament, how is it possible to understand why Jesus lived and died?

Old 12-09-2011, 09:27 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,445,585 times
The OP is likely not wanting to be converted to a new religion so although I understand the temptation in a way I think it's a bit aggressive to get into that.

As a Catholic I might be quite different than you, but I will pray that she manages her Lupus well and finds her way to the life God desires for people with same-sex attractions. And if this be unacceptable to you, I apologize for any disrespect.

I feel I should add something, but I don't really know you. I might suggest you talk to someone your daughter's not disowned in your real though.

Last edited by Thomas R.; 12-09-2011 at 09:45 AM..

Old 12-09-2011, 09:48 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,975,030 times
It is your daughters life to live the way she see fit, that's her choice and God has given her that choice. It is not up to you to judge your daughters actions, that is left up to God. You may not like her life style but she is still your daughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity